SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : thought maybe i would ask for your thoughts on this...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

thought maybe i would ask for your thoughts on this...

I am thinking of going homeless. I am currently on SSI for mental illness. I want to cancel my ssi, come off my medication (slowly most likely) and be homeless. I'm hoping it will help my relationship with God by doing this.

any thoughts?

2012/9/17 12:41
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: thought maybe i would ask for your thoughts on this...

Why?

2012/9/17 12:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am thinking of going homeless. I am currently on SSI for mental illness. I want to cancel my ssi, come off my medication (slowly most likely) and be homeless. I'm hoping it will help my relationship with God by doing this.

Dear Brother, if this is rooted in the fact in your heart you do not want to work than this is something you do have to deal with God with. Idleness can actually lead to mental illness we were made by God to be active and doing work (whether ministry or secular). This is not a bad thing at all. May God direct and guide you to help you with these things.

If you are in contact with a local pastor or elder it might be good to seek advice and prayers from them.

2012/9/17 13:17Profile

Re:

Miccah: One reason is hoping the accusation from the enemy will lessen before God. hopefully my iniquity will lessen and I will be more free. if you didn't know I am in spiritual bondage.

Greg: I have tried to work and its very hard because of my mental illness. I worked a part time job for a year and a half up until 4 months ago. I get really uncomfortable around people at work. I act weird (demons) and people don't know what's wrong with me.

The Lord seems to be saying He's not against me going homeless just that He wants me to be a light wherever I go (around homeless people) and it seems like He does say it will be hard

edit: I love working in my field (chemistry) its just I have major bondages socially. it didn't used to be this way but I abused grace and used drugs and got demons

2012/9/17 13:42

Re:

I felt your prayers you guys. I just have so much iniquity.. its hard to break out of it....

2012/9/17 14:07

God chooses the foolish and despised ones, as His chosen princes.

I see this as an act of desperation. You think this abandonment must resolve issues of despair and chaos, and lack of real love in your life.[ family.]

If a cork is heaved off an ocean liner, it will bob around for years maybe, and wet itself in the seas.....but one day it will wash up on dry ground...and will become dry again, just like it was when it first fell.

There are other solutions. If you are sincere with Jesus, and I assume you are, there are programs here and there, ran by real men of God, called to minister to you, and establish you in Him.

Here is one up in Santa Rosa...where some of my friends serve. Redwood Gospel Mission. Here, they have a proven and disciplined program, with a live in setting...with long term followup...[ up to 18 months..]

It has helped many like you. Call this number....707-542-4817...[ Chris Keys ] Ext.2..
...and go here for an on line application....
http://www.srmission.org/about.html

and ask for Cornelius..a good brother. Mention Tom Watkins , as I just talked to them, and will help defray some of their costs if you show up. It will be free to you.

For the record, I too was homeless for a while...panhandling, roaming, long-haired and immoral...and God scraped me up...and I smelt like real dung, I'm sure...but He loved me back to health. Same for you NoahJD. Trust Him to love you through, and try and trust Godly men[ but human too] who are called to shepherd and heal.

Lots of people are for you. DO NOT GIVE UP. THIS CONDEMNATION AND DEPRESSION WILL LEAVE YOU ONE DAY SOON.

Tom.
http://www.srmission.org/about.html

2012/9/17 14:39
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Scripture still says that if you do not work you should not eat. Ever considered that?

Unless you deal with demons residing in you, you will take them right with you wherever you go. If you have a spiritual problem you need to look for someone to help you, not change jobs unless you are doing something that will enhance the devil's agenda.

My opinion.

2012/9/17 14:42Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: God chooses the foolish and despised ones, as His chosen princes.

Quote:
edit: I love working in my field (chemistry) its just I have major bondages socially. it didn't used to be this way but I abused grace and used drugs and got demons

Brother, I want to encourage you that you do "not have demons" if you are a child of God but you can be oppressed of the enemy to think you do. You need to say "no" to these thoughts and memorize and keep 5-10 scriptures in your mind of God's truth and not to listen to the enemies lies.

God can set you free brother.

2012/9/17 14:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy