SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer New Book: The Gospel’s Power and Message

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Paul Washer New Book: The Gospel’s Power and Message

Saints,

This seems like an encouraging and godly book to get and read. Paul Washer's ministry and heart to recover the Gospel has been a needful element of what God is doing in North American Christianity. May we be open to all of God's watchmen He is raising up to bring balance and wholeness to the body of Christ.

The Gospel’s Power and Message by Paul Washer
http://www.heritagebooks.org/the-gospels-power-and-message/

One of the greatest crimes of this generation of Christians is its neglect of the gospel, and it is from this neglect that all our other maladies spring forth. Absent from too many pulpits are the essential themes which make up the very core of the gospel—the justice of God, the radical depravity of man, the blood atonement. In The Gospel’s Power and Message, Paul Washer addresses these essential elements of Christ’s good news and provides a guide to help us rediscover the gospel in all its beauty, scandal, and saving power. May such a rediscovery transform your life, strengthen your proclamation, and bring the greatest glory to God.

Author Paul Washer ministered as a missionary in Peru for 10 years, during which time he founded the HeartCry Missionary Society to support Peruvian church planters. Paul now serves as one of the laborers with the HeartCry Missionary Society (www.heartcrymissionary.com). He and his wife Charo have three children: Ian, Evan, and Rowan.

Endorsement “In these days of insipid, man-centered, ear-tickling preaching, we need Sons of Thunder who fear God and faithfully preach His Word without fear of consequences. My friend Paul Washer is one such man. May God use this book to reach the lost and to glorify His Name.” — Ray Comfort, author of Hell’s Best Kept Secret and The Way of the Master

2012/9/17 12:12Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Paul Washer New Book: The Gospel’s Power and Message

except from the book:

"Although few would disagree with what we have said so far, it seems
that for the most part, such impassioned preaching has gone out of style.
Many would say it lacks the refinement and sophistication that are necessary
to be effective in this modern era. The postmodern man, who prefers
a bit more humility and openness to other viewpoints, considers a passionate
preacher who proclaims the truth boldly and unapologetically to
be an obstacle. The majority argument is that we simply must change the
way we preach because it just looks foolish to the world."

and here are some sample pages: http://heritagebooktalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/washer-paul-the-gospels-power-and-message-sample.pdf

2012/9/18 0:06Profile
brothagary

Re:

im sure you could create some good threds with excerpts from this book,,,,,,,thanks greg

2012/9/18 5:20Profile
jstrang

Marshfield, Wisconsin

I am looking forward to this one.

Jeremy

2012/9/22 23:55Profile
richrock

UK

Re:

Paul Washer writing a book? I'm there! Looking forward to this!

2012/9/23 3:52Profile
Pandarus

Queensland, Australia

Re:

Although I absolutely LOVE his preaching, I've got books coming out of my ears! (I went a bit bizirk on the Leonard Ravenhill panel discussion from last year's Sermonindex conference and ended up buying almost all of them!)

Problem is, all these good books are taking up time I should be spending reading THE book.

And so, whilst I'm dearly tempted, uh-uh for me - for now!

But boy will I continue to download his sermons here!

Thanks Greg!

2012/9/25 6:44Profile
Etuna

Paul Washer is deep. His preaching "panel-beats" my spirit so much that i walk around burdened and ready to cry at the thought of anything self. I love that sermonindex introduced him to me and i appreciate his opening my eyes to a pure look at Jesus and the cross, but i'm a little afraid everytime i have to play his sermon-let alone read a book *sigh*... I dont know if this makes me weak, but i still have loads to work on with the much that i've already learned this far, before i indulge any further.

I know this book is a blessing and i pray i get the courage to buy it and receive some more truth someday soon.

Appreciate the announcement sermonindex.

2012/9/25 7:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy