Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : marriage and courtship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re:

This is a burning issue in some Churches today. Am afraid some Pastors arrogate to themselves Absolute Powers and succeed in dominating the lives of their people.

Its the Pastor who fights our battles, goes before us to make euery crooked paths straight, interprets our dreams and even hears God on our behalf. I stil wonder when they'll allow us grow to maturity.

The truth is that when it comes to marriage, such systems are designed to favour immediate members. Certain wonderful Sisters are reserved for some zealous & loyal Brothers.

If Sister Bilwue had been a "wonderful Sister," I won't be surprized if the Pastor is already 'packaging' her in his mind, as a REWARD for that "Faithful Brother." It then becomes almost easier for "the camel to pass thru the eye of the needle" than for a brother to come from Nowhere and snatch her away.

The antagönism & competition that exists between Pastors may further worsen the situation for Bilwue's suitor. It would've even been better if he were a businessman whom her Pastor wil consider "teachable" rather than a Preacher whom he'd see as a "rival."

Am sorry I've not taken a stand on your case Dear Sister. This is because I have no Word from The Lord in this matter.

Am also sorry I've only taken time to paint very grim pictures of the scenario. I guess its because of the things I've seen Pastors do.

Though I may be young and know little about Methuselah and the time he lived, I still feel if he'd lived in my time and had seen some of the Pastors I have seen, am not sure he may have lived that long.

2012/9/18 18:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy