SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Does God Want You Healed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Does God Want You Healed

Does God want you healed that is a question that needs to be answered and settled in your thinking because your way of thinking can hinder you from receiving your healing (3John 2). And the best place to find this out is from the Bible, not from peoples opinions or what they been taught, but from the Bible. First, every child of God has a covenant of healing. Notice in Luke 13 there was a woman with a spirit of infirmity and Jesus said, "Ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?" Notice, Jesus said she ought to be loosed because she was a daughter of Abraham. What was he saying, she has a covenant of healing and God is faithful to his covenant. He promised to never break it or alter it (Psalm 89:34). So what does that have to do with you, in Galatians 3:29 it says, "If ye be Christ's then are you Abraham's seed." And God is no respecter of persons, so just as Jesus said that woman ought to be loosed because she was a seed of Abraham, that's how He sees you. An important note I want to call your attention to is notice Jesus said, "Whom Satan has bound", because there are some who believes that God puts sickness on you. But, notice in Acts 10:38 it says that Jesus healed all that were oppressed of the devil. God anointed Jesus to heal the sick, so how could He be putting sickness on you. Jesus said, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation: and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." So, if God's the one putting sickness on you and healing you then He's working against himself.

Second, Jesus paid for your healing with his own blood. The same blood that purchased your forgiveness of sins also purchased your healing (1Peter 2:24). So, just as God doesn't want anyone to perish, He also doesn't want anyone sick. He wants his will done in the earth just as it is done in heaven (Matthew 6:10). When someone pays for something for you then it's obvious that they want you to have it. For example you take someone out to a buffet to eat and you pay for them, you want them to have free access to all that is on the buffet. In fact you feel best when they take advantage of what you paid for. If you paid for them to eat and all they came back with is a peice of bread you wouldn't feel right. Because for one thing you would feel like your money was wasted because they didn't take advantage of what you paid for. Third, He tells you how to get healed. In James 5:14,15 God tells you how to get healed by the prayer of faith. If healing isn't his will how can you pray the prayer of faith. And He tells you in the next verse to pray one for another that you may be healed. That's one way God has for you to receive healing and there's other ways. Why would He have so many ways of receiving healing if it wasn't his will. And fourth, He's your father and what kind of father would not want to see his child healed (Romans 8:15). Especially one that has the power to do something about it. Well, that's just a few things the Bible has to say on the subject you decide what you are going to believe.

2012/9/13 2:42Profile

Re: Does God Want You Healed

I had to take out the "You", and "Your" out of this article to include both the writer and the audience as needing this word. It looks proper to include yourself when ministering to others. I've placed this symbol * in front of each correction. Thank you for writing it.

"Does God want *us healed that is a question that needs to be answered and settled in *our thinking because *our way of thinking can hinder *us from receiving *our healing (3John 2). And the best place to find this out is from the Bible, not from peoples opinions or what they been taught, but from the Bible. First, every child of God has a covenant of healing. Notice in Luke 13 there was a woman with a spirit of infirmity and Jesus said, "Ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?" Notice, Jesus said she ought to be loosed because she was a daughter of Abraham. What was he saying, she has a covenant of healing and God is faithful to his covenant. He promised to never break it or alter it (Psalm 89:34). So what does that have to do with *us, in Galatians 3:29 it says, "If ye be Christ's then are you Abraham's seed." And God is no respecter of persons, so just as Jesus said that woman ought to be loosed because she was a seed of Abraham, that's how He sees *us. An important note I want to call your attention to is that Jesus said, "Whom Satan has bound", because there are some who believe that God puts sickness on *us. But, notice in Acts 10:38 it says that Jesus healed all that were oppressed of the devil. God anointed Jesus to heal the sick, so how could He be putting sickness on *us. Jesus said, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation: and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." So, if God's the one putting sickness on us and healing *us then He's working against himself.

Second, Jesus paid for *our healing with his own blood. The same blood that purchased *our forgiveness and sins also purchased *our healing (1Peter 2:24). So, just as God doesn't want anyone to perish, He also doesn't want anyone sick. He wants his will done in the earth just as it is done in heaven (Matthew 6:10). When someone pays something for you then it's obvious that they want you to have it. For example, when you take someone out to a buffet to eat and you pay for them, you want them to have free access to all that is on the buffet. In fact you feel best when they take advantage of what you paid for. If you paid for them to eat and all they came back with is a piece of bread you wouldn't feel right. Because for one thing you would feel like your money was wasted because they didn't take advantage of what you paid for. Third, He tells you how to get healed. In James 5:14,15 God tells *us how to get healed by the prayer of faith. If healing isn't his will how can *we pray the prayer of faith. And He tells *us in the next verse to pray one for another that *we may be healed. That's one way God has for *us to receive healing and there's other ways. Why would He have so many ways of receiving healing if it wasn't His will. And fourth, He's *our Father and what kind of Father would not want to see His children healed (Romans 8:15). Especially One that has the power to do something about it. Well, that's just a few things the Bible has to say on the subject *we need to decide what *we are going to believe."

2012/9/13 8:46
SkepticGuy

Re:

if god wants every1 to get healed then why does every1 die? according to this thinking every1 fails becuz ultimately god doesnt heal any1. see what i mean?

jesus did not die for our healing. he died to pay the price of our sins. he endured god's wrath in our place. penal substitution. (i am learning more and more as i grow)

any healing that god may perform is purely out of his grace and mercy. jesus' death did not seal physical healing for us.

2012/9/13 8:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
So, if God's the one putting sickness on us and healing *us then He's working against himself.

Not necessarily.

The Old Testament is our examples, I'll let the bible explain itself. Please observe.

Numbers 16:44 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.

And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the LORD; the plague is begun.

And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people.

The purpose of certain kinds of sickness is to draw our attention back on God. God will and has many times put sickness on people for the sole purpose of coming to their senses.

King Hezekiah was one of those. God put a death sentence on him but he immediately repented of his ways and God instantly healed him.

God put a death sentence on Jesus Christ. He was to die to make atonement for all. He "became sin, who knew no sin". God put the "sickness" of what man could never be free from on to Christ, that we may be healed.

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no God with Me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Romans 3:4 let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

2012/9/13 9:12
MaryJane

Re:

by SkepticGuy on 2012/9/13 2:54:47

if god wants every1 to get healed then why does every1 die? according to this thinking every1 fails becuz ultimately god doesnt heal any1. see what i mean?

jesus did not die for our healing. he died to pay the price of our sins. he endured god's wrath in our place. penal substitution. (i am learning more and more as i grow)

any healing that god may perform is purely out of his grace and mercy. jesus' death did not seal physical healing for us.

Greetings SG

You have brought up some of the exact same thoughts that I had after reading this article.

I agree with what you said, if GOD does choose to heal me, it is out of HIS grace that HE does so. If HE chooses to allow me to continue on being sick then its HIS strength HE gives me to continue on and when I die its HIS mercy HE gives me as I go home to be with HIM.

Just my understanding on this.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/9/13 9:15Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:

You've got it down. Don't let anything convince you to the contrary (save Scripture alone, though your position is already in line with Scripture).

2012/9/13 9:19Profile
FranklinB

Re:

EverestoSama Jesus healed thousands of people are they alive now, so what does getting healed have to do with dieing. You don't have to be sick to die. And Jesus did die for our physical healing that's what the Bible says (Isaiah 53:4,5; 1Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:17). He redeemed us from the curse of the law which includes healing.

2012/9/13 17:35Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Your very example proves my point once atonement was made it stopped. And Jesus has made atonement for us that's why the word says "By his stripes ye were healed". Because he took our punishment freeing us from it.

2012/9/13 17:51Profile
FranklinB

Re:

He's already chose to heal you when He put your sickness on Jesus that's why it says, "By whose stripes ye were healed". God sees you as healed and waiting for you to come into agreement with him and receive your healing.

2012/9/13 17:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy