SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be an Example.....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Be an Example.....

12Let no one despise or think less of you because of your youth, but be an example (pattern) for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Tim 4

Dearly beloved in Christ Jesus,
If only you would pause for a moment and let the Holy Spirit take hold of your soul and read this verse, it is a challange not often heard in pulpits. Can we talk about it here just a little bit?

Most of the time when you hear this verse, you hear just the first part, Paul admonishing Timothy to not let anyone despise him because of his youth. Paul knew there would be "those" who would, but he did not want this young minister to become discouraged by the shallow mindedness of relious zealots.

It's a tragedy that most stop at this point and ignore the second part of Paul's admonition. "but be an example (pattern) for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity".

Be an "example or pattern" for the believers. He's saying as he did to all of us, follow me as I follow Christ. I have to stop and think and let the Holy Spirit search my heart...am I an example..in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity?

Well, I know I'm successful in some of these areas at times, but am I what God expects me to be in all of these areas. Saints of God, this is something to take before God, and let Him search our hearts, meditate on it, reflect on it, let the Holy Spirit search and bring to light what shall not any longer be hidden. I don't mean for public display, but to help us stop sweeping our carnality and worldliness under the table. Step up to true repentance and ask God for the ability by the blood of Jesus to acheive success in these areas.

Please hear me, if the unsaved do not see this kind of an example, they will not believe what you or anyone else has to say.

Ghandi of India said that if christians would live like the bible says, India would be won to christianity in one day. What about the good old USA?

You and I know that neither you nor I have been very successful at this on a consistant basis. I know it's time for me to change. Sweet Jesus please help me be that kind of example in all those areas. What about you? Don't you think it's time we got started? I do too. Together, we can by the power of His Spirit that worketh in us all. Yeild it up to Him, and let Him bring forth His fruit, His example, His life. Live for the glory of God, and let God be all He can be in you!

2005/2/22 18:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy