SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Excited for this Website & Seeking Godly Wisdom

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Blessed2BHis

Tennessee

Excited for this Website & Seeking Godly Wisdom

Hello all. I'm very excited to have found what looks to be an amazing website with Godly, sound, biblical sermons to download and a forum, to boot. After reading the guidelines, I'm thinking that I feel very appreciative in advance for some selfless, servant-hearted moderators. So thank you, to whomever appreciation is due.

I am 43 yo and came to be a Christian at 19 yo. So I am blessed to have been a Christian for 24 years. I am married to my best friend and I am a mother of two children, whom I am blessed to be able to teach at home (Thank you Abba Father!). I have a daughter, 10, whom I adopted when she was 2, and a 6 yo son with Down Syndrome. Both have overcome a mountain of issues, one with psychological due to mistreatment at the hands of her birth parents, and the other with medical issues.

Now to the wisdom I seek. Of late, I notice I have become disenchanted with going to church. I believe this country is headed for very serious times because we have rejected God (I have recently finished reading about Dietrich Bonhoeffer & Corrie Ten Boom and listen to pastors online, who I would consider to be modern day watchmen.) From what I observe, the largest portion of the church is asleep. When I mention my concerns, my fellow brothers and sisters appear unmoved and continue making plans for AWANA, potlucks and senior trips. My conviction is becoming more firm that that is not the focus God would have His people focusing on. I'm thinking we really need to be on our faces in prayer and in God's Word. I'll confess I haven't been to church in several weeks now, and if possible, I would love to be involved with an intimate group of like minded people seeking God in a home setting.

Thoughts?

2012/9/11 1:43Profile
onemite

Re: Excited for this Website & Seeking Godly Wisdom

Hello and welcome!

I just want to say, I agree and amen! :)
Praise Him that He is waking us up one by one.
Keep your eyes on the goal and you won't become discouraged.
Our war isn't with those who are sleeping, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. We were once just as blind and asleep too so we keep praying as God leads.

2012/9/11 2:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Fully agree with your thoughts sadly many churches are leaving truth for a lie. We must continue to follow Jesus Christ even if many do not. May God give you encouragements and blessings on this site from godly preachers from the past.

---

Welcome to the SermonIndex website, may God bless you as you benefit from these free resources offered. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Here are some recommended audio resources that have blessed many and might be something for you to first take a look at:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

The Revival Hymn by Various Speakers
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=235&commentView=itemComments

His and His Alone by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=21381&commentView=itemComments

2012/9/11 2:57Profile

Re: Excited for this Website & Seeking Godly Wisdom

Dear sister Blessed, welcome to this site. Your thoughts are not out of step, in fact they are very much the leading of the Lord and His Holy Spirit. You will find saints from every conceivable background being led in this same direction. No doubt it is a sign of the times and a raising up of the Lord's remnant church in these the last days.

You will certainly find many like-minded brothers and sisters here and welcome. In my own small way I have endeaverored to speak to the remnant church in these days, especially since there is a coming storm against the Church and many still sleep. Brother Greg, the founder of this site is having a conference in Atlanta shortly on this very subject and I have no doubt that there will be a gathering of like-minded brothers and sisters at this convention. If you cannot yourself attend, please watch and listen to what the speakers have to say, I believe that you will be encouraged to know that there are many,many saints of like mind all around the world.........bro Frank

2012/9/11 7:11
Blessed2BHis

Tennessee

Thank you so much onemite, Brother Greg and Brother Frank. I am very much looking forward to going to the links you've provided. I've been concerned about whether or not this is a good thing to do. I definitely feel as though it was a waste of time for myself. I met some very nice people (we recently moved and had to find a new church). But when I would mention my concerns about the times, I was eventually told that it isn't good to dwell on negativity and have faith.

I'm really looking forward to delving into this site and making connections with fellow believers. Other Christian forums have been infiltrated by unbelievers and have essentially degraded down into something that don't much resemble the body of Christ, and not just because of the non-Christians. Even the highlighted text below to remind us to pray before posting is wonderful. YAY! Thank you Brother Greg for providing this site.

2012/9/11 9:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy