SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hosea 10:12

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Hosea 10:12

Hosea 10:12 - [i]"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you."[/i]

Our hearts are hardened, our ground is unplowed, fallow, and not able to be sown upon. We must stress the importance of breaking up the hardened soil in our lives, ridding ourselves of anything and everything that hinders the growth of God's blessed Word.

We also must sow for ourselves righteousness, till He comes and rains righteousness upon us. The Holy Spirit will flood our lives when God knows that we are willing and obedient. Isaiah 1:19 - [i]"If ye be willing and obedient ye shall eat the good of the land."[/i]

My heart is ready, Oh God. I have prepared the way for Your resting place, I have not mistreated the temple of the Lord. Every mountain is laid low, every valley filled in. Now come, Oh Lord, into your resting place, and fill your temple with that blessed Shekinah Glory!

2005/2/22 14:49Profile

Re: Hosea 10:12

BREAK UP YOUR FALLOW GROUND, FOR IT IS TIME TO SEEK THE LORD, TILL HE COME AND RAIN RIGHTEOUSNESS UPON YOU.
HOSEA 10:12

Some time ago, the Sibley family moved from and apartment complex, into a single family resdidence of which we surely thank God.

In the apartment we moved from, as you neared the front door, there was a small flower bed,about 4 ft. square. One day as I was arriving from work, I stopped short of the door to ponder the condition of the flower bed. The bed had been left to itself for quite some time. The earth was exposed to direct run off of rain from the roof, and the clay had become smooth and hard on the surface. Well, the Holy Spirit began to work in my mind.....and the following is the message that He gave me. I preached it to my involuntary family....who recieved it with mixed results.

I asked them why was there no flowers growing in the flower bed. They said, probably because noone planted seed. So I asked them, if you had some seeds for some beautiful flowers and went out and sewed the seed on that ground, do you think that in the appropriate amount of time that there would be lush flowers and sweet aroma for all to enjoy? No was there response. Now I must tell you, that my children have not been exposed to horticulture by any stretch of the imagination. They know very little of farming. Their mother and I both have brown thumbs. Only artificial plants do well in our home. NO was the response. Why not, I asked? Because the ground is too hard. Could you blame the seed? No, it is good seed. Could you blame God? No. Why not? Because the problem did not lie with God, but with the farmer. In order for the seed to be able to take root, there has to be a breaking up of the ground first, right? Right.
Let's take this one step further, let's say that someone came along and "tilled the soil". Now there is good soil, ready to be planted. And for illustration sake, let's say that we still have those precious seeds in and envelope on the bureau. What will happen if the seed stay in the envelope, in other words if we don't get off our backside and go plant them? Nothing will happen, dad. How come, I asked? Because the seed did not get planted in the ground. Is it God's fault? No. Is it the ground's fault? No. Is it because there is a lack of nutrients and/or water? No. Who's fault is it that there are no flowers? It's the one who owns the seed, but will not get up and go plant them. The seed has all the potential of producing it's fruit in great splendor. God will provide the increase....if only they are sewed in good soil. It won't do any good to sew them on that old hard ground. Some will surely fall on the side walk, even if the ground is broken up. But we have no one to blame but ourselves, for not having flowers, if we plant no seed. Amen? They all agreed, amen.

Surely, if you are a bible reader of even only a surface level, you realize by now that there must be some connection between the illustration that the Lord gave me above, and the one that Jesus spoke in the Gospels. The big difference is that in the parable that Jesus gave, the seed was sewn. In the illustration above, the seed never makes it to the wind. It never has the opportunity to produce what it was given for, to produce more beautiful flowers of the same kind that produced the seed.

Why isn't the seed being sewn? Well, one huge reason is because satan has duped the church into thinking that it's all the pastors job, and maybe a few evangelists, to sew the seed. Where does it say, "pastors go into all the nations"? No, it says you and I GO! Is it God's fault that our wheatfield looks like Afganistan in all it's radiant dirt? I dont' think so. Why? Because we have the seed. It is capable of producing after its own kind. But where are the sewers. Where are the tillers. It wouldn't be as bad as it is, if the seed were sewn and the birds came and ate it all. But the seed does not have any opportunity if we don't first take it up.....and then sew it liberaly. Some are called to break up the ground. There is ample scripture to do so. Others are called to water. There is ample scripture to do so. Others are called to sew......where are they? Others are called to reap? Where are they? Who ever heard of the Master working in the field? How absurd. That is what He has servants for. Yet we sit back and say, "well if God wants a revival, He will have to pour out His Spirit. He will have to do His work in the land."

Listen saints. God is willing to do His part. And He has given us the very best seed. So the question might be......what keeps you from sewing yours. What keeps me from sewing mine. It's a question that needs to be asked. What takes up all your sewing time. What stands in the way of you and the soil. You've got the means to break up the fallow ground, and you have the seed. Let us turn away from those things that rob of our sewing time. If we plant no seed, we cannot blame God for not having a harvest. If we plant the seed God has given us......we won't want to do anything but praise Him for our nets will be breaking with so many fish...I mean flowers. I think you probably have the idea by now. Selah (pause and think of that) Then ask the Holy Spirit for some holy boldness, and a desire to get busy sewing, while there is yet time left in the growing season.

2005/2/27 9:05
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Farming techniques

The Lord bless you Lahry,

May I push this just a bit farther?

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

So well expressed in this message:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=270]A Grain of Wheat[/url]
[i]Major Ian Thomas[/i]

Related thread
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4640&forum=34#31792]Ian Thomas - "Not IT but HIM"[/url]

2005/2/27 9:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Hosea 10:12

Charles Finney preached a challenging message on breaking up our fallow ground using this verse from Hosea. You can read a transcription of this message, or listen to a reading of it done by our own RobertW, at the following link. The Lord used this message greatly in my own life, for what it's worth, I can highly recommend it.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1814&forum=40]Breaking up Your Fallow Ground[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2005/2/27 10:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy