SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I have a question...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: Approved

Hi Approved

RE:///

Quote:
Approved, while I have the answer I do not wish to enter into a cal/arm debate. I am done with that.

God for you, I hate the Cal/Arm subjects too, I have no faith in either one of them ///

Amen guys! I think Keith Daniels has done the best Job at shining the light of scripture to both sides.

RE: Approved wrote ///We don't know about poor old Judas whether he made it to heaven or not, one can only speculate. We may be surprised that he did.///

This is the scripture that came to mind when I read that.
Matthew ch 26 24 "The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said."

2012/9/10 22:34Profile
stevet83

Re:

I appreciate everyone's input. I have some of my own. After I posted this thread I decided to go and read the Gospels. I'll be the first to say I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the Bible, but I have a desire to know the truth. The good thing is the answers are in black and white. When it comes to what people have to say about God and the Bible I'm very critical. Im not this way because I'm mean or I want to put people down, it's for I guess selfish reasons. Man is tainted and so are his words. I believe that truth can stand against critism and at the same time be reasonable and logical. I'm just not gonna believe whatever comes down the pipe. Honestly, I don't believe I'm obligated to believe what men say anyway. I know there is a difference between a false teacher and someone who just teaches something that is false. The first knows the truth and purposefully teaches a lie to lead people astray for whatever reason. The other will just say something in ignorance maybe cause they didn't familiarize themselves with the subject, or they think that what they have to say is intelligent, insightful, or helpful.
Well I'm convinced that this preacher guy who was teaching about the difference between Judas and Peter is wrong. I'm not knocking what he said. I'm sure for some people it was good enough, I just had to many questions that didn't get answers. I read the account of judas giving the coins back to those Jewish teachers, what struck me was the repentance that he expressed. "betrayed innocent blood" "overwhelmed with grief" I read some of the replies and much discussion could be made of this, he was not repentant toward God, and so on. What surprised me was Peters repentance, where did he repent? It says he wept bitterly, but the next time he comes up is when Jesus shows up while they're fishing. Thing to note: Peter, after he denied Christ, went back to being what he was before Jesus called him. I'm still trying to find his repentance. Yes I know he picked up where he left off as a follower of Jesus by obeying Jesus' command to what in Jerusalem. Could that be seen as repentance? Sure, I think so. Obedience is a manifestation of repentance. But, Jesus had already told Peter:Satan has asked to sift you as wheat but I have prayed for you Peter, that your faith will not fail and when you are converted strengthen the brethren. Jesus also told Peter that he would deny Him. What does Jesus say about Judas? When Jesus was praying to the Father in John ch. 16 or 17 He says: I have lost none that you gave me except the one doomed to destruction(son of perdition), so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
I've read a lot of posts and it's evident that there is a rift among Christians concerning certain points of doctrine. I am NOT trying to get anyone going about certain doctrines, all I know is what Jesus said about Judas I real interesting. I have brought this up to a pastor who visits me, he had his opinions...I respect this man and God has used him to help me a lot, but I noticed like I did with some posts that some seem more concerned with their loyalty to certain doctrines that they overlook some things that are written in black and white.
Fair to say I don't know the difference

2012/9/26 20:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy