Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Brother Bob Jennings Update

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Brother Bob Jennings Update

One More Trip

Below is from Bob Jennings Journal. You can access directly at: http://bobjenningsjournal.com/2012/09/09/one-more-trip/

Posted on September 9, 2012

"Swelling: The abdominal swelling is getting worse rapidly with various pains and malfunctions. Unless God intervenes, my course will be finished soon. It appears that the prayers of saints, so many of them, are being overridden by the prayer of the Lord Jesus – “Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world” (John 17:24). The Great High Priest has prayed that His elect be with Him. What can we do or say, but bow to His sovereignty, and that, gladly? Destined for glory with the Lord Jesus! I put my hands over my face for such marvelous, matchless, infinite grace.

Trip: Terri and I had hoped and prayed for one more trip together, especially to see newly married James and Bethany in their ‘new’ house in San Antonio along with all the saints. It began to appear impossible, but faith came and the next day (Wed., 29th) we were on the road, and we met with the saints at Denton, TX, that night, arriving in SA the next afternoon. It was so special to gather with the church on the Lord’s Day. Everything in the temple said, “Glory” (Psalm 29:9). We arrived back Monday night, none too soon as internal bleeding had come back, but I’m so thankful to say that it was soon healed.

Casket: Jared’s came about 3 p.m., and the boys, Jared, Zachary, and Evan, after some solemn tears together, began building the casket, and finished with some joy – O grave where is your victory? Raymond and Jaben spray painted the handles, we swept up, the family sang Abide with Me, and we said good-bye, purposing to be on our way with work to do. Great realities! Without Christ, all would be very dark. With Him, all is filled with hope – the resurrection, heaven, sinlessness, 2nd coming, the presence of Christ who so loved even me. There will be one more trip for the Christian."

Watch Bob Jenning's powerful sermon given only a week ago here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G4ytaUrCMTA

Lord be with Brother Bob's family and please keep this saint's pain low. Amen.

Jeremy Strang
www.time2stand.com
Christian. Husband. Father. Author.

2012/9/9 8:59Profile
browny

Re: Brother Bob Jennings Update

Dear brother Jeremy,

Thank you for posting this update.
Will be praying.

Shalom,
browny.

2012/9/10 0:36Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Oh, that I could reach out and touch the Jennings family. My heart goes out to him and his family. Praying for them and for his caretakers.

white stone

2012/9/10 11:08Profile

Brother, I 'only' want to say - Thank you to Brother Bob and to you for posting this.

I could not technically set up an account on Youtube to leave a reply to this message that Brother Bob spoke - but I wanted to post that, he couldn't have chosen a better Verse nor could have done a better job on expounding on that verse for all of us to absorb and most, be comforted by.

Also, I wanted to cross-reference his chosen verse to send to him, that which goes with the verse he preached on -

To Brother Bob and his loved ones - Isaiah 57:1,2.

I tried also to get to his personal blog site again - but it appears that it no longer exists.

I will check this thread to see if there are any updates - as I've been following along with Brother Bob for some time now but am not sure whom else to contact for further word.

Thank you again for posting this last message and for any further updates, Jeremy.

2012/9/10 14:04
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Re: Brother Bob Jennings Update as of 9.13.2012

Below is the update give from brother Bob Jennings. You can follow directly here: http://bobjenningsjournal.com/2012/09/14/the-gates/

Peace and blessing to the Jennings family and my the Lord God Almighty bless this saint for his work and time.

Amen.

Jeremy Stang
www.time2stand.com

The Gates
by bntjennings

Dear folks, I thought it was the end of the pilgrim path Sun. night. My metabolism seemed barely alive. Much pain. We felt compelled to go to the ER. The blood was poor. They did an IV for about 40 minutes, and they sent me home, estimating that I had 1 or 2 days to live. I think they gave me what was for me an overdose of pain killer and it caused nausea, dizziness, flashes, and I'd say it affected my liver function, as, since then I've had extreme weakness. I can hardly walk. My legs hurt. There is slight improvement today. I have an extremely sensitive bowel, and am eating rice, bread, and bananas only. Hospice has started coming. All the family is here. God is good. God is. We march onward to the prize before us -- the Lord Jesus Himself. My love, Bob

Gates of death: Psalm 9:13 Be gracious to me, O Lord; See my affliction from those who hate me, You who lift me up from the gates of death…

Gates of Zion (church): Psalm 9:14 that I may tell of all Your praises, that in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in Your salvation.

Gates of hell: Matthew 16:18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Gates of pearl / heaven: Revelation 21:21, 22 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls … blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Jesus already entered the gates of glory / heaven: Psalm 24:7 Lift up your heads, O gates, and be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in!

Make sure right now that you enter the right gate – the narrow gate, not the wide gate of false profession: Matthew 7:13,14 Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

2012/9/13 22:54Profile

Thank you for sharing news about this precious brother.
What a glorious testimony he has as he faces death.
He is one who precedes us with words of warning and comfort. He reminds us of the privilege of living and not wasting the short time we have on this earth.

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever." Psalm 73:25-26

2012/9/20 23:43
jstrang

Owasso, OK

9/24/2012 update on Bob

Most recent update as of 9.24.12
http://bobjenningsjournal.com/2012/09/26/which-prayer/

2012/9/26 12:09Profile
mama27

Re: 9/24/2012 update on Bob

What precious words from a precious saint, whom I have only recently come to know....this "tension" between the two places - praying importunately, and praying resignedly - truly sums up the human condition. I have been in the same place (which can be agony at times) for my prodigals. What a blessing to meditate on the fact that our Lord experienced the same thing as He prayed, "Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me"....we wrestled in the same way recently over the life and death of Bro. Denny Kenaston. I am SO THANKFUL for the life lessons that come thru people as they share on this forum. May God be incredibly real and near to the entire Jennings family. Thank you for the update.

2012/9/26 12:24Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

This is a great revival testimony by brother Bob Jennings.

http://youtu.be/-0tYxmiy9Cg

2012/9/26 13:12Profile
jstrang

Owasso, OK

For those of you following Bob Jennings and his fight against cancer, here is a letter, quite possibly his last, to the local news paper just this last week.

http://www.ordinarypastor.com/?p=10882

Blessings,

Jeremy Strang
Christian. Husband. Father.
www.time2stand.com

2012/10/5 1:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy