Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Today is costly—

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Today is costly—

If you had only $1000 for you and your family and your neighbors, and you could not earn or get anymore money for the next two months, you would (I’m sure) be VERY careful how you spent that money. You would feel the need for every penny to be ruled by God, without waste. You would feel the sense that much is at stake, and nothing should be frivolous or foolish. Every penny, every dollar would need to be placed at Jesus’ feet for careful use. Do you know our situation is MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT? We will all pay a very high price for what we do today, in thought, in action, in attitudes. “TODAY” is priceless. None of us know how many “todays” we will have. Perhaps this will be the last one, for you or for me. The number of “todays” granted to each of us is very, very limited. Let’s make everything “count” for Jesus today? Each of us will pay the price of *ONE*DAY*OF*OUR*LIVES*—for whatever we choose to do today. Every thought and action and attitude will either be for Jesus, or in neglect of Him. Each of us will pay the incredibly high price of *ONE*DAY*OF*OUR*LIVES*—for whatever we choose to do today. “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that...” EVERY DAY WILL BE AN INVESTMENT IN JESUS, AND IN OTHERS, without waste. Today is costly—let’s do it right, for Him today?

Was talking with my husband today about things that really matter...and then GOD gave me this devotional to read and I thought I would share it here with you.

I am seeing this time here and now spent living is really only the training ground to when my life really begins. Being successful now in the eyes of the world means nothing in the eyes of my LORD. What I do with today, how I live today in HIM, how I respond to HIM is what matters.

God bless
maryjane

2012/9/8 22:27Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Today is costly—

Thanks, Sister. That was such a good reminder. When I was a youth I sang a song many times that had a profound effect on my life, along with repeated lessons along that theme. Here is the way we used to sing the song:

Only One Life

It matters so little how much you may own
The places you've been
Or the people you've known
For it all comes to nothing when placed at His feet
It's nothing to Jesus
Just memories to keep

Only one life so soon it will pass
Only what's done for Christ will last
Only one chance to do His will
Just remember, you have but one life.

You can take all the treasures
From faraway lands
And take all the riches you can hold in your hands
And have all the pleasures your money can buy
But what will you have when it's your time to die?

Just remember, you have but one life.

The days pass so quickly.
The months come and go.
The years melt away like new fallen snow.
Spring turns to summer.
Summer to fall.
Autumn brings winter,
Then death comes to call.

So give to Jesus all your days
It's the only life that pays
When you recall you have but one life
When you recall
You have but one life.

Here's a pretty good version of it on video:

http://youtu.be/BeINZ1HYy3Y

2012/9/8 23:44Profile
ET101

Re:

Thank you MaryJane. Amen.

2012/9/9 1:33Profile
MaryJane

Re:

greetings Lordoitagain

Thank you for sharing this song with us. I was very blessed in hearing it.

God bless
maryjane

2012/9/9 8:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy