SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : I have a question, and I want some advice =)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
James468

I have a question, and I want some advice =)

Hello!

I have a question regarding women and submission in the Word. I am a woman and I have been a believer for 3 years and love God very much. The Holy Spirit has been giving me revelation after revelation of God's character and Holiness and God's Word. Today, I was presented with a challenge. I was told that women must never teach any man about anything and that they are to submit to all men in every situation as long as it doesn't cause her to sin.

After doing some studying, reading, praying, and reading about woman in Titus and in 1 Timothy 2 specifically, I am as of now understanding that women are not to teach over men in a church/worship setting, that a woman should not be teaching a man about scripture or doctrine, and that they are not to usurp the authority that a man has in a place, as in, a man over his household or a pastor over his congregation. I also understand that a woman must submit to her husband. However, I cannot find where it says that a woman is to submit to all men in any situation. I also do not find where it states that a woman should never teach a man about anything.

I want to be everything that God wants me to be. If this is the truth, I want to follow it, but so far, I cannot find anything to support it on a solid basis. Can you pray for me regarding this situation so that before I respond to this that I am filled with love and compassion, understanding of the scripture, and humility? If you can offer any advice that would be appreciated as well. Thank you all!

2012/9/8 1:10Profile
Fiat

Re: I have a question, and I want some advice =)

Hi, welcome.
First, I am a simple member like you, and a man.
You and all humans have a free will, so you may freely speak your opinion without teaching. Speack all you have to say with love and humility, never praudly it leds to ego, this goes for man & woman alike.
If its your profession to teach, then you are obliged to do you job as good as you possible can.
If a person is loving, humble and kind this person will never put its self over another person.
Take exsample from God loving woman who have lived a christian life.
God love you, be blessed.

2012/9/8 3:28Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
After doing some studying, reading, praying, and reading about woman in Titus and in 1 Timothy 2 specifically, I am as of now understanding that women are not to teach over men in a church/worship setting, that a woman should not be teaching a man about scripture or doctrine, and that they are not to usurp the authority that a man has in a place, as in, a man over his household or a pastor over his congregation. I also understand that a woman must submit to her husband. However, I cannot find where it says that a woman is to submit to all men in any situation. I also do not find where it states that a woman should never teach a man about anything.

Sister, It is wonderful to hear your heart to serve the Lord and follow Him in everything that the Scripture says. This shows me that you are a true believer who understands fully the cross of Jesus Christ and His great love shown to you.

here is a great message for your consideration:

(Godly Home) Part 21 - The Hidden Women by Denny Kenaston
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=7325&commentView=itemComments

"But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.... any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head ...For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair ...For a man ought not to cover his head; since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.)" 1 Corinthians 11:2-10

"Wives, be submissive to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands." Ephesians 5:21-24

"...the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty." 1 Timothy 11:15

"Wives, be subject to your husband, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord." Colossians 3:18-22

"....and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be sensible, chaste, domestic, kind, and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be discredited.... Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect..." Titus 2:4-9

"No one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste..." Revelation 14:3-4

As towards your reactions to other men in public, I believe you should be meek and not domineering. And to keep to a minimum your conversations. In my mind for any married man to spend extensive time in a working situation is not right and can lead to problems. There are reasons why adultery is almost done by 60% of the people in the world now because most women work and are there with the men. Before women would almost all stay at home and men would work thus this problem was not as extensive.

2012/9/8 11:07Profile

ALL OF ISAIAH 61, NO PLURAL PASTORSHIP. AUTHORITY . YUOR FREE.

Firstly the Word says that a woman is to submit to her husband in the LORD...."And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them."....

You are not to submit to your husband in any type of sin, or manipulative uncleanness. You submit by faith, as unto the Lord, but you must not do so robotically. To do so, is to lose your faith in the domination of another.

Can any one say with a strait face that women are forbidden giftings by the Holy spirit? Can anyone say that their is neither male nor female in Christ, but God? NO!. Of course women can be gifted, as men are.

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE!

"What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. Neither male, nor female!

" On the next day we who were Paul’s companions departed and came to Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him.... "Now this man had four virgin daughters who prophesied."...??? Where did they prophesy? In meetings, like the one Paul went to.

ALL OF ISAIAH 61: NONE OF LOCAL , PLURAL PASTORSHIP.

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
.. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
... To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”

...And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.

THIS IS FOR ALL SAINTS; MALE ONES AND FEMALE ONES. YOU HAVE A MINISTRY.

Can a sister share her faith, and lead others to Christ? Of course, and should! to please her Master.

Can a sister heal the broken-hearted and proclaim liberty to those chained? Of course...IF they possess the Holy spirit, they are driven to!

Can they share their most sacred faith that Jesus is returning, and will bring wrath upon all rebels? Of course, and along with Jesus saves!

Can sisters console those that mourn? Yes!..as they are led to Jesus Himself? Of course!

Women are not allowed to rule in the local church, and must not rule over another man as far as doctrine goes, and church order and discipline. Women cannot become pastors, or the other word shepherds, or the other word, which ALL mean the exact same, Elders.

In this area they are forbidden to usurp, but in every other area, as those holy women who followed Jesus and ministered to him, or Paul, the great Apostle....who constantly honored the ministry of women.

NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE IN JESUS.

2012/9/8 19:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy