SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Toronto Blessing!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: The Toronto Blessing!

Quote:
So what was it that we had in d 90's that is absent today. I know what we experienced then was not a product of our effort. From d teachngs of Watchman Nee I understand that when a Christian breaks thru into a "blessing",other members of the Body too wil partake of it.

Could what we enjoyed have been a spill over of which movement. Who could have broken thru into d Heavenlies for d "blessings" for which we enjoyed in d Heart of Tropical Africa ? endlessjoe.

Brother Uzosike your search for the source of the blessings of your youth will certainly be found in the body of Christ. From your reference to Nee I assume that you don’t believe that this source was in Nigeria itself. Whilst it may well be that a particular brother or sister or else several may have been used by God to break open the heavens through prayer for revival in the 90’s in southern Nigeria my heart tells me that these things belong to the Lord. If there is no written or verbal tradition to inform you in Nigeria itself perhaps it is best left undiscovered. Your childhood testimony is really wonderful, but you are no longer that child. Is it not possible for the man to be the continuation of what God began in the child through seeking God Himself? I don’t know how much emphasis you are placing on Nee’s observation that blessings can begin with just one victorious and obedient saint, and applying that principle to revival, but I feel certain that Nee was really speaking about the local church. Revival in a local church may equal revival in the nation if it pleases God. Though no local church can direct God Himself. Your reference to the Sister, Cindy Jacobs appears to follow the same looking to something outside Nigeria.

David was moved to number Israel and so brought judgement on Israel. In the end he was also used by God to restrain the hand of God’s judgement. The Lord Bless you brother.

2012/9/7 10:28
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
By sayin "those who bark like dogs," I believe you've already taken a position Brother Sceptic and I kno further arguments would neither help you or d entire Body of Christ.

thank u, my friend, 4 your 2nd response. i wish to learn. i come to this website seeking to learn and with no agenda, although since the day i arrived here certain people have assumed i have an agenda.

the reason i used the phraseology of "those who bark like dogs" is becuz i have seen videos of church services where people were on their hands and kness barking like dogs. i am not eloquent of speech enuf to word it any other way other than the obvious. people laughing uncontrollably, things like that.

being kind of new to all of this i look at it, ponder it, get weirded out by it. i look for it in the bible. i dont see it. so i come and ask: how do we know its from god?

2012/9/7 10:36Profile
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Re:

Brother Uzosike,
"amrkelly" post was the exact reason I advised you leave your post up rather than remove it. I hope you read what he wtote and glean what the Lord has for you.
The Lord bless you.

2012/9/7 10:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Brother Uzosike,
"amrkelly" post was the exact reason I advised you leave your post up rather than remove it. I hope you read what he wtote and glean what the Lord has for you.
The Lord bless you.

we actually ask that all members do not remove posts after they have made them, this is in our minds an abuse of the "edit" feature which is there to make small corrections. We have had it in our minds to remove the edit feature from members for this reason that after some disagree with the initial post it is removed by the author.

Towards the subject matter of this thread being one who was raised in Toronto and attended the meetings twice I can verify that it is not of God. And if anyone was blessed in the meetings it was purely the grace of God in admidst of the falsities going on. Personally those who are in a pursuit of physical manifestations are not in pursuit of Christ. May God give us the true seeking after Christ Himself and putting our mind on things above not things of this earth.

THIS MESSAGE BY ART KATZ IS VERY IMPORTANT AND IS A MESSAGE ADDRESSING EXACTLY THE TORONTO BLESSING IN IT. PLEASE WATCH THIS:

The Love Of The Truth by Art Katz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhyjDdMWOE&feature=relmfu

another good message:

DVD 27 - A Critique Of The Prophetic Movement by Art Katz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loaN4RhU1rg&feature=plcp

2012/9/7 11:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
Towards the subject matter of this thread being one who was raised in Toronto and attended the meetings twice I can verify that it is not of God. And if anyone was blessed in the meetings it was purely the grace of God in admidst of the falsities going on. Personally those who are in a pursuit of physical manifestations are not in pursuit of Christ. May God give us the true seeking after Christ Himself and putting our mind on things above not things of this earth.

A hearty amen to all of this.

2012/9/7 11:57

Re:

Brother Greg writes..........

"Towards the subject matter of this thread being one who was raised in Toronto and attended the meetings twice I can verify that it is not of God. And if anyone was blessed in the meetings it was purely the grace of God in admidst of the falsities going on. Personally those who are in a pursuit of physical manifestations are not in pursuit of Christ. May God give us the true seeking after Christ Himself and putting our mind on things above not things of this earth."

Yes indeed brother, amen .........bro Frank

2012/9/7 12:56
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re:

Thanks Bro amrkelly for your kind observations and comments. Thanks to u and Bro SonsofLevi for addressing me by my Surname. That really drove ur message home.

Yes, I believe the blessings we experienced in Nigeria in d 90's was from distant shores. As it stands, it seems d actual source wil only be discovered on d other side of Eternity.

2012/9/8 0:00Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

Thanks Bro SonsofLevi for advicing me against deletin d thread.

Ihè Thread is becomin a blesing afterall.

2012/9/8 0:00Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

Thanks Bro amrkelly for your kind observations and comments. Thanks to u and Bro SonsofLevi for addressing me by my Surname. That really drove ur message home.

Yes, I believe the blessings we experienced in Nigeria in d 90's was from distant shores. As it stands, it seems d actual source wil only be discovered on d other side of Eternity.

2012/9/8 0:01Profile
brothagary

Re:

i would warn people about recieving spirts from any after glow from the toronto or as it was called fathers day blessings ,,one thing that always makes me cry and weep biterely is watching footage from toronto and pensacola

ironicly ,to my knowlage the spirit from the toronto so called blessings does come from africa it was brought over to usa ,by a south african evanglest named rodney howerd brown, it spread from him ,,from what i remeber of his own testamony ,,he blasphemed god to his face ,and was givern this spirit that he called the holy spirit

my understanding ,it is a demonic spirit ,that comes from the old black majic practisioers that is pandemic through out africa,,that is givern to the church in the west as purely a judgment from god upon those who would not recieve the truth ,but were teaching the godleness is a means to gain ,and upon those who were and are seeking a gain from god ,be it spirutal experance , fame and prestege,and money ,,,,beware of covetesness

it is being judge harshly by god in these last days

suducing sprits
and doctrines of demons ,,are the comon spirit in these last days ,,it will come upon the unrepentent heart ,in those who mascrade in christan garb ,

blessings

2012/9/8 1:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy