SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Toronto Blessing!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re:

Thanks Bro Frank. @Brother Elias, If my modified still has d ability to generate heated argument, let me be d 1st to know.

2012/9/7 1:47Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re: Toronto Blessings: Modified & Reloaded !

Brother endlessjoe, I noticed you are from Nigeria. This is off topic, but I am aware of the heavy persecution that has been happening there recently. I have heard there have been many churches bombed and raided. Have you experienced or witnessed this persecution? Are you anywhere near where these attacks have occurred?

2012/9/7 8:08Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

4give my ignorance, but was this the place where people were laughing and barking like dogs and that kind of stuff? i am not a bible scholar like a lot of u, but if this is the same thing i am thinkin of, i have 2 say i have not yet come across anything like that in the bible. why do people think that is it biblical if its not in the bible. would not that make it extrabiblical, outside the bible? if so would not that be unbiblical? i dont mean to over simplify the matter but i also dont think most matters are that difficult to understand.

2012/9/7 8:46Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

Brother Skeptic, I beg u under God not to drag us down that path. Having read my DISCLAIMER and seen d diffulty I have with this Thread, I dont expect anyone who loves d Lord and the Church to drag us into those "silly" arguments which genders strife.

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes." (2 Timothy 2:23).

"He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings," (1 Timothy 6:4).

I promise you I'll go out of my way to protect this Thread from descending into another heated argument.

All I need is someone who has an idea as to d source of d "wave" which flowed through the Body in d 90's & trickled down to us in d Tropics.

If we cannot behave ourselves in d Spirit of Love, am afraid we'll have to discontinue this Thread.

2012/9/7 9:08Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by SkepticGuy on 2012/9/7 2:46:49

4give my ignorance, but was this the place where people were laughing and barking like dogs and that kind of stuff? i am not a bible scholar like a lot of u, but if this is the same thing i am thinkin of, i have 2 say i have not yet come across anything like that in the bible. why do people think that is it biblical if its not in the bible. would not that make it extrabiblical, outside the bible? if so would not that be unbiblical? i dont mean to over simplify the matter but i also dont think most matters are that difficult to understand.

If you look up Toronto blessing through the search here on SI I am sure you will find some posts on it.
I do not know a lot about it. I know in my area there were some people who were getting carried away with the idea of being "drunk in the spirit" and yes they did behave rather strangely at the time but not to the extent that I have heard some went through.

I think this topic has been one that can bring up difficult and in some cases painful memories for people so that maybe why there is caution in discussing this topic. I know on a personal level there were some hurts that needed healing from that time but GOD is faithful and through HIS love all things are possible :)

God bless
maryjane

2012/9/7 9:17Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

what r u talking about, endlessjoe? i simply made an observation that sum of this stuff i am not finding in the bible. why would you attack me over that? if u r convinced that this stuff that goes on is biblical then please share with me, dont attack me. i'm trying to learn and understand.

this website is crazy sumtimes. many times christians think they are being persecuted by the world for their beliefs. no, sumtimes christians r persecuted becuz of how they act toward those who r only curious and ask questions.

again, i ask, if barking like a dog is of god then why in my short time of reading the bible have i not run across anything like it in the bible? its possible i may have missed it, and if so, please show me.

2012/9/7 9:19Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

maryjane, the kind voice of reason. :-)

2012/9/7 9:22Profile
endlessjoe

Re: Persecution in Northern Nigeria !

The news of the persecution in Nigeria is true Bro Anamosa. But its happening in the Muslim dominated north of Nigeria.

Am in d Christian dominated South. The Islamic extremist group Boko Haram wants all Christians to leave d North.

Open Air crusades, Night vigils, and even elaborate weddings have almost died a natural death. On more than occasion, d militants walked into a wedding and shot dead d groom.

Many are now scared to go for Church services, since on several occasions, they've bombed Churches during services and shot dead those who were escaping on foot.

The only thing that can save the situation at d moment is a major outbreak of Revival or Christianity wil face extinction in Northern Nigeria.

There is hope in d horizon however. Before terrorism became a security threat in Nigeria, during a Prayer meeting in Quatemala South America 1995, an American Sister, Cindy Jacobs prophesied that a Revival wil break out in Nigerian Campuses and sweep through d country and in d end Nigerian streets wil become d safest in d World.

2012/9/7 9:41Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

Am sorry Dear Brother Sceptic for reacting that way. What I dread is to be seen as having created a platform for another heated argument.

It will break my heart if in my simplicity, I'd unwittingly drag our brethren into an unproductive argument.

By sayin "those who bark like dogs," I believe you've already taken a position Brother Sceptic and I kno further arguments would neither help you or d entire Body of Christ.

My piece of advice to you Brother Sceptic is to make sure you dont bark " like a dog" no matter what happens, even if d Heavens were crumbling down, since u & I have not seen it in d Bible.

2012/9/7 9:56Profile

Re:

Quote:

You are correct. Paul warned against this.

1 Corinthians 4:6

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn NOT TO EXCEED WHAT IS WRITTEN, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.

The only time we see anyone with the mind of a beast is in the form of a judgement in the book of Daniel.

Though like it's been stated, this thread will boil down basically into two camps. Those who, like yourself, cannot find any Scriptural basis for any of these things, and those with an "experience".

Quote:
There is hope in d horizon however. Before terrorism became a security threat in Nigeria, during a Prayer meeting in Quatemala South America 1995, an American Sister, Cindy Jacobs prophesied that a Revival wil break out in Nigerian Campuses and sweep through d country and in d end Nigerian streets wil become d safest in d World.

I wouldn't put too much/any stock in the words of a false prophet(ess). AT BEST it will lead to disappointment and disillusionment.

2012/9/7 9:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy