Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : my favorite verse

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SkepticGuy

my favorite verse

i thought i would share my new favorite verse. i read this this morning and it stood right out at me. this is christianity at its greatest.

Matthew 5:7 “You’re blessed when you care. At the moment of being ‘care-full,’ you find yourselves cared for.

(the message bible)

2012/9/6 14:10Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re: my favorite verse

Good verse. Though in most other translations the word is "mercy" which i believe has more powerful connotations.

Oh and my favorite verse(s) is matthew 11:28-30

2012/9/6 14:17Profile
MaryJane

Re: my favorite verse

Greetings S.G.

May I ask what stood out to you as you read this verse?

Here is one of my favorite verse(probably my very favorite:)

As it is said, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” Hebrews 3:15

I love this verse so much because for so long I struggled with hard, unforgiving heart. I love the thought if I will just slow down, stop and listen for HIS voice then I know my heart will remain soft unto HIM. It will not be hardened as it was when I was living in sinful rebellion to HIM.

Thanks so much for sharing your verse with us.

God bless
maryjane

2012/9/6 14:29Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

to answer your question i think what it was was the idea that when we concentrate on others and care for others our own needs seem to pale in comparison. also it is then that our cares and needs are met while we may not even realize it becuz we are busy caring for others.

2012/9/6 14:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy