Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : DNC platform ommits "God"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
elias7291

Los Angeles

DNC platform ommits "God"

Sad to announce this.

from the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/democratic-platform-god_n_1856218.html?1346807788&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D201071

2012/9/4 22:55Profile
MaryJane

Re: DNC platform ommits "God"

by elias7291 on 2012/9/4 16:55:49

Sad to announce this.

from the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/democratic-platform-god_n_1856218.html?1346807788&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D201071

If I may I would like to pray for the lost.

FATHER I just come before YOU now and I pray for these people. LORD as a country, as a people many are lost and deceived, they do not see through the darkness that they are slaves to. LORD I pray that YOU would open their hearts, shine the light of YOUR truth on them that they might see their sin, that they would cry out to YOU and repent. LORD there is so much sin in our country and we are sick with it, evil seems to surround us but we are not to give up or give in. As long as we have breath in us LORD help us to pray. Give us strength to stand before YOU day and night in prayer for those who are lost in their sins. As the world screams and rages against YOUR HOLY NAME let us be the light that shines in that darkness proclaiming YOUR SON JESUS to all who would hear. LORD I pray for these men and women that they would see in this moment how desperately they need YOU because LORD YOU are deserving of YOUR reward. YOU suffered and died so that they too might have life and not be lost to the fires of hell. LORD I pray this in JESUS name...AMEN!!

2012/9/4 23:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

They are being so inclusive it seems that "all faiths" are open to consideration including evolutionist, atheists and homosexuals. So in their world-view it seems they look towards the belief of a atheist the same as a christian as a religion of their choosing.

Many americans are choosing this way of materialism, pleasure and the idology of self.

2012/9/5 0:07Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

It's also an issue with the RNC. At Least I was thinking about it this way that since the republican party aligns itself more with traditional Judeo Christian thought, it seems very hard pressed to believe that they have chosen a Mormon as their candidate. It seems that the RNC is heading in the same direction, though I think it will be awhile. It gradually will get there.
Yet another sign that the end is near.

Thanks be to God that we depend on Him and Him alone. We should continue to pray for our leaders and trust God that everything is in His control.

2012/9/5 0:20Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

While they omit God from their stage they will quote scripture and use it for political purposes. Does the RNC do the same thing while using the word God? Just something to think about.

I watched some of the DNC, last night, without commentators involved. What I noticed is the crowd is more enthusiastic than the RNC and the speakers are more charismatic than the RNC thus getting the big time applause. I find alot of it stemming around the emotions in order to get folks fired up and inspired to vote and promote (for Obama)

2012/9/5 11:39Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

Deadn,

The RNC doesn't do it very often. but they do occasionally. The Republican party is the party that appeals more to evangelicals because of the party's stance on social issues and making God a priority on the platform..

Ha! last night at the DNC one of the convention speakers grossly misquoted Jesus in order to attack Mitt Romney. and then at the end like all convention speakers proclaimed blessing from god for the nation. Which is understandable.

The Democratic party is known as the party of the middle class. Much of the heroism that its leaders are afforded has to do with the fact that democrats have long been the party that has established many of the social services that all citizens can benefit from including social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. This is why you have more charismatic figures from the democratic party and more people emotional because they are seen as idols to emulate. Their service to the average person.

2012/9/5 12:29Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"They are being so inclusive it seems that "all faiths" are open to consideration including evolutionist, atheists and homosexuals. So in their world-view it seems they look towards the belief of a atheist the same as a christian as a religion of their choosing."

This is the way of the true liberal, Obama, and the Democratic Party. They are not going to object to you being a Christian as long as you accept abortion, same sex marraige, and the don't allow prayer in any government activities, and especially in the schools. They don't want Chaplains in the military praying in the name of Jesus. The Democratic Party reminds me a lot of New Agers that want us all to come together in this false unity and love, and will label any bible believeing Christian as being intolerant and unloving. The sad thing is that about half of the American population is in agreement with them.

I don't go to the movie theater very often, but recently I went to see the documentary about Obama. "Obama's America 2016". This movie examines the life of Obama, his upbringing, and many of his mentors, and those that influenced his life including many radicals that were Communists. To say that Obama has a different worldview of most Americans is to say the least about the subject.

Mike

2012/9/5 13:26Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Today, the DNC reversed course and reverted back to the previous language that included reference to God and affirmation of Israel with Jerusalem as the capital.

However, it was contentious and the chair was booed during the process. A 2/3 majority was supposed to be achieved to change the rule back and it didn't happen, but the chair decided that he had the majority anyway.

http://tinyurl.com/dncvote

2012/9/5 18:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy