SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : AN AMAZING PRAYER BY A W TOZER

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
vivmeeraj

AN AMAZING PRAYER BY A W TOZER

Lord Jesus, I come to thee for spiritual preparation. Lay thy hand upon me. Anoint me with the oil of the New Testament prophet. Forbid that I should become a religious scribe and thus lose my prophetic calling. Save me from the curse that lies across the face of the modern clergy, the curse of compromise, of imitation of professionalism. Save me from the error of judging a church by its size, its popularity, or the amount of its yearly offerings.

Help me to remember that I am a prophet (Gods servant) not a promoter, not a religious manager, but a prophet. Let me never become a slave to crowds. Heal my soul of carnal ambitions and deliver me from the itch for publicity. Save me from bondage to things. I accept hard work and small regards in this life’s ask for no easy place. Teach me to use whatever I receive in such manner that it will not injure my soul or diminish my spiritual power.

Although I am chosen of thee and honored by a high and holy calling let me never forget that I am but a man of dust and ashes a man with all the natural faults and passions that plague the race of men. I pray thee therefore my Lord and redeemer save me from myself and from all the injuries I may do myself while trying to be a blessing to others.

Then dear Lord when I am old and weary and too tired to go on, have a place ready for me above and make me to be numbered with thy saints in glory everlasting. Amen

2012/9/4 3:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy