SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Geneology in 1 Chronicles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EvangelTam

Geneology in 1 Chronicles

Hi I was reading the geneology for 1 Chronicles and found it a bit confusing, for example in 1 Chron 4

The descendants of Judah:
Perez, Hezron, Karmi, Hur and Shobal.
2 Reaiah son of Shobal was the father of Jahath, and Jahath the father of Ahumai and Lahad. These were the clans of the Zorathites.
3 These were the sons[a] of Etam:
Jezreel, Ishma and Idbash. Their sister was named Hazzelelponi. 4 Penuel was the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah.
These were the descendants of Hur, the firstborn of Ephrathah and father[b] of Bethlehem.

5 Ashhur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
6 Naarah bore him Ahuzzam, Hepher, Temeni and Haahashtari. These were the descendants of Naarah.
7 The sons of Helah:
Zereth, Zohar, Ethnan, 8 and Koz, who was the father of Anub and Hazzobebah and of the clans of Aharhel son of Harum.
9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez,[c] saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” 10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

They dont seem to add up and random names come up from nowhere that seem to have no relation to the provious e.g. Etam and Jabez....

could someone help explain it please?

thanks
Evangel

2012/9/3 15:45Profile
proudpapa

Re: Geneology in 1 Chronicles

Hi Evangel,

I think an interesting question that we all should ask ourselves is why Did God in His infinite Wisdom and absolute sovereignty choose to inspire and preserve for our day these geneologies??

What purpose do they serve us today??

and why does it seem that often times comparing the different accounts lets say kings and chronicles it often seems that their is a contridiction??

2012/9/3 22:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy