Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sinning in thought

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

You are very welcome! As fellow soldiers in the battle we always want to help another soldier to win!

Here is a link to another webpage that might be helpful:

http://www.actsion.com/dogdove.htm

It is a long parable about the dove and the dog, comparing them to the struggle between the natures, and which one we allow to win.

If there is ANYTHING that you can stop looking at or listening to that will help kill the old thought patterns we have to do all that we can do, and God will do the rest. The more time you spend with God's Word, and the less time you spend with any kind of "entertainment" of this world, the quicker you will send that hoard of evil thoughts away!

I know that Jesus-Is-God is one that will be praying for you, and I will too, and I am sure that many others on this forum will be praying for you. We know all too well how it is to fight and by the grace of God to win against such fiery darts of the enemy, and we want to help all that we can.

And those prayers that we are praying for people that we don't even know here on this forum are precious to our Father. They are NEVER in vain! They are stored in a special place by His throne:

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

2012/9/2 16:34Profile
lindi1208

Re:

Brother Paul

I would really love to read your book! I have read a few excepts posted on threads in here in the past and found them very edifying! I will email you my details! I really do appreciate your insight into spiritual warfare!

Lorddoitagain and Learn you mentioned a valid point about removing all sources of entertainment that may trigger and give room for the enemy to gain a foothold! This has been so strong in my heart! My home environment is not ideal and there has been defilement brought in to our home! I can not go into great detail but a few precious sisters know what is happening and are praying for me.

I have certain amount of control over what is viewed on the TV but there is something else that I have no control over! My spouse is still unsaved and our values and beliefs are so different! I want to keep my home pure but my spouse does not want to or understand why we need to get rid of the TV and indeed he can not for the things of Spirit are foolishness to the natural man! Aside from the TV there is something else that is defiling my home. For the sake of not stumbling others I can not be specific but it is something many men struggle with! So yes my home is not pure and I am praying to God for a solution!

When I an home I spend most of the day listening to praise and worship,sermons and audio bible! But despite this the enemy still throws his fiery darts! But I will believe and trust that the Lord will make a way of escape for me! Glory be to God

I earnestly covet your prayers and I thank all the saints who are already praying for me!

Blessings in Him

2012/9/2 17:21Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

Blessings to you, sister

There is something that has helped me many times with tempting and unclean thoughts (besides reminding myself that the thought alone is not sin yet): I immediately start thanking the Holy Sprit for convicting me and bringing to my attention that my thought is displeasing to God. This often leads to more praise for everything the Saviour has done for me and does not only distract from the original thought but leaves me in a state of humble thankfulness rather than hanging my head over having disappointed my Lord - again!

I understand what you are saying about your home, my heart goes out to you. I want to encourage you to remember that we are sanctified in Him even if the uncleanness of this world comes right up to our skin and no one can snatch us out of His mighty hand. You can learn to lean on Jesus in such a way that you find an inner sanctuary to which you can retreat and be safe.

1 Peter 3:1-2
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

2012/9/2 19:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
I want to encourage you to remember that we are sanctified in Him even if the uncleanness of this world comes right up to our skin and no one can snatch us out of His mighty hand. You can learn to lean on Jesus in such a way that you find an inner sanctuary to which you can retreat and be safe.

This is a beautiful post and very true. It can drive us to press into Him all the more than those that have idealic lives at home.

The problem I find in some troubled homes, is when there are children in the home as well. That's when double duty prayer is required for the spouse and the children, from The Body of Christ.

Sometimes, an unsaved couple get married and one gets saved and the other doesn't. Or sometimes two get married and one wasn't truly saved and the spouse finds out after yrs of marriage that that was the case.

I believe that this scenario will increase as Jesus spoke of the falling away.
If our strength comes soley from Him and our determination is to make it 'faithful unto the end', even if we have to be the only one in the household that does so - then I believe that GOD pours out extra grace for that lonely Saint. According to the amount of persecution - whether it's obvious persecution or the invisible attacks of the enemy, which is also considered as persecution - it still all falls into the category of Romans 8:28 for 29.

I believe and happen to know of many Godly men that were called to ministry, that married someone that put them through the tests of all tests. Unbelievable testings from wives that only nightmares are made from. Unbelievable trials that these men indured. One was a room-mate of David Wilkerson in Springfield.

The same goes for some women that I know. Incredulously horrid conditions that drove them only more to hanging on to Christ for their very lives and came out stronger than ever they thought possible.

But again - these people need the prayers of the Saints. Truly - just as much as the Persecuted Church in foreign lands do.
And special prayers over their children that are exposed to everything that's brought into the home. The one saved parent can't be everywhere at once - and we need to pray for them and their children, for Angels to camp round about them with the Holy Spirit witnessing to them daily that HE is an Ever Present Help in The Time of Trouble. Amen.

Saints, let's please pray for those in mixed marriages and for their children still living with them.

2012/9/2 19:46
lindi1208

Re:

Amen Solaveritas! Your words are so encouraging and yes 1Peter 3 is always in the forefront of my mind so that when I want to express my displeasure I am convicted to be quiet!

Sis Ann! You wrote "If our strength comes soley from Him and our determination is to make it 'faithful unto the end', even if we have to be the only one in the household that does so - then I believe that GOD pours out extra grace for that lonely Saint. According to the amount of persecution - whether it's obvious persecution or the invisible attacks of the enemy, which is also considered as persecution - it still all falls into the category of Romans 8:28 for 29."

Amen sis! I am learning to cling onto the cross and how much I need His grace to face each day! We do need to pray for our children earnestly and pray for their protection and healing! Some saints are blessed to be equally yoked with their spouse so hence are able to maintain purity and a godly environment in their homes, but not all saints are able to do so!

You also quoted Solaveritas about believing and trusting God for cleansing and purification! That is very true indeed I just need constant reminding that's all! It's so easy to feel unclean but our faith is not based on feelings but rather in the truth of the Word! : )

Blessings and much love in Him : )

2012/9/3 6:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy