SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : what should we do with Bhindi?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

what should we do with Bhindi?

Here is one more doubt? in regarding to keep "BHINDI" we knew that nothing is there in that it is just a decoration,but people may follow it has tradition. But as we believers we can keep it or not? If husband is an unbeliever and Hindu normal he forces to keep so generally my Aunt put bhindi for his sake. But some believers said her that it should not put or follow to put after becoming a believer it is wrong,after salvation and also baptism we must not.It is just those who did got salvation they will only put............such type.

2012/9/1 7:41
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: what should we do with Bhindi?

Hello Sowbas07....Welcome to SermonIndex.

Most of us are probably not familiar with bhindi, so perhaps you could explain it's use to us.

I looked it up and found it to be okra...is that correct?

If that is correct, is it used as part of the Hindu religion?

It sounds like your question has to do with whether it's OK to use it in your meals after you become a Christian.

If you live with non-Christian and Christian family members, your question may be a hard one to answer.

Are they forcing you to use it because they are still Hindu?

Maybe this idea will help:

If you feel in your heart and conscience that you are free to use it (because it is only food after all)....then go ahead and use it.

If you think that using it would hurt other Christians who are struggling with if they should use it or not, then perhaps you should not use it.

Perhaps emailing Zac Poonan (from India) would help you know what to do.

Anybody else on this forum have comments that might be helpful?

Blessings on you Sowbas07 and we will pray God will help you know what to do !!!

2012/9/1 21:16Profile
LUVRULZZ

Re: what should we do with Bhindi?

Dear Sowbas07

I'm an Indian.
In our tradition almost every women has a bhindi.There is no particular rule of such, that one should take it off.

My mother still wears a bhindi after getting saved and baptized in water and the Holy Spirit. She wears the bhindi as a part of her dressing(like one would wear bangles, ear rings or so..)

God doesn't have any problem.
I would advise you to read the bible and listen to God in your conscience. Check whether peoples voices are condemning you or is it God who is convicting you.
Most cases its peoples voice and advice that steal away our peace.
Remember always to follow what you read in scriptures(bible) and as your desire is to please God, the Holy Ghost will convict you of anything that displeases God.

2012/9/2 0:37Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Hi Luvrulzz...

Thnx for responding to the poster.

Can you or poster explain what the bhindi actually is....and what it is all about?

Does it have to do with the Hindu religion somehow?

Probably most of us are in the dark.....thnx

2012/9/2 1:02Profile
LUVRULZZ

Re:

Hi dottiejean

bhindi is something women in India put on their foreheads...

The hindu tradition also has its devotees putting various kinds of symbols on their forehead.

So actually speaking there is that religious bhindi and the stylish ones which younger and older women wear as a part of their dressing.

Scrutinizing its origins people say it all began in the Hindu custom and after idol worship people(Male and female) put some powder as a bhindi on the forehead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindi_(decoration)

In the hindu culture.. If a women doesn't wear a bhindi it signifies that her husband is dead and that she is a widow..

But the rest of the women wear it as a part of their dressing..

Unless u'ved lived in India you won't really understand the different uses of bhindi for different varied culture of people.

2012/9/3 10:22Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Hi L.Rulzz,

Thnx so much for explaining it to me and others who read this.

I can see where it would be a struggle for Christians from India to know what to do.

I would probably consider not wearing it if I was in that situation....but I know each Ch'tn has to seek God about it.

Thnx and blessings on you and yours....dj

2012/9/3 10:51Profile
LUVRULZZ

Re:

Hi dottiejean

If i were a woman, even i wouldn't wear a bhindi...

But many Indians who are poor and illiterate, can't read or write .. but follow Jesus in their own ways..

It all depends on who has the witness and the conviction in their spirit.

2012/9/5 2:48Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Yes, I believe God has compassion on His kids who are unable to read/write/study the Scriptures for themselves.

I pray for this poster who is struggling with this issue of bhindi...I am very sure it is not easy to know what to do sometimes.

Funny/strange/sad how many Ch'tns here in N. America don't even worry anymore about things like this. We just do whatever we WANT to do without even giving God a chance to talk to us about things. I think a lot of this brings heartache to the Lord.

Believe this or not:

I was once threatened by a fellow Ch'tn/church leader who said he would personally have me removed from his property if I ever mentioned the words Repentance and Godliness ever again. I don't "preach" at fellow-Ch'tns. But if the Lord nudges me to say a little something in a gracious and loving manner...to awaken someone....then I will say it. But I always use the pronoun "we" meaning the church-at-large....and not the pronoun "you" which would put a person on the defensive, of course. When it was time for all of us to leave his house, I went out to my car and felt like bursting into tears. Then I decided not to cry at all. I had stood up for what I believe and said it tactfully and in a loving manner. And I believe God was pleased with me that I cared enough to say something even if it meant a little abuse along the way. It was nothing compared to what Ch'tns in other parts of the world have to deal with.

Blessings.....dj

2012/9/5 11:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy