SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians Do Not Quarrel About Religion ~ Jacob Boehme

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

That's fine with me Sis Star, because I'm not a man and not into female authority. :)

But it does sort of throw a towel on the 5 callings that He's blessed the Church with and their service to His Body.
"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" [Eph 4:12-14]

With His Love,
a Sister

2012/9/1 19:36

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD seems to have plenty of Scripture to back up what she's saying (and I agree that her words are being misread).

It's funny though how those that seem disagree with her assertions do it from "revelations in their own walk with God".

Oh well.

2 Timothy 4:14-16

Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds. Be on guard against him yourself, for he vigorously opposed our teaching. At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them.

Paul was also deserted by his brothers when he stood up for sound doctrine. Sometimes I have to laugh at my own foolishness when I think I or any other Christian who does likewise will get it any better.

2012/9/1 23:15
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I agree with your words Grant, & I also do appreciate the honesty of the other members.
Sometimes, myself, I've found it interesting how God's body is made up of different parts - the prophet, the teacher, etc.
I remember Zac Poonen being asked (how he said), someone in his congregation asked him if he thought he should go to a Benny Hinn convention. He said, "sure, go a head, but I won't be going." NoW, I respect that of Mr Poonen; but, I also respect the man who "in the Spirit of God" will thunder out judgments against false techers.
That's where I'm at these days.

2012/9/2 1:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
I also respect the man who "in the Spirit of God" will thunder out judgments against false techers. That's where I'm at these days.

You're in a good place, bro. Not many have the guts to stand with such men these days.

Edited for clarity.

2012/9/2 2:06
learn

Re:

[by Yeshuasboy
I remember Zac Poonen being asked (how he said), someone in his congregation asked him if he thought he should go to a Benny Hinn convention. He said, "sure, go a head, but I won't be going." NoW, I respect that of Mr Poonen; but, I also respect the man who "in the Spirit of God" will thunder out judgments against false techers. That's where I'm at these days.]

I'm sorry but I'm speechless that Mr Poonen would tell the other person to go ahead and attend Benny Hinn convention intead of warning him.

Common sense dictates that when you see your child go down the wrong path (Benny Hinn is a false pastor), you will prevent him/her from doing so. THe most basic discernment only is needed for such things.

I cannot imagine people like Paul Washer or Tim Conway or Leonard Ravenhill or John MacArthur agreeing to such things.

ETA: If this is how my pastor would behave if I ask for advise, I would think twice of attending his church unless I'm specifically told by God to stay there.

Even from my own personal experience, God has ever pulled me out of this type of scenario before (and the only reason I thought I should stay there was out of compassion to those that were seeking help there and I thought I had enough 'knowledge/safety' as I was then following people like Paul Washer).

2012/9/2 2:22Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Dear learn, I don't think that I should hold that against Mr Poonen (not that you asked that I do so).
I appreciate your comment.
Here's why I think that - God gives different gifts to His children. The Scriptures say, that "His sheep hear His voice, & they follow me (The Christ).
Now, there was, I'm sure, more to the conversation than what I wrote, or what even Mr Poonen stated in his message. I don't think we should hold that against Mr Poonen though.
Now, I heard this message from Zac hear on S.I. I can't recall, however, what the message was titled. Perhaps, someone else here knows. I heard it some months back, maybe even a year ago.
There is a time for everything under the sun.
I think the body of Christ should hold up all God's ministers in prayer. Some ministers of the Truth, only teach Christ, & Him crucified; others on Christ, & false teachers & doctrines...I don't think we should prize one more above the other, although at times we may be more refreshed by one more than another, according to our state of grace.
I hope what I said helps clarify a bit more.
I think if teachers, prophets, prayer warriors, elders, & bishops worked more together for the glory of God, it would do the Body more good.

2012/9/2 2:52Profile
learn

Re:

I'm sorry Yeshuaboy. I just do not agree with you. This is protecting the flock. It has nothing to do with the gifts. Ignoring to mention that Benny Hinn is a false teacher and why it is so when specifically asked for advise on whether to attend, just shocks me. Ultimately, it is up to the person whether to attend--but to not warn or give the reasons why he should be careful, is just plain wrong and unscriptural.

Now, as you mention, there may be more to the conversation. I really hope this is so. But if just base on what you said, then I don't agree with you at all.

Some here have been so adamant on warning against Catholics, Mormons, Todd Bentley etc. Would they then keep silent on Benny Hinn. So why the difference. Is Benny Hinn real compared to the TOdd Bentley, Catholics etc. If one chooses to say against Catholics for example, then why agree on Benny Hinn. What about Joseph Prince then. I've ever attended his services way before he became famous, when he was still renting part of a building to conduct his services and way before I was saved--and yet I can tell you something--I did not like the emphasis on riches etc--even for an unsaved person that had so little to none of bible knowledge, I could tell that it was not right. So if somebody were to ask me now for advise, should my answer be 'you can go ahead but I won't, knowing full well that Joseph Prince is false--have I done right in God's eye.

As you mentioned, some people are called to teach Christ, some are called to warn against false teachers etc--I have no problem--but bear in mind this case--this is somebody coming up to him personally for advise. Its not a Sunday sermon given to the crowd.

I can accept Paul West and Jesus-is-God's viewpoints but if Mr Poonen just said that you can go ahead and attend but I won't without more 'clarification'/warnings, then to me that's just plain wrong. I suspect there may be more than that as you yourself clearly mentioned that there may be more to the conversation. Thus, maybe its best that we seek clarification on this matter with him instead of 'smearing his name' without knowing the full situation. If we cannot/are not willing to find out the full situation, maybe its best to stop discussing this matter.

ETA: 1 thing I will say as someone who needs more spiritually matured Christians to guide me---it will be hard for me to seek advise from those who have no problem in keeping 'mum' on a specific thing/person (although they know that the person teaches false stuff) when I personally ask them. How do you expect me to trust this person then when I need advise, knowing they will just not warn me of the dangers which I will/may fall into.

That is 1 reason why I love Jesus-is-God. Her willingness to stick her neck out to help others at the expense of herself.

2012/9/2 5:01Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

That's why I am taking this carefully, lol.
I'm not smearing his name, if that statement was directed towards me friend. But, I do know how easy it is to get going down a path of lamb-bashing myself.
I don't have time to go through all the Zac Poonen messages here, but perhaps a moderator or two here could find it easily?
Maybe even Mr Poonen has a man in his congregation that is gifted in discernment from heaven, & therefore he leaves those matters to him?
The fact is, there are many things that go on in his ministry that I don't know about. And, the other fact is, I know what I heard - and I heard it on a message here on this website (a Zac Poonen message).
Now, if a man or woman has the gift of discerment more than another, the one with the gift shouldn't look down on the other that doesn't have it.
Let us be clothed in all humility, esteeming others better than ourselves. If a brother makes a mistake, let us pray for him, and go about it the way of Christ would have us.
The Father gives good gifts to His children to those that ask.
Thank you for your comment.

2012/9/2 5:18Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Here's a beautiful exhortation that I would do well to live by myself consistently and steadfastly:
"And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Now, we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient with all men.
See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men." - 1Thess 5:12 - 15

2012/9/2 5:34Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

The original post is about how Christians treat one another, not how we deal with false teachers. Boehme himself wrote countless phillipics against "Babel" and its "hireling shepherds." Denouncing enemies of the gospel like Alexander the Coppersmith and Benny Hinn is one thing; but on this forum we have seen Christians fight to the death over Calvin vs. Arminius, and consign one another to hell over eternal sonship vs. imputed sonship, etc. There is a difference between exposing error and brawling in defense of a pet doctrine.

The world being the way it is, it is often necessary to refute error. But Boehme is talking about an attitude of the heart. Some people just enjoy fighting about religion, especially when internet anonymity prevents them from suffering social consequences for loutish behavior. And we can become so obsessed with correcting the doctrinal opinionation of others that we forget to keep our own spiritual house in order.

2012/9/2 7:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy