SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine :  to hold any one guilty of sin for not doing what he could not do, belongs to the height of iniquity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: to hold any one guilty of sin for not doing what he could not do, belongs to the

Quote:
andrew ,i feel some times i would like to copy what you have writting here in sermon index and put it in a book ,,,,have you by the grace of god ever concidred writing a book Brother Gary.

You may be surprised to know Gary that I have never preached in a church, nor have I taught in any context whatsoever, nor have I written anything other than a few letters to certain brethren privately. The posts made here on SI represent the only writing in any public sphere. You appear to have a high opinion of me Gary so you ask or believe that what I have shared here on SI must somehow come from many nights of prayer and fasting. This is not true however, though I do understand why you would be gracious to think it. I did once in the mid 80’s undertake the writing of a book called “A Question of Salvation”. After 5 years work I shelved it in the realisation that it was a mere vanity. I do not fear men. God I do fear and am well cognisant that what we write or say is a matter to be judged. I also always write with a purpose, what some here on SI term an agenda. Inteligence is dispised and truth is become a milking cloth soaking up everything, which in the end stinks.

2012/9/5 7:15
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

Amen! Thank you for sharing these srciptures.

2012/9/5 22:46Profile

Re: to hold any one guilty of sin for not doing what he could not do, belongs to the

I used to be extremely interested in this subject and spent many years debating it but now I do not even consider this topic a real issue at all.

Let us look at a few things that God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us.

We have been reconciled to God.

Romans 5:10, "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

2 Cor. 5:19, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

We are now a new creation in Christ.

2 Cor. 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

We are IN Christ

1 Cor. 1:30, "But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:"

"It is because of Him that you are in union with Christ Jesus, who for us has become wisdom from God, as well as our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption." (ISV)

We have been crucified, buried and raised through Him. Our old nature is completely dead. We are freed from sin.

Romans 6:1-23

All of our sins have been totally removed.

Col. 2:12-14, "Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross."

Heb. 8:12, "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."

WE are Complete in Him.

Col 2:10, "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

We are Righteous.

2 Cor. 5:21, "For He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."

We are Holy.

1 Cor. 6:19, "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

God has given us EVERYTHING we need. Nothing is lacking.

2 Peter 1:2-4, "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

Now I could go on and on concerning all what God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us but this should be enough to get you to at least consider these divine facts.

Under the New Covenant, God has already totally dwelt with the sin issue once and for all. He has also totally dwelt with the sinful nature. It is dead and buried. We now have Christ Himself living within us. We now have a new clean heart and a new spirit.

So now the only and real issue is, do we through repentance and faith become a real and active participant in what God has already accomplished for us and in us?

No one can ever change these divine facts but if we do not embrace daily what God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us, we will never experience the reality of living by Christ's Life within us.

*edit spelling

2012/9/6 9:37

Quote:
I used to be extremely interested in this subject and spent many years debating it but now I do not even consider this topic a real issue at all. tuc.

Your list of the Lord’s accomplishments is edifying and good to read. It must be true as well that to simply debate a subject which is in any case dealt with through the true knowledge of God and Christ, is futile if we have that knowledge ourselves. Below is a repeat of an element of what was posted earlier in this thread. I have expanded it a little to make sense of why there is a real issue to be considered, though anyone of us who love the Lord could be delivered from all foolishness in an instant if it pleased God to do so, I have met very few believers over the years who have been dealt with in this way. It seems to me that God Himself has ordered things according to His own purposes and at the heart of this lies an issue of accountability before God when all men, including all believers will have to give an account to Christ. As far as I am able to understand this, the only people who will not be judged in the future are they that have judged themselves now. They are the faithful and the few who are able to stand before Christ at His coming and receive the words “well done My good and faithful servant”. Any one of us could be in that number if we are called of God, yet only those who themselves have chosen to deny themselves and like Christ Himself, take their cross, will be able to follow after the Lord, and will thereby be found faithful as He was faithful through obedience.

Quote:

Why draw into these things in this way? Why not just simply answer a question concerning wickedness and vanity with an affirmation of goodness, of God and Christ? The reason is because of the times in which we live, when all of Satan’s efforts to deceive man, as well as to utilise man’s discontent with God, will come to a fulfilment. Without men Satan would be incapable of doing anything beyond him self and a number of angels which followed him in rebellion in former times. He is already judged in his body as well as having his ambitions brought to nothing. The Lord overcame him through the cross and his end is certain.

He is called “the Prince of the Power of the Air” not the “Prince of the Air”. It is the power of the air and not the air itself. The air belongs to God, but the power over it is given to principalities who themselves must give an account. On the other hand he is also called “the god of this world” or the “ruler of this world”. The heavens and the earth belong to God, but the world is Satan’s dominion. Unless we get this we will have no real understanding to base our warfare on. Neither will we be able to resist contending with men on matters which in truth belong to God. Yet contend some must according to God’s calling, both men and angels because of the rebellion of men not the rebellion of Satan who is already defeated and laid waste by the work of the Cross. When men are drawn away from trusting in God they too look to their own bodies and minds to find the answers to their own condition and discontent. Philosophy by what ever measure will always lead men astray. This is why it is written that God has chosen not the wise of this world but the foolish in order to put those who are wise to foolishness. Yet the gospel of grace has itself been philosophised even by those who are soundly saved. It is the subtly of the wicked one that where he is able he will use this schism of reliance upon the flesh by men, not angels, which all of us can fall into and thereby many do not believe even in the grace of God as a sufficiency for walking. So that on the one hand many saints become individualistic and lawless resulting in Christ Himself being impugned amongst unbelievers.

The need for discernment is never greater pressed upon us than it is today. Unless we learn to deny our selves, a thing which we cannot do of ourselves, we will risk being a part of the problem of rebellion against God even though we will be certain because we love God and Christ that we could not be so inclined. Yet the same malady of discontent is evident today amongst those who are called and chosen as it has been in every day when saints do not take up their cross. The cross is not only the place whereon Christ was crucified for sin, but it is insofar as we realise the union, the same place whereon all men, in Christ’s body were also crucified unto death. Only union in Christ’s death can lead to walking in His resurrection life. Only the resurrection life in Christ has overcome the world. If we desired to overcome the world as well we would not only have to be in Christ by faith, but we would also have to walk in His strength and life.

If in our minds we do not think as God Himself thinks , being yet untutored we risk becoming apathetic. Yet in a renewed mind are we able to prove that acceptable and perfect will of God. If we do not have this mind to overcome sin, the flesh and the devil, we will follow the heart which having once again come under the dominion of the body will be led astray. Yet this is what is before us in Christ, not only a new heart but a renewed mind also. To have your mind renewed so as to be able to think as God thinks is truly astonishing. It is written that when we speak, we should speak as though we speak the Word of God. If this were not possible God could not have asked us to have such a mind. Yet God both asks and provides the Way to such a mind. It is the mind of Christ in the spirit, which we already posses but it must also be the natural mind having been brought into subjection through obedience to the calling of God, which is taught by God Himself. Therein lays the substance of faith, that having been saved, we would make certain our salvation through this obedience.

2012/9/7 6:13
arkp

Re: This is what it means to me

PAUL, your friend: writting to the Thessalonians, perhaps on the authority of a forged letter as from Paul, that the persecution they ((The)) Thessalonians were suffering were those of the "great and awsome day of the Lord". They were decieved.

This is a lie, Sad to Say that Paul was not able to produce statistics to justify and quantify the actions of those that were falsefing such a claim to defend there own inaccuracy's and lack of knowledge.

Paul in his Zeal to again comfort and encourage, setting apart his personal feelings of the Lawlessness that which was taking place of "He" the restrainer the Holy Spirit.

For the mystery of the Lawlessness is already at work: only He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed. Whom he Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying words, and with all unrighteouness deception among those who perish because they did not recieve the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

This could only take place, once the restrainer the Holy Spirit was taken out of the way.

Here Paul, encourgaes the Thessalonians; Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

At the End of this chapter, I came to the realizaiton that they did not have any peace. The enemy was exposed and the people are reminded of there believes and faith. He reminds them that they are Christians and therefore are to walk in Love and Forgiveness.

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always.

The word PEACE found in the bible 76 x's throughout Scripture each time having it's own unique meaning and translation.

Here the Word Peace and it's translations;

1. SECRET-(SIGAO), to hold one's peace to keep a serect.

2. SILENCE-(SIOPAO), to hold one's peace thou
shall be silence.

3. QUIET-(HESUCHAZO), to hold one's peace being still.

4. STILL-(PHIMOO), to hold one's peace be still.

John 14:27 Peace, I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Phil 4:9 Those things, which ye both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

The word Peace in the Churches as in 1 Corn 14:33 that harmonised relationship between God and man, accomplished through the gospel.

1 Corn 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all Churches of the saints.

I have to go, hope this clarifys in part what Sin means to me..

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Is ra-el, preaching peace by Je sus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Matt 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Luke 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Romans 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

2012/9/7 9:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy