SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Election/Dispensationlism and Covenant Theology...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
warriorofgod

Election/Dispensationlism and Covenant Theology...

I know that the title is a mouth full, but I have a few questions.

Is it inconsistant to believe in election and dispensational theology? Isn't the theology of election tightly knit to covenant theology?

Is it inconsistant to believe in the fall of Adam in the sense that his fall brought depraivty to the whole human race (baically original sin) and believe in dispensational theology? Isn't the denial of Adam as our covenantal (or Federal head) sort of go against calvanistic thinking?

Sorry for all of this. Answer the est you can.

2012/8/30 9:46Profile

Re: Election/Dispensationlism and Covenant Theology...

Warrior I would suggest you go to God himself for your answers. Take your New Testament and do as Bunyon said. Read and pray and pray and read. For a little from God is better than a whole lot from men. You might want to check out the Desert Island thread.

Bro, my best answer to you.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/30 9:55
proudpapa

Re: Election/Dispensationlism and Covenant Theology...

I would say that the two go hand in hand, Of both which in their extremes I find to be unbiblical yet mixed with bits of truth.

2012/8/30 10:29Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If this does not bring it all together, nothing has, will or does bring it together.

Ephesians 1:1-13 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

What is this dispensation?

Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is ((((((Christ in you, the hope of glory:))))) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

God's Plan not mans. God's Plan only attainable by the foreknowledge and purpose of God in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4-10 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

His power, His Grace, His wisdom, His unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men to see what is the fellowship of the mystery; The Person of Jesus Christ in God's elect, by His Spirit that dwells in the rebirthed son's of God. A Father is the only One who can give the incorruptable Seed of new birth. Who is our Father of whom we are His offspring?

Isaiah 44:7-8 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isa 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
Isa 65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Who's Offspring?

Ac 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Ac 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Only God's perfection;

"Christ in you the hope of Glory", Dispensation and Election, all One in Christ Jesus, our only Hope of Glory, which is "Christ in you".

In Christ: Phillip

2012/8/30 17:03Profile
beekpr

Re: election, etc.

Excellent advice, bearmaster! On some subjects the
Scripture gives us only glimpses of some infinite truths. These tend to be the issues over which men endlessly dispute. On subjects regarding what God requires for us to be saved and on how to please Him, the Word is very clear. These are the things which ought to be our primary concern. Unfortunately, the simple matters of obedience are those over which men most often stumble!

2012/8/30 21:09Profile
jimp

Re:

it is so clear that the only people who have the light on this subject is us. we have God all figured out. our God is so big He can change His mind and still be consistant.jimp

2012/8/30 21:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy