SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

If you check to see what I responded to, you will know.

If this is your opinion, so be it. I will not retract what I said.

Scripture is the best antidote for ignorance. I did not write the WORD and neither did anyone else on this forum. Most people on here adhere to its authority; it reveals the mind of God, gives life to its devotees.

The issue at stake is one discussed throughout the WORD. For one to not see it...well, what else can one conclude?

2012/8/30 15:24Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
I am thinking it might have something to do with his name

if i changed my name to 'septicguy' maybe people will stop judging my spiritualaity and start asking me for advice about their plumbing. :-)

i'm only up to genesis 3 so i need to be quiet now. :-)

(jk ginnyrose)

peace out.

2012/8/30 15:55Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This whole thread has got so far out into left field, I think we all are now setting in the bleachers with the Pharisees. :)

2012/8/30 15:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

ginnyrose wrote:

"if you check to see what I responded to, you will know."

This is you quoted that skepticguy wrote that you were responding to:

""no1 has said god doesnt speak through weather or meat out justice through storms. i think sum r saying we should not play the prophet and speak for god. and just becuz sum1 doesnt see eye to eye on sumthing does not give sum1 the right to call sum1 else ignorant. thats 1 of the things i hate about christians. lack of dialogue. just call names and right people off. why can there not be civil discourse? isnt there sumthin in the good book about drawing more flies with honey? (niv) proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

I have now read his post about 5 times. I must be really dumb, because I see nothing in what he wrote here that would cause any reasonable person to tell him not post anything further until he reads his Bible cover to cover.

Please show me what he said that warrants such a response from anyone.

2012/8/30 16:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

TMK,

There are many moderns that will discount the effect of natural catastrophes as being under God's control and tools he will use to undermine people's security. In the OT these events were called judgments; in the NT it is called chastisements. God is not limited to using floods, earthquakes, droughts but will also use war to bring about the same effect.

Isaiah writes a lot about this, pronouncing judgments upon the wicked. Revelation does as well - all with the idea of bringing people to their knees in repentance for sin. All judgement is redemptive in nature, and purpose. Hell is the final one from which there is no release. These others are not so.

God will not be mocked, contrary to many moderns wishes. God is not willing that any should perish, including homos, lesbians, liars, cheats, adulterers, etc. It is not only the wicked who are chastised it is God's people as well. Consider Hebrews 12:6-13:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

TMK, the reason I advised Skeptic to study the WORD is because this principle permeates scripture. To be able to read it and not see it would indicate either blindness or poor comprehension skills. It is far better for a person to read for himself and see it then it is for another to interpret it for them.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/8/30 22:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jesus' ministry was preceeded by John the Baptist's ministry with a fiery condemning message. Jesus himself continued with the same message:

Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

There is a HUGE difference here.

The Pharisees KNEW the truth and yet have pleasure in unrighteousness.

Most homosexuals have no clue what is truth. I do not believe for a moment that Romans 1 apply to sinners. It applies to people that know the truth and have pleasure in unrighteousness.

They know that God hates them because of the condemnation they receive from God's people. We say things like, "God loves the sinner but hates the sin". As far as they are concerned God hates them because the sinner they are and the sin they do is one in the same because they can't separate the two. They can't even change themselves, many have tried. You have no idea the staggering numbers out there among young people that can't stand themselves commit suicide because they can't get rid of the homosexual feelings that they have. They feel condemned and then we come along and give them more condemnation.

No, we err in our judgment.

So far we are doing it wrong, perhaps it's time that we ask the Father for instruction as to how to go about doing His will and not just take the dead letter of the law and try to use it against flesh and blood.

There are more homosexuals out there than you will ever realize brother that want to hear this gospel of love,, mercy and grace and they will want to turn to it. But since all they hear from us is our dead letter of condemnation, they will run from us. And I don't blame them for that.

But some of you think that I am a softy. Not at all. I have always believed that a soft word turneth away wrath. I think there is a much perfect way that God would have us follow after when dealing with homosexuality.

We desperately need to be filled with the Spirit like never before saints.

Thank you for the invite of Andrew Stroms ministry.

2012/8/30 22:46
SkepticGuy

Re:

ginnyrose i have not mocked god. and i have not defended devient behavior as i have been accused of doing simply becuz i have not agreed with everything a few people have said. i have made factual observations and then asked meaningful questions. people asked questions of jesus all the time. instead of acting like a lot of christians, he actually answered their questions and didnt accuse them of being ignorant or not believing. the ones he accused of being ignorant and not believing were those who thought they had all the answers. i will always remain friendly with people here. i am not always right but i hope others can learn from my example that there is no need to get upset or call down fire on others. we are all in this together.

2012/8/31 7:52Profile

ginnyrose

you wrote:

Quote:
Isaiah writes a lot about this, pronouncing judgments upon the wicked.

okay, you got part of the picture there, let me just write about what God the Holy Spirit has revealed to me as i eat of the Word.

wherever one of the Prophets, spoke judgement, there was always restoration coming behind it, with the exception of a few of Jeremiah's judgements in the 40's chapters, i wont bore you by going over which nations did not have this restorative prophetic message following.

what the LORD has led me to do in the Word, since last summer, is to go over and over the three "major" and 12 'minor' prophets again and again and again...i lost count, with that, He will have me BACK in the New Covenant, the Gospel accounts and the Epistles...He LEADS me.

Now what has He impressed upon my heart to 'look' for?

several Things, first and foremost, WHO He IS, ie the "Attributes of God", as well as the "Attributes of Messiah", and then the "Attributes of the follower". (NOT 'believer'...FOLLOWER....denoms 'believe' as well, 'followers' walk WITH Him)...

also, God the Holy Spirit has me pondering the "Heart Cry of the Prophet" or "prophets".

the main thing the prophets keep coming BACK to time and time again, with the Judgement of the LORD is the propensity of the nation, and the 'peoples' to worship on idols, become idolaters.....foolishness, He is a Jealous God, He brooks NO RIVALS, you are either ALL IN....or doomed to destruction.

Idolatry....THAT just infuriates the LORD, and Isaiah as well as some of the other prophets, write most annointedly on the foolishness of the idolmakers, one brilliant passage Isaiah writes of an idol maker taking a piece of wood, using one half of it, to make a fire, cook his bread, and then using the other half to craft an idol that he then 'worships'.

Isaiah (and other prophets) keep coming back again and again to the arrogant, the self sufficient......those of the people who do not recognize their absolute Dependence on God, AND abuse the lesser of their fellow Israelites,(and by Prophecy, New Covenant "Israelites", which is the Body of Christ") taking bribes, perverting justice, murder...ignoring the plight of the widow's orphans fatherless...Isaiah 58 is the "mountain top" of that clarion call.

Even soaring above THAT, are the Four Suffering Servant Songs within Isaiah, oh the Riches of Christ!!! Isaiah foresaw Jesus, he was gifted by God the Word of Messiah to come.

(these "Servant" songs are in Isaiah 42:1-9, 49:1-13,50:4-11 and the Lovely Crescendo, 52:13-53:12....you can read Them, if led.)

Now you write of God "being mocked" within this nation, but like many, i feel you're unpacking half the picture of a sinful nation, and the greatest mockers of all, are those who have wed themselves to the spirit of babylon, which is truly wicked, truly unholy, murderous, lying and decieving.....and IS LURING a vast number of followers of Jesus into its ranks...there will come a day, hear me, when satan gets up in the hearts of men, and makes a bastard son of hell called the 'church of america', much like the Early Church, which was co-opted because the deciever realized he could NOT smash this called out remnant, the jew and gentile followers of Jesus,so he used a wicked man like constantine, appealed to him in a dream with visions of red crosses on shields to win a battle in WAR, constantine then decides to 'use' the Economy of God, and the Blood to configure that whore of babylon, that was named the 'holy roman church', which unleashed upon the world, such terrible wickedness, this epoch in history is called "the dark ages".....so it will be with those men who have been lured BY POLITICS, BY LUST FOR MONEY, CONQUEST, EMPIRE, to configure the "church of america' for their stated desire to "take america back"..and to fight the 'culture wars', as well as the 'war on terror', and whatever war which will line their pockets with MONEY....MONEY being their "true god"...THAT is rank idolatry!

and nobody says a WORD!!!.....oh, some on what is called the 'religious "left" ' will shriek and cry about THAT.....with voices as shrill as those on the "religious right" will scream about homosexuals and abortion....but they are both equally blind guides...leading the blind.

they ALL have taken the word "christian" and attached such hellish baggage to that moniker, that those lost sheep God desires with ALL His Heart, hear the name "christian" and ACTUALLY are repelled!

roman catholics consider themselves "christian"...should i enumerate the wickedness flowing forth from that salt water creek of hell?...pedophile predatory priests, where are the voices speaking OUT against that wickedness?!?...and not only pedophiles, BUT homosexual pedophile predators....i dont see many posts on this forum ABOUT THAT DAMNABLE WICKEDNESS!!!...or the mary idolatry?....where are the posts about that?....i'll spare you the litany of sinfull wickedness coming out of rome, i'm sure you are well aware of that...or what about this new darling of the pharisee right, who is a loyal adherent to the 'church of joe smith'?!?

and the heart rending charade spewing forth DAY AFTER DAY from the TV, men AND women pleading for money while they wrap themselves in the cloak of the "tv evangelist"?.....who is their "god"?...what is their "gospel"?...they are the MOST wicked idolators of ALL, they're idol, again is MONEY....believe me , as i say in the LORD, these will be the FIRST 'priests' of this 'church of america' that is yet to come, joining with some VERY PUBLIC 'leading christian' personalities, who are now fornicating with the powers of this new babylon. they are the ones giving spiritual 'covering' to every evil desire to subjugate, nation after nation after nation, to appease their "god"....MONEY. CONQUEST. BLOODLUST.

its demonic, at its very core and heart!...and within this hellish configuration of wickedness, therein lay the seeds of the coming persecution of the TRUE Church, the Body of Christ, the Bride, awaiting the Bridegroom, Jesus Messiah.

in closing, as my heart is wounded, and i grieve beyond grief, jealous for the House of the LORD, which has been turned into a den of robbers, i say this...think not i give ANY covering to homosexuals, or give any covering to abortion....but these servants of satan have TRICKED people, by using 'politics', we know the democrats will never stop the sin of sacrficing children to that hell god molech, but the republicans know how to lure otherwise well meaning saints into their tent, by telling you they stand against abortion.

thats a lie, fore the deep dirty secret is this, they have NO intention of stopping abortion, because they are afraid of inner city black single women, having multiple fatherless babies...NOBODY will admit this, but it does play good to the 'base' to give it lip service, just like it plays good to the 'base' to say 'we stand with our troops', as those dear boys and girls are used by the spirit of babylon for the needs of the god of this age, that idol, money...empire....its a all a deception.

which is what the Prophets spoke against, idolatry.....idols decieve, and they stir the Lord into a Fury beyond reckoning, ear tingling Fury and Wrath...always involving Fire....think...mankind in our foolish, murderous nature, what NEW THING have we come up with that involves FIRE?

to be salted with FIRE?

tell me, beloved. neil

2012/8/31 11:01
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Approved, have you ever asked a homo whether he has ever felt in his spirit what he is doing is wrong?

I never have, but I have worked at a Crises Pregnancy Center for fifteen years and talked with sinners of all kinds. I say we have encountered every kind of sin known to man and imagination except for homosexuals/lesbians - they do not need a pregnancy test. With the exception of one person (I suspected there was something wrong with her mentally), they all knew they were living in sin, that their lifestyle was wrong, that they were away from God - some cared but most did not. The ones who wanted abortion knew it was wrong but did not care or expected God to forgive them after the fact when they asked him to.

My point? I suspect these people in their spirits know it is sin. For many, I suspect, they have hardened their hearts to this still small voice where they barely can hear Him anymore, hence no conviction. This can be evidenced when there is no shame in the displaying, flaunting of their bodies in perverted manners.

Hebrews 8:10-13 says it well:

10 “FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL
AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS,
AND I WILL WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS.
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD,
AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

11 “AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN,
AND EVERYONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, ‘KNOW THE LORD,’
FOR ALL WILL KNOW ME,
FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.

12 “FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR INIQUITIES,
AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE.”

13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

I suspect we do not realize the depth of the promise of this scripture. On the other hand, it provides one with a lot of hope - hope for those who are so desperately lost in wickedness. Reconciliation happens when they realize their lost condition, but it usually is a process, does not happen all at once. Some have to fall deep into the gutter before they tire of it.

One more point to consider, why do they fight Christians so much? Is it not because we remind them of what they have heard in their spirit but have worked to dismiss it? It works this way with anything you want to discount in the WORD. When you see someone who lives it, people will work to discredit them.

Something to think about...

2012/8/31 11:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Good.

God bless.

2012/8/31 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy