SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Lordoitagain....Why are we so eager to defend brazen wickedness? .(Nahum 1:3)!

Please point out were "anyone" on this thread has defended or even condoned the Southern Decadence celebration.

2012/8/29 12:27Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
hi, i would like to make you aware that the only undamaged area in katrina was the french quarter, where the gay fest is held.jimp

that is an interesting fact that i had forgotten.

no one is defending wickedness. there are just differening opinions and some of them do not agree w/u, lorddoitagain. why can we not disagree w/out getting huffy? its probably true that any storm stops a party of wickedness sumewhere. blizzards, hurricanes, tornados. i will be watching this winter when a blizzard hits minnesota to see if u call down the fire on the dairy farmers and meat packers and cheese makers. while there is certainly sum damage in new orleans proper from this hurricane, the bulk of the destruction is not in new orleans. how do u explain that? how do u explain why the french quarter was spared during katrina? i have been to the french quarter and to mardi gras in the past. if these hurricanes were gods wrath then why did he spare the most decadent part of the city? twice? if the hurricane had hit tampa florida or the outer banks of north carolina or savannah georgia would u be declaring gods wrath on those cities? there is homosexual activity in those cities too. hurricane season is long from over, u may get a chance yet.

2012/8/29 13:09Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Lorddoitagain will u be taking clothes and food and water to the victims of this hurricane? what a wonderful opportunity this will be to help feed and take care of those who are dealing with the aftermath. u could talk to some homosexuals about your belief in god. dont miss an opportunity.

2012/8/29 13:15Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

i did a google search on hurricane issac wrath of god. seems every1 is claiming this to be the wrath of god. most of the things google pulled up were articles declaring issac to be gods wrath on the republican party. look it up 4 urself. every1 wants this storm 2 be gods wrath on whoever it is that they hate. i think this is gods wrath upon zydeco music.

2012/8/29 14:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Nahum 1:2-4:

"The Lord is a jealous God,
filled with vengeance and rage.
He takes revenge on all who oppose him
and continues to rage against his enemies!
3 The Lord is slow to get angry, but his power is great,
and he never lets the guilty go unpunished.
He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm.
The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.
4 At his command the oceans dry up,
and the rivers disappear.
The lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade,
and the green forests of Lebanon wither."

Lorddoitagain:

I was going to say that the above passage seems to be poetic to me but I know that would just upset you. The oceans have never dried up, to my knowledge. And no, I am not saying that God could not dry up the oceans if He wanted to. He could do it in .2 seconds.

No one here is arguing that God cannot or does not control the weather, although I believe in the great majority of cases He just lets nature take its course.

And no one here is saying that the USA in general is not a pretty wicked place.

But every time something bad happens in nature you can't just say that God did it to punish the wicked.

Why can't you just admit that in this case this storm did not seem to be a direct judgment on New Orleans and instead was likely an answer to prayer from drought stricken farmers? AFter all it would take tropical storm type rain (many inches) to even touch the rainfall deficit.

I guess a person can try to make a lot out of the 7 years passing between Katrina and Isaac, but to me it is just coincidence. It is storm season after all.

2012/8/29 14:38Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

(Psalms 86:15 NIV) But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

(Psalms 100:5 NIV) For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

2012/8/29 15:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
SkepticGuy

(Psalms 86:15 NIV) But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

(Psalms 100:5 NIV) For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

O no! you posted some good, uplifting, encouraging, Love of God, Praise the Lord! scripture, isn't that going against the grain? :)

2012/8/29 16:53Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Mr. Bill and Skeptic,
You guys are only displaying your ignorance of both the sovereignty
and the judgement of God by the statements you have made. Three
hurricanes have hit the New Orleans area during Southern Decadence.
You don't even have to be that spiritual to see that this is more than
coincidence or chance. The guys I work with see it and recognize
that this is the judgement of God and not many of them are in
fellowship with God.

Mike

2012/8/29 17:13Profile

Re:

Read Romans 1:15-31. New Orleans and the rest of the nation are already under judgement. Because we have turned away from God to worship creation. God has given us over to our base desires. Thus the rise in homosexuality. The fact this perverted sin is running rampant is indicative of God's judgement.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/29 17:48
jimp

Re:

hi, aren't you glad that Jesus took all of the wrath for our sin on the cross athat romans 8:1says that there is therefore no judgement(krino) condemnation(krino)for those who are in Christ Jesus.jimp

2012/8/29 17:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy