SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Clearly understanding the Baptism & Evidence of the Holy Spirit through scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Burl

Clearly understanding the Baptism & Evidence of the Holy Spirit through scripture

We have all come from different backgrounds to the point we are living today in our walk with Christ. So different as would be reflected in diversity of languages that were represented on the Day of Pentecost.

Undeniably, we cannot dispute what the Holy Scriptures have already pronounced and the disciples have proclaimed. However, I am deeply perplexed in understanding through scripture the truth of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, the infilling of the Holy Spirit and the evidence of this experience as some proport through the gift of speaking in tongues.

Unfortunately, this then becomes splintered even more because there is the initial infilling of the Holy Spirit evidenced by the speaking in tongues. There is the continued experience of speaking in tongues and the scriptural requirement of an interpreter. There is the "praying in tongues." There is the "singing in tongues." And yet I am challenged in my journey to experience these things and show support by scripture. The focus seems out of balance.

I am not of great intellect, but do trust the Holy Spirit to lead me into all truth. I am consistent in my daily reading, absorbing, digesting and eating of God's Holy Word. He has been faithful in leading me in His Truth. This is the one area that has brought me the greatest challenge, it seems to be the most controversial and from the naked eye, it provides the weakest benefit to the body of Christ.

Before responding, search your heart and the scriptures. I am not looking for doctrinal defense, nor support of a particular church. I truly want to know the truth. I am asking for assistance in how I can best walk through the Word of God to learn His Truth.

Thanks

2005/2/20 18:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Clearly understanding the Baptism & Evidence of the Holy Spirit through scripture

Quote:
Before responding, search your heart and the scriptures. I am not looking for doctrinal defense, nor support of a particular church. I truly want to know the truth. I am asking for assistance in how I can best walk through the Word of God to learn His Truth.

Hi I would like you to consider some of these below points before posting more at SermonIndex:

1st It is more appropriate for people to first post an welcome message in the welcome section of the forums, telling abit of their background, church, etc..

2nd Most people who start off in the forums will read many of the posts and threads and get to know the community they are talking with. Also to reply to other thoughts and share that way is a good way to start off.

3rd there is a good archive of discussions on the site and if you do a search on this topic you will be able to glean alot from past conversations.

I hope that clears things and helps you to understand how this forum community works abit.

2005/2/20 19:02Profile
Burl

Re:

Thank you. I should have considered that initially. I had read a few and sensed a genuine spirit of those writing, therefore felt comfortable writing my heart.

I will do a search and see if this assist me. I am new and not familiar at all with how this all works. Thanks

2005/2/20 19:11Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Burl,

I don't know if you found the search bar yet but it's at the top of the home page. I just noticed this post and thought I'd type some info to help you out. Try searching for "Initial Physical Evidence" "Baptism in the Holy Spirit". Those should bring up the desired threads.

As you read through those threads you can post your thoughts in there also.

I hope you enjoy this site and I really hope the sermon downloads are a blessing to you!

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/24 0:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy