SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Not an Imitation but a New Creation - Simpson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Not an Imitation but a New Creation - Simpson

Readings by A.B. Simpson
Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, August 23, 2012

God is now aiming to reproduce in us the pattern which has already appeared in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The Christian life is not an imitation of Christ, but a direct new creation in Christ, and the union with Christ is so complete that He imparts His own nature to us and lives His own life in us. This, then, is not an imitation but simply the outgrowth of the nature implanted within.

We live Christlike because we have the Christ-life. God is not satisfied with anything less than perfection. He required that from His Son. He requires it from us, and He does not, in the process of grace, reduce the standard, but He brings us up to it. He does not let down the righteousness of the law, but He requires of us a righteousness that far exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, and then He imparts it to us. He counts us righteous in sanctification, and He says of the new creation, He that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous (I John 3:7).

Lord, live out Thy very life in me.

2012/8/23 15:43Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Not an Imitation but a New Creation - Simpson

Quote" Lord, live out Thy very life in me. Quote"

Indeed salvation is nothing less than the life of God in the soul of Man.

That is the salvation that George Whitefield knew along with any truly born again child of God.

Thank you and Amen.

2012/8/27 17:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy