SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Way to connect with like-minded believers on SermonIndex.net

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Way to connect with like-minded believers on SermonIndex.net

Saints,

We pray this is one way some here can foster fellowship with other believers in your area. Do pray and consider being a part of this movement of brothers and sisters in the Lord who are lacking true genuine fellowship in the Lord.

We are encouraging even the meeting of 2-3 in various locations on any given day of the week as a way to strengthen each other in our walks with Jesus Christ.

---

Dear Brothers And Sisters in Christ,

With over 30,000 registered denominations, the Church in the West is fractured and split into so many groups, in which God calls carnality (1 Corinthians 3:1-5). We are in need for a movement of brothers and sisters coming together to meet under Christ's Lordship and to simply obey Christ's call to discipleship and evangelisation of the world. We don't need more church buildings; we need the kind of true fellowship of the Body of Christ as in the Early Church (Acts 2:42-47). Not denominational churches with men in charge but rather where Jesus Christ is the head (Colossians 1:18).

We believe that before long believers will be facing difficult times and it is essential for the body of Christ to connect with each other before that time arrives. We believe meetings such as these will be free to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in our day. We believe there is a simplicity to the Gospel and 99% of the division we see is a paticular emphasis on a non-essential doctrine in many cases.

Are you looking for like-minded fellowship in your area? Do you want to be fruiful in your walk with Jesus Christ and lead others to become disciples? We invite you to prayerfully consider joining with this movement. It does not necessary mean you need to leave the Church you attend but you would commit to meet during the week with other like-minded believers from all different denominational backgrounds.

What Are Gospel Fellowships

Gospel Fellowships are fellowships of like-minded believers in Jesus Christ meeting together in autonomous groups of 2-3 or more on a weekly basis under the headship of Jesus Christ. Gospel Fellowships is not a organization, denomination or nonprofit group but is simply a network of believers who agree with the Guiding Principles Booklet. Gospel Fellowships is inter-denominational, with brothers and sisters from many different denominational backgrounds active in the groups. Thus, Gospel Fellowships is centered on the fact that there is only one body of Christ universal in the world and that all true disciples of Jesus Christ are a part of that body. So we want to encourage the assembling of God's people together in local visible form, which is a picture of the true unity in the universal Church. Each local meeting is reconized as an expression and picture of the Church and thus called a house church.

What Is An House Church

A house church is simply a gathering of 2 or more believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. The scriptures declare that where 2 or more believers are gathered together, the Lord Jesus is present in that meeting. We see no other indication in Scripture to validate a meeting as a church than this basis given by our Lord. Also, the fact is that the believers in Christ 'are the Church' and the building is not the Church. So by meeting in homes we are bringing back this awareness to many that the Lord's People are the Church. Of course there is more to a meeting of the Church (the Lord's gathered people) than just simply 2 people in a room. So we try to clearly define some points of discipline and practice in the Guiding Principles booklet to help these meetings grow Biblically and be unified in the Lord's work.

Learn more here: http://www.gospelfellowships.net/

2012/8/22 23:51Profile
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Re: Way to connect with like-minded believers on SermonIndex.net

I did read the booklet, and it is very well put together and articulated. I am very much looking forward to what the Lord is doing with this!

2012/8/22 23:57Profile
Etuna

Re: Way to connect with like-minded believers on SermonIndex.net

I had a question about what this meant for tjose like I a
Ready planted in a local church and it it was very well answered by the quoted below.

"We are not in anyway against institutional church buildings but believe it will be of benifit for brothers and sisters, from many denominations to come together in common fellowship under Christ. We ask that Gospel Fellowship do not meet in church buildings so they can remain autonomous and seperate from these other works. We also encourage some of the Gospel Fellowships to even meet on another day other than sunday so they can still attend a larger church gathering in their area if they desire to. Thus we are not in competiton with any churches but rather want to help encourage the gathering of the people of God for encouragement and strengthening."

I'll pray about it and hopefully start one in Namibia, Thank you:-)

2012/8/23 2:32Profile
brothagary

Re:

its a good idea ,,but it cant replace a presbitery as mentioned by paul or a group of elders and over seers fulfilling there offices and callings ,,its one thing to call denoninations carnal but if this idea of fellow ship doesnt amount to true bibixcal felowship with elders propherts and pasters sheperding the sheep ,,can i kindly say it is just as carnal as denominations but by another definition ,,,youknow want im getting at ,,,,,,,

if we point the finger we better be able to do our best to fix the problem by demonstrating a viable bibical solution
and a pure newtestament network of living churches ,,if not we may be no better then denominations ,wich would be a contradiction

having said that ,,i would love to be apart of somthing like this,,,i live in townsville state of queens land country australia ,,if i could be conected to other believers who are from sermon index it would be an emence blessings

let our prayeres be for a network of mature newtestament fellowship ,,,not just 2or 3 , tho we no he be in the midst of two or three

blessings

2012/8/23 5:41Profile
learjet

Re:

Praise God!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you, this is a very important vision!

Keep running brother!

Much love in Christ!

2012/8/23 8:37Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
its a good idea ,,but it cant replace a presbitery as mentioned by paul or a group of elders and over seers fulfilling there offices and callings ,,its one thing to call denoninations carnal but if this idea of fellow ship doesnt amount to true bibixcal felowship with elders propherts and pasters sheperding the sheep ,,can i kindly say it is just as carnal as denominations but by another definition ,,,youknow want im getting at ,,,,,,,

Dear Brother, Gospel Fellowships believe in leadership but the difference is that we allow God to raise up the leaders and do not force some to become leaders. And we declare not a man but Jesus Christ over all the local leaders. There are a small group of brothers who serve all the fellowships by listing them and ensuring they are of the same vision and also practicing church discipline if needed to take them off the list.

Also our burden dear brother is that groups of 2-3 believers together "is" the church but only the beginnings of it, for a local fellowship to be healthy it needs to grow past just a few members. But many of the New Testament assemblies started off the same way slowly and just with a few people and grew from there.

Also we have not 100% completed the booklet because we are still looking for feedback from the Lord's People: http://www.gospelfellowships.net

2012/8/23 12:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy