SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Way Of Discipline by E. Stanley Jones

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Way Of Discipline by E. Stanley Jones

“Love can 'spring', be spontaneous and free, only if it comes “from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from a sincere faith.” In other words, from a disciplined life. Any supposed freedom that leaves you with an impure heart, a bad conscience, and an insincere faith ends not in springing and and singing, but in sighing and dying.

Another passage says, “God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, or love and of self-discipline.” (2 Tim. 1:7). Disciplined people have a sense of courage. They are afraid of nothing, for they know that the sum total of reality is behind them. They also have a sense of power, for they know God is working with them. They have a love that springs and sings. 'O Christ, teach me Your way, the way of discipline, for I too want to sing, to be free. Your will is freedom; my will is bondage. When I take my way, I end in a mess. When I take Yours, I end in courage, power, and love. Amen.”

2012/8/21 11:17Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: The Way Of Discipline by E. Stanley Jones

Very good word by E. Stanley Jones, brother. Thanks for putting this up.

I like this: "Disciplined people have a sense of courage. They are afraid of nothing, for they know that the sum total of reality is behind them."

Reminds me of Proverbs 28.1.

"The wicked fleeth when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."

2012/8/21 13:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy