SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request - Gods voice, plus other issue

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
richrock

UK

Prayer request - Gods voice, plus other issue

I'm not usually one to ask many people to pray for me, but really could do with it tonight.

I've lost the voice of God in my life, I guess with everything thats gone on before this year, I could almost doubt I'd heard the voice of God properly in my life, except for a few specific moments.

I'm what you would call an ex-charismatic, and I'm simply seeking the voice of God through His word, not though other means that I can tell you people around me practice. I don't want to discuss them here, nor feel it appropriate to do so. So I ask just simply for the clarity of His voice through His word into my life and that the Holy Spirit would do the work required for me to bear good fruit.

This leads me on to the second prayer request - a long time back I spoke in another post about my wife and I sitting on different sides of the theological fence, so to speak. By the grace of God I have prayed, and I am slowly (and in His time) being able to speak freely of misgivings about things that even I at one time practiced. I ask for prayer that this would continue without me trying to force the issue, as this has lead to friction (and all that that ensues) but that I would be able to continue to talk, discuss and challenge on things, for the benefit of both of us. So far I have been able to discuss the issue of tithing vs. giving, election, evangelism, gospel, and also on the ideas of 'once saved always saved'. Note we do hold the same ideas on evangelism and gospel, but they have been opportunities to push the envelope into other areas. Being able to discuss what is poor about modern evangelism has encouraged us as we have a like mind to see the gospel preached, that people are convicted by the Holy Spirit, etc.

It's step by step forward, and would appreciate prayers on both of these things. It's important as the husband to hear the voice of God clearly, and to be able to discuss things freely with my wife. Praise God that there has been some good progress there, and we are able to talk these things through without heckles being raised in defence.

2012/8/20 18:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy