SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

Moscow's top court has upheld a ban on gay pride marches in the Russian capital for the next 100 years.

Earlier Russia's best-known gay rights campaigner, Nikolay Alexeyev, had gone to court hoping to overturn the city council's ban on gay parades.

He had asked for the right to stage such parades for the next 100 years.
He also opposes St Petersburg's ban on spreading "homosexual propaganda". The European Court of Human Rights has told Russia to pay him damages.

read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19293465

2012/8/19 18:46Profile

Re: Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

It takes a nation that is not founded on the principles of Gods word to make a stand like this. Incredible!

2012/8/19 18:57
ET101

Re:

give with one hand, and take with the other. . .

I wouldn't give them credit, Approved. . .

In fact, I think the wider/longterm implications might be the exact opposite of the immediate ones. . .it's democratically a highly repressive move. . .it will backfire. . .a la the Hegelian principle. . .this is just stage one. . .

I think it might be more realistic to just lean on God's word and understand that whatever the surface political machinations, morality will wax worse and worse globally. . .

2012/8/20 12:19Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

After 70 years of poverty and suffering under communistic rule ... they are more open and sensative to what the Almighty would have them to rule.

Oh that New Orleans would pass such a rule!

2012/8/29 10:11Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

today u pray for a ban on gay parades. 2morrow u will pray for the freedom to worship as u used to do. be careful what u pray 4. u mite just get it.

2012/8/29 10:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy