SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Street pastors/ healing on the streets- gospel less evangelis

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Heh. 2:4
God also testified to it by signs, wonders, and and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his willI

Gal. 3:3
ODoes God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law or because you believe what you heard.

Rom. 15:18-19
I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done----by the power of signs and miracles through the power of the Spirit.

Acts 4:30
Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.

The above verses and others speak of the reality of miracles. If one is going to deny the reality of miracles then rip up your New Testament. Forum I hate to break it to you. Paul did miracles in his ministry. This is his testimony unless we are going to call him a liar.

I ask can anyone set forth a case that miracles have ceased? Can anyone say that the miracles taking place in the third world are false? Moslems who come to Christ through dreams and visions. Are their conversions false? People in India who are healed and come to Christ. Are their conversions false?

What I am hearing is that any miracle that is don in the name of Jesus is false. Because we cannot rationalize in our paradyne. Any talk of God's power is relegated to the demonic or false prophet. And frankly that may be right for believers in the west. Mainly because the western Christians have rationalized the Holy Spirit right out if the window.

Why do we see the power of God moving in the third world. Simply like the first century Christians, they believed. Why do we not see God's power on the western church. Mainly because we do not believe. We believe correct doctrine but have no power. And somewhere it says that the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

Posted by Bearmaster.

2012/8/20 18:36

Re:

I must ask if you do not believe in miracles. Then why bother to pray. Any answer to prayer is a miracle in itself. Just wondering.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/20 18:57

Re:

delete, double post

2012/8/20 21:14

Re:

Brother Bearmaster, did I miss something? Did someone say they did not believe in miracles?...........bro Frank

2012/8/20 21:14

Re:

Quote:
This is misinformation. The devil is a liar and the only miracles that he can muster up is through "lying wonders".

Satan cannot heal the sick

I'm sorry, but your assertion is misinformation. I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but there are plenty of testimonies of the demonic bringing physical healing into peoples lives. Read or listen to the testimony of Johanna Michaelsen sometime. She was heavily involved in this before her salvation. "Lying signs and wonders" does not refer to them not happening, they're lying because they do not originate from the Truth or testify to Him, just like the works of Jannes and Jambres. Their source is a lie (just like their father) and a deception, and they lead people astray. We're going to see this more in the end days than ever before. Jesus said to watch out for them.

Quote:
Nothing has changed since the time of Christ, they did it then, they are doing it today and why not?

I mean wouldn't you chase after a minstry who is doing miracles when we simply don't see anything like that today? I would!

That's sad news to hear. Here's what Jesus said about that;

Matthew 16:4

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign."

This word for "sign" in Greek means an attesting miracle, which Christ also says in Matthew 24 that the false prophets will do (same word).

2012/8/20 23:06

Re:

@Bearmaster

Brother, again, who here is saying that they don't believe in miracles? Can you direct us to a quote from this thread of someone saying they deny the miraculous happening still today?

2012/8/20 23:08

Re:

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

2012/8/21 0:26
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

This whole discussion reminds me of John going to Jesus and saying that he saw someone driving out demons in Jesus' name and he told him to stop it. But Jesus said " Do not stop him"( Mark 9:39 )" No one who does a miricle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. I tell you you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly be rewarded."

2012/8/21 2:15Profile
HeartSong

Re: Street pastors/ healing on the streets- gospel less evangelis

I will pray that the LORD give you strength.

2012/8/21 2:48Profile

Re:

Brother Steve, you maybe should give some thought that there are Brothers that research things before they post them and are not against healings - as long as it leads to the main purpose of people's salvation - as was the case in The Word.

There are going to increasingly be times when discernment and a pause will be needed to find out what we're dealing with.

Deception will be more subtle and rampant in the last days and Jesus through His Apostles warned us to test all things .. lest we be deceived.

Maybe you could bring up some research on these groups that proves your post.

Watchman Nee even taught to wait on GOD to prove things out.
I know some of these Brothers and they have a long history of having done their homework before they'll post anything contrary.

Peace.

2012/8/21 2:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy