SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is it God's WILL to heal ALL who come to Him for healing?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Why do you ask?

Friend CarlosBCG,

You have raised a legitimate question - one that has been asked countless times for generations. Now, I would like to ask you a question to see whether the Lord would have me to answer it for you or not.

1. Do you ask this question so that you may fill your curiosity?

2. Do you ask this question so that you may encourage an ongoing, age-old argument between and among brothers and sisters in Christ?

3. Do you ask this question so that from a pure heart you may honestly and sincerely grow in the knowledge of God our Savior, and so that through gained spiritual understanding you may indeed edify others?

4. Do you ask this question so that after gaining a satisfactory answer you will indeed lay hold of it and go out and heal the sick, or either tell them that God does not want them well?

Please explain why you asked the question?

Based upon your answer to my question, I may be delighted to answer your question Biblically if this post is still around when I am also here. If I am not here for the next few days, there will probably be others who would be happy to answer once they are confident that your motives are pure in asking.

The Spirit did not inspire Paul to speak meat to those who loved milk only. The whole Bible record illustrates that God is willing to speak to those who desire to hear Him for right motives, but He will pass over those who do not.

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" I Corinthians 3:1-3

You may find that God will not give you your answer until your motives are pure for asking. If your motives are pure, there are those who would love to share together with you on this important theme.

2012/8/19 22:19
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Re:

I see there is a bit of a spiritual fever on this thread that needs healing. Perhaps I can help with that.
The Word shows that it is God's will to make you "whole". But "the Lord is a God of judgment" Isaiah 30:18. The word translated "judgment" means "method, order, system, law. So here is what the Scripture says about God's will and order to make us "whole".
"And the very God of PEACE(emphasis mine) sanctify you wholly, and may your whole spirit, and whole soul(mind, will, emotions) and whole body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calleth you, who also will do it." 1 Thess. 5:23, 24
I think that is pretty clear on His will and His order. God would not be so merciful to heal our body of a physical disease and leave a spiritual malady left undone. God always works in the order of spirit, soul and body. Once we see the spiritual malady and allow him to correct and heal that He has no reason to afflict us further. "That ye may know that the Son of Man hath power on earth to forgive sins: then sayeth He to the sick of the palsy, Rise!"
I know in other cases, such as that of Susan Allibone, she was crippled and in a wheelchair, yet walked in the Spirit and her life glorified God. And in such cases who sinned? Perhaps noone, but this was for the glory of God.
Either way, let God be glorified!

2012/8/19 22:58Profile
CarlosBCG

Re:

Hi ProclaimIt (don't know what else to call you...I wish people would use their name...sigh),

Forgive me if I don't answer each of your questions in turn. This forum is incredibly frustrating for me to use technically speaking...so I will summarize my reason for asking...

I want to know if it is the WILL of God to heal ALL who come to Him for healing today so that I can both find healing for any ailments that I myself may have AND so that I can be used of God to bring healing to ALL that have need of it as part of a Body whose aim is to be Jesus to those who come in contact with Him in us.

And why do I wish that?

For His honor and glory! Period.

I don't care if others are the instrument of bringing that healing or not and not me. If it's His greater honor and glory that I seek, and it is, it doesn't matter who is used by God to bring that honor and glory to Him.

What I tire of is the seemingly constant questioning of my motives, the impugning of my character, false accusations, evil inuendos, slander, and the like that are sent my way when I come into forums and start asking questions or making points based on the Word. I understand the need to ask me of my motives so that is not directed at you but I also would encourage you and others to think the best of me unless you see reason to believe otherwise.

I also tire of Christians being so content with the status quo of how things are in the church of today that they never seem to have much interest in asking if God might want things to be different and how we might go about doing our Father's business in a way that is both more pleasing to Him and more effective.

As a child of God, I emphasize child, I read the Word and innocently see lots of healing going on there. I read about various instances of healing around the world today, mostly in third world countries among the poor in spirit as well as poor in wealth and hardly any going on here in North America.

I want to approach what the Word says as a child. Putting aside any religious sophistication and puffed up arrogance to receive what is written. As fresh and wonderful as if I had never read it before.

And I want to learn from anyone, I don't give a hoot how young or old in the Lord they are, who can point me to a better understanding of what pleases God in this and a great many other issues that I have not posted on.

I've even learned things from unbelieving atheist whom the Lord has graciously used to speak into my life at times!

So by all means share whatever it is that you think might be used of the Lord to help me determine if it is indeed the WILL of God to heal ALL (or not as the case may be).

I only ask that you set aside any pride that may be present by virtue of knowing much and come alongside of me to learn from God as a brother in the Lord. As children who do not necessarily know as we ought to know but willing to seek and learn and discuss things in love until we arrive at a more perfect understanding (and practice) in this issue.

Carlos

2012/8/19 22:59Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hey Carlos -

You say you want to know the truth on this issue. I agree.

Your character and motive for asking will be questioned predominately because you have put to fine a point on the topic! Many will not be comfortable or able to address this from The Word alone. Some will want to use personal experience or ingrained belief... that may be short on Biblical substance.

It seems clear that many followers of Christ do not know what His Word actually says on the topic. Therefore they can not have faith. Faith only begins where the will of God is know. That only comes from His Word.

I can't answer in full tonight but will ask a few questions that will begin to shed light on the topic if answered honestly.

1. In the Gospels is there ever even one time Jesus told someone who came to Him in faith that He did would not heal them?

2.Is there even one time in the Gospels or Acts that Jesus said that He wanted a follower of His to be sick or diseased to teach them a lesson or learn something?

3. If all the accounts of physical healing in The Gospels and Acts are fully examined what exactly and specifically did Jesus attribute the healings to? How many times each?

4. What is the one thing specifically mentioned in the Gospels that made it impossible for Jesus to manifest physical healing?

5. Did Jesus purchase physical healing as part of the New Covenant when He bought our redemption?

6. When Galatians says that , "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law", what specifically and exactly are the things He redeemed us from. In essence what was the curse of the Law that He redeemed us from

7. If God The Father is the one who afflicts His followers with sickness and disease and also is the one Who heals them did Jesus testify that He would then be a "kingdom divided against Himself?" Jesus DID say this when accused of casting out devils by the power of satan. Specifically Jesus said if "satan cast out satan he is a kingdom divided against himself and can not stand". If one says God afflicts and heals does that not also imply they accuse God of being a kingdom divided against Himself?

8. When referring to Job have you noticed that 1. Job did not even know satan existed and therefore attributed all things to God. He had no idea that he had an enemy. 2. Job also had no redemption purchased by Jesus Christ to give him access to the Father. Futher, Job had not been redeemed from the curse of the law mentioned earlier. Why then would the lack of knowledge and lesser covenant Job lived under be one we aspired to use as defending God's desire to make His people sick and diseased... or at least allow them to be so.

Well... that is enough questions to get the research flowing. Carlos is right... what does The Word actually say about this area. NOT personal opinions, testimonies, etc. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word. It seems to me that there is so little faith in this area because His Word is not known in this area. But it can be!

2012/8/19 23:30Profile

Re: Ok, here is your answer.

Brother Carlos,

Please give me a moment to comment on part of what you wrote to me. I quote:

"What I tire of is the seemingly constant questioning of my motives, the impugning of my character, false accusations, evil inuendos, slander, and the like that are sent my way when I come into forums and start asking questions or making points based on the Word. I understand the need to ask me of my motives so that is not directed at you but I also would encourage you and others to think the best of me unless you see reason to believe otherwise."

When you realize that you are under what seems to be "constant questioning" about your motives, then it would also seem good for you to prayerfully consider asking the Lord to help you present your questions and respond to answers in a way that will not raise suspect. You see, it is not that I have pride in asking your motives, unless everyone responding to you also has pride. It may be that your coming across in a way that you don't realize. You seemed very genuine and sincere in your response to me, and I can imagine that you could be that way to everyone. I think that would help.

I do not want to accuse you falsely, but please allow me to share an illustration of weakness in my own walk that may be akin to what you may be going through.

I have ministered before out of a little bit of anger, frustration, and discontent. Either it was due to my own insecurities and / or my great dissatisfaction with the church as a whole, as well as other things going on in the world around me at the time. But the point that matters is that my approach in ministering the gospel had to pass through a filter of frustration or discontent. It really showed up to others when I couldn't see it. It was not until I could get past that that I became a much more useful tool in the Lord's hands. I pray that you will consider letting Him show you if there is something you need to get past so that you can minister more effectively. I believe that you will, and that if that is the case He will help you like He did me.

Now, I am going to give you a short answer to your question first because I believe that is all that is necessary for someone like yourself who is a student of the word. Also, I will choose scriptural support (general references) just quickly and off the top of my head, so they will not be exhaustive.

The short answer is, "Yes." God does want everyone to be healed... ultimately. Since I am going to be brief, please allow me to number my thoughts. I think it will be easier to get it as I would like to say it.

1. God created all things saying, "And He saw that it was good." He did not create anything that was not whole, or healthy. Gen. 1
2. It was when sin entered the world through mankind that death came. Sickness and disease are some of the consequences of sin. Gen 3
3. Jesus Christ came to destroy the works of the devil (sin), to make alive, to restore, to heal, etc. I Jn 3:8; Luke 4:18-22, Acts 10:38
4. The most pronounced prophetic promises that pointed toward His first advent proclaimed Him as "Healer." The healing that He brought included for our physical bodies. Isaiah 9, 11, 35
5. He taught His disciples to pray saying, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." He wants the perfection (wholeness and fulness) of His Father's kingdom to reign on earth. Jesus introduced it personally as it should be. We know that in heaven where His kingdom is whole, there is no sickness, no sorrow, no crying, no pain, etc. Matt. 6, Rev. 21
6. We have been enabled by His authority and spiritual gifting to do what He did, and "even greater things." Jn 14:12, James 5:14
7. We have been commissioned to exercise that enabling. That includes to heal the sick in His name. Matt. 10, Luke 9, Mark 16, Acts, I Cor 12 - 14
8. That enabling and commissioning power was confirmed through the apostles and others according to the New Testament record. That record also reveals that the gifts and callings for edification of the body of Christ would continue until we have reached the full measure of Christ's stature. Eph. 3:20-21, 4:7-16 (13)
9. He confirms that He wants healing as well as other signs of His kingdom reign all over the world today. He has done it for centuries, and as feeble as I feel spiritually sometimes, even I have seem countless physical healings among the members of the body of Christ in third-world countries in particular. And I do not have the gift of healing.

Your question again: Does God want everyone to be healed? The Biblical answer is, "Yes," ultimately.

Now, in the meantime we are in process. There are several things going on that prevent the full healing that God desires ultimately - and not only for physical healing but for all things, even for "the nations." Rev. 20

Here are a few key factors in the battle against healing, and in the quest for healing.
1. We eat things that cause sickness and disease, so we bring it on ourselves sometimes. God may not heal us until we correct our eating habits. (common sense, Gal. 6:7)
2. We pick up things from the spread of germs and whatever. We should be cautious and use common sense and sensitivity to the Spirit as to how we handle some things. Mark 16

The reasons for some sicknesses and what to do about them are sometimes practical to overcome in a tangible way.

Then there is the spiritual aspect.
1. We are in a spiritual warfare, and part of the enemies ammunition is sickness and disease. Much of it comes through our biological inheritance. We should prayerfully and forcefully direct our spiritual authority to break those strongholds. Matt. 11:12, Luke 16:16, Eph. 6:10-18, II Cor. 10:5
2. God's priority right now is that we mature into Christ image. He will use various kinds of adversity as His instruments to help bring that about. Rom. 8:28-29, Heb 12
3. There may not be anyone present with the gift of healing for the one who is sick. I Cor. 12
4. There may not be enough faith toward God for healing, either by those who pray for by those being prayed for... and on and on. Matt 11:23, Heb 11:6
5. Sometimes unconfessed sins prevent healing. Jam. 5:14

The bottom line is that we do know that God wants to heal everyone ultimately, and that He has enabled and appropriated it through His people even today; but that the ultimate end will not come until... the end.

Sometimes we have weak faith.
Sometimes we have unconfessed sins.
Sometimes we are being groomed into His image through trial.
Sometimes the gifted ones for healing are just simply not present when needed.
Sometimes, a sickness is "unto death." (I Jn 5:16)

We should seek to discern exactly what the Lord is saying about what He wants to do with each individual's life at the moment they ask for healing. It is discernment that we need most. But oh, how we lack faith also. If we are uncertain how to pray, I would encourage that we pray for healing ultimately and expect the Lord to bring it about or to otherwise reveal what He is doing in the meantime so that the one who is sick can be comforted and encouraged in knowing God's will for that moment.

God does want to heal everyone, ultimately; but we must walk in faith and discernment to see know His perfect will and to see that will brought about in this hour.

Please excuse the hurried, messy writing as it is late and I must get some rest. I hope this did a bit of good for you, at least, and I hope that I don't get in trouble for much writing. I do appreciate those who work so hard to make this forum possible and I don't want to take advantage.

2012/8/20 0:47

Re:

We've had a number of great men of GOD that have died over these years, that most of us know from SermonIndex and I find it very offensive [for a lack of a better word], that anyone would question these men who requested prayer when first taken ill and their families and Church families fasted, prayed and ask all of us and others to pray with them and yet our dear Ministers died.

That's the main reason that some of these answers really goad me.

To think that they may have died because "the gifted ones for healing are just simply not present when needed" is something that I have NEVER heard of. I know there is the gift of healing - But would GOD not heal because these "gifted ones" are not there when needed??
We were taught that the gifts of 1Corth 12 are given to any Saint AS Needed. That these gifts are Not Resident - but ANY Saint can be used in Any of these gifts [including healing] "As He Wills".

IF it is GOD's Will to heal - he can use a child's prayer from miles away to heal or no one but the person themselves asking OR even being healed without even asking. [I've seen that as well]

We've all known men and women of GOD that have gone peacefully in their beds and GOD gave us these verses ...
Isa 57:1,2 "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness."

If a person is 'sane', of course they want to be healed and if it's GOD's Will - they Will be. But to say that HE wants ALL healed ... to me is playing GOD.

I not only believe and have been involved with those that have been healed but I also Very Much Believe in Miracles and have seen enough or plenty of them.

But, I'm sorry, I still find some of these answers offensive.

"Discernment" - ie "Hearing His Voice" I agree is the Most Lacking excercise of faith in the Church and it seems to be getting worse every decade.
He speaks whenever there's a prayer request and gives those that can Hear Him, a word of what is going on and what will happen - but most don't depend on the Voice of GOD our Good Shepherd - Jn 10.

Forgive me, but I'm finding portions of this thread offensive and more of a putting of GOD in our own box and not listening to the Scriptures that our other Brothers gave on this thread.

I have faith for another's healing and faith to hear GOD telling me [and others] by a witness in the spirit that this person 'is' to be healed and they have been - but at other times - The LORD will give that witness in our spirit that He is either using this infirmity to better use the person for others that are sick or a multitude of other reasons or that He wants to take this person Home -- which is the greatest gift of all - in some of our minds... as those verses posted above state -- which can be cross-referenced to Revelation 14:13 "And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

Thy Will Be Done - Always, LORD!

2012/8/20 7:21
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Solomon101 said

Quote:
I can't answer in full tonight but will ask a few questions that will begin to shed light on the topic if answered honestly.

and followed it with a list of questions.

I think this thread has taken a turn that can be very good if it everyone involved takes it in the right direction. That being the point that in all things doctrinal and perhaps controversial we need to look very carefully at what the word has to say about the issue and conform our thinking and opinion in every area to the word of God.

But, there are some barriers to this that I think we need to be aware of and intentionally overcome. First, we have a tendency to approach the Bible with our own doctrinal bias and then look for proof texts that fit, or seem to fit, our predetermined belief. We really have to be aware of this and fight the tendency to do so. I think we all have done this. "Well, I believe this about scripture. See, here are the texts that prove what I believe. This verse and this verse and this one." Never mind that we have pulled that verse out of context or ignored the verse in the next chapter.

Second, there are deeply held emotional and personal investments in our denominations and doctrines. I know of a belief or two that will get you kicked out of several churches, or at least shunned. And these beliefs are foundational New Testament teachings that are throughout scripture. We must commit ourselves to studying the word to show ourselves approved and to conforming ourselves to the word no matter the personal consequences. We must make the word of God first place, not our denominational slant on the word of God.

So I think solomon101's questions are ones that we really should focus on answering honestly from the word of God on this issue and allow our own fallible thinking to be conformed to the word of God on the issue.

Jesus-is-God: After your comment I had this thought come to me. I too have seen many great men of God die for one reason or another. Some were of a ripe old age and had lived a long life. Some were young. Some simply sat down and gave up the ghost. Some battled a sickness. Some, like my uncle who was hit by a car, died suddenly and without warning. But I don't think their deaths necessarily say anything about the will of God to heal. I know I am dancing around a very related issue that may need to be discussed and that is the doctrine of sovereignty. But scripture is clear that God's specifically stated will is not always accomplished. It is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance, yet not all come to repentance. So it is possible that it is His will for all to be healed and yet not all are healed. This would be especially true if we have anything to do with it, i.e. a response of faith in order to receive.

This does not have anything to do with our perception of the spirituality of that man of God. After all, God does not respond to us based on merit, but rather based on faith. In other words, there is no reason that a "great man of God" should be healed more readily than an "average Joe Christian". I would say that the fact that we, me included, have used the term "great men of God" demonstrates that somehow, in our minds, we hold the belief that God somehow has respect of persons in this regard or that God somehow responds to the "more spiritual" among us.

I encountered this one evening as I sought to pray with a teacher at a local Bible college for his own healing. He said that he did not believe it God's will to heal every person every time. When I asked why he responded that his mother was a very sainted woman and that if anyone deserved to be healed it was her, and yet she did not receive healing and died. Deep in his heart was the belief that God heals because we have earned it. Yet he would have fought tooth and nail against someone who taught legalism and impugned the doctrine of freely given grace.

So I think there is more to the issue than, "If it is God's will it will happen." As with salvation, faith is involved. We all know that sickness happens. We all know that the corruption of sin has taken hold of the physical world, i.e. sickness, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, diseases, birth defects, etc.. We also know that as believers we still live in physical, unregenerate bodies, so sickness is a battle for us as well. But this is not a commentary on the will of God, but rather a commentary on the effects of sin on the human race.

So lets study to show ourselves approved so that we might make proof of what the will of God really is.

Blessings all.

2012/8/20 8:31Profile
psalm1

Re:

QUOTE;"It would be nice if it were as simple as that, but your equation, which I have heard many times and used to try to believe, is a gross oversimplification of the subject. It would be nice if it were as simple as that, but your equation, which I have heard many times and used to try to believe, is a gross oversimplification of the subject."

You say you used to try and believe God is good?

QUOTE;"People who ascribe to this "formula" apparently don't object to it being God's will for Christians to suffer crippling injuries through accidents (like Joni Erickson Tada), or to die as a result of persecution or criminal violence. What is it about the common cold that God objects to, when he does not object to fatal car crashes or Christians being skinned alive and slowly roasted alive?

WITH ALL THAT SAID.... It is always my default position that when a person I know is sick or stricken with illness or injury that I will pray for a complete healing and command sickness to leave in Jesus' name. And I don't tack the phrase "if it be Your will" at the end, either. I think we need to boldly pray for healing, because I think that is what Jesus wants us to do. I simply cannot imagine refusing to pray for a sick person because "it might not be God's will."

So I guess the argument whether it is always God's will for a person to be well is something of an academic argument. Because regardless, I think we need to be praying for sick people to be healed. It is what Christians do."

I hear you say it is sorta God's will to heal.

Lets look in the new covenant,the on Jesus made.

James 5;15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Is It God's will to protect you? What if I could find a brother that seemingly was not protected and was hurt or died? Does that mean God does not want to protect?

Does God want to save everyone?What if I could show you someone that has never been saved even though a thousand folks have prayed for him? Does that mean God has no interest in his soul?

The same is true of healing.Some are not healed.That in no way makes it God's will for them to be sick.

By the way,have you heard this formula?;

God = Salvation
Devil = condemnation

It is the simple truths of the word that confound the human intellect

2012/8/20 8:51Profile
psalm1

Re:

An item to note "The prayer of FAITH will heal the sick"

The body of Christ has been fed the propaganda for so long that it "might not" be God's will to heal that it is no wonder so many are not healed.

How in the world am I going to have any faith if I believe God may not heal them?

No sir.It has to be settled in the minister that God WILL heal them.

What we see today are 'Peek-a-boo" prayers.We pray and then hope our lack of faith will be winked at then peek to see if by some miracle God healed them in spite of the depleted faith.

2012/8/20 9:05Profile

Re: Gift was not present for healing

Dear Brother,

I am so sorry that the truth I shared was an offense to you. Perhaps it was the way that I shared it. I thought that I was clear, but it was really late at night when I wrote it after a long day and I should have waited until I was rested to share on such an important subject. Brother Carlos seemed to be so honest in his desire to know about God's will for healing that I wanted to answer quickly and wrote hurriedly. I'll not do that again. Please accept my apologies for not doing a better job of explaining.

Let me explain more clearly regarding the one point that "offended" you. Regarding those who sometimes suffer due to the absence of those with the healing gift...

In the bigger picture, the whole world, including believers in the world (great or small) do suffer due to the lack of each one of us taking our place and maturing in that place (absence of) in the body of Christ. This is evidenced throughout the whole Bible record. Here is a specific verse that points to that suffering, even for believers, including the apostle Paul. He wrote this in first person, but inclusive of all believers.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:18-23

Notice the suffering is due to the lack of the wholeness of God's people on earth.

Whether they are great or small people in our eyes, all men and women are subject to suffer some things, sometimes needlessly. That is because we all need wholeness in the corporate body so that we may walk in wholeness individually too. There will not come total relief to the world and / or to believers in the world until the fulness of Christ is manifested. This is why the whole world groans under such distress. This is why (Paul emphasized) we speak with such emphasis on becoming mature unto the measure of Christ complete stature (Eph. 4:7-13) God's design for our wholeness, as Paul prayed that we would be completely whole, "spirit, soul and body," comes only through the corporate body functioning whole together and maturing. No man has all the gifts and callings of Jesus Christ, regardless of how we think of them; and even "great men of God" as you refer to them, can and do suffer needlessly sometimes. Even Paul, suffered due to the lack of attention he received from some of the churches (Phil. 2:30). Praise God that in that particular case, the Lord supplied through Epaphroditus. However, the word of God does not indicate that we (believers great and small) will not suffer sometimes due to the lack of other believers. It does indicate otherwise. Paul needed them, and we all need each other (II Cor. 8:14). Not only does this need apply to physical things, but also spiritual - even spiritual gifts. This is because each one's gift and call is to strengthen, and supply for the other what is lacking. Jesus Christ had the Spirit without measure (John 3:34), but every man and woman who is born again has "a measure of Christ gift."

I am not surprised to know that it would surprise some that even the blazing men and women who have gone before us actually needed the other members of the body (Phil. 4:12). They actually have need, and when that need is not fulfilled they lack. That can also relate to sickness and death.

"But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it." I Corinthians 12:18-26

By the way, just a reminder to you, brother. You seem like you have great honor and respect for God and for those to whom He has given much faith. God bless you for that. However, our Lord Himself said that no one, not even He was "good," only His Father in heaven (Mark 10:18). We are all Christ's workmanship are we not (Ephesians 2:8-10)? You may consider referring to some outstanding Christian men and women as those who God gave great faith to, rather than "great men of God." Just a thought.

If I have failed to make this truth clear this time about the reality that some believers also suffer sickness needless due to the absence of those with the gift of healing, can you explain to me clearly where I missed it; and please refer to the scriptures that I used as well as to those you would point out? I would appreciate that. Honestly. Otherwise, I praise the Lord that you understand now.

in His grace

2012/8/20 9:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy