SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Without mercy makes spiritual things as rituals

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
udaybhas

Without mercy makes spiritual things as rituals

Jesus Condemns the Scribes and Pharisees in several places of the bible. Even now also the spirit of Pharisees is a powerful weapon used by devil to pull down a believer.
Today I have learn that, A person can be ready for death for Christ or to do spiritual acts with out mercy on others. The story begins like this, I have scolded my wife and came out of my home and I was so emotional, prayed to God how I can overcome? By his grace I remembered verse from Pslam 4: 4-5. I started to meditate this.

"Pslam 4:4,5 In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be still. 5) Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust in the LORD."

Now, I tried to focus on last portion 'be still'. Ok I dont want to extend my anger anymore and stopped my thoughts in mind where-ever I am.

Next, focused on the first part of verse5 "Offer the sacrifices of righteousness"

Then I started to tell to God that My righteousness is Jesus not my work, etc. it continued.

Third I tried to "trust in the LORD" in this particular matter that he will give grace the to love her.

Finally, I started to read the Bible..and meditated Hebrews 4:15 (For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin)

I felt sad for what I done toward her.

Meanwhile, I got opportunity to confess about my mistake. She forgiven me in Christ. We both felt happy for Gods power available freely in Christ, to lift us form the pit of anger.

But during my temptation these are the voices I have heard
1) Do past continuously and show yourself how much spiritual you are.
2) Do whole night prayer so that she has to get fear of you.
3) she is not correct for you
4) Your spiritual life is shaky, eventhough you came through repentance, faith, water baptism,and baptism in spirit.
5) It will continuous through-out your life.
6) You have so much zeal for Christ, even you are ready to die but she don't know the spiritual things?
7) Whatever she say they are from devil.

I understood that without mercy on others also my mind is eagerly wait to perform some spiritual things as rituals. All above thoughts(1,2.7) tried to pull down my spiritual joy.

By the Resurrection power I am able to tell to devil that "I am not a child to hear your voice. I will fall in the ways of God so that he will make me correct. His Resurrection power is far better than this problem. The power used to rise Christ from death is far far grater than the power required to deliver from this problem."

I praise the Lord that he allowed temptation so that I learn spiritual truths, Other wise I may not learn these things practically.

2012/8/18 13:19Profile

Re: Without mercy makes spiritual things as rituals

I relate to this. I struggle with unmerciful thoughts. I struggle with the spirit of a pharisee. I'm just hoping someday I get delivered from it. In the Spirit I don't have these problems, its when I stray the devil gets a foothold.

Thanks for the honest confession.

Bless you

2012/8/18 13:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy