SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The threat of Islam, other threats and a hunger and thirst for God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

The threat of Islam, other threats and a hunger and thirst for God

After recently evangelising at the Olympics seeing the eclectic group of Christians from around the world fighting against every group possible as there was as many as 20 muslims to every 1 christian. Then there was the Vegans, Jehovah witnesses, Morman and other cultic groups that kept a very low profile. Then the dodgy Christians and ecumenical Christians and people who did not want to present a gospel message and call themselves Christians.

The muslims had brought the best people down from Speakers Corner of some of whom I know and who probably know the bible better than most christians and commentaries. Which so breaks my heart. As Art Katz says the Gospel needs to be pronuounced in the churches before out on the streets as such few christians know it. The thing I loved was the fact that at the Olympics was christians from all over the world proclaiming the gospel as Revelation says.

Revelation 21
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. 22 And I saw no temple therein : for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth , neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

With reading so many christian books i have found that people have tended to put there heretical writings in other books, with tim kellers book or the new third way books which are coming in influx these books tend to be books that say they are not conservative or not liberal but a third way which is emergent church teaching which deny some of the general things delivered unto the saints.

What I find most depressing is the higher scholarly level you go the more people deny which filters down to the average believer. What has usually has been the case has to been to neglect learning things as most of out muslim, jewish, atheist counterparts tend to study at a scholarly level and take out new believers in christ or people who do not know a lot.
In the uk we have a church that is not very intellectual or which cannot defend why it believes what it believes and does not know when christians deny fundemental doctrines such as the Deity of Christ or virgin birth, resurection and other doctrines which Walter Martin says major cults deny.

Jude 1:3 KJV
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

As most of these people are so well read you would not tend to read any out of the ordinary theology in there ordinary books but you would need to read more than one book to see something is wrong.

I so long for the holy spirit in my life more and a deeper hunger and thirst after his word as I feel as dry as a desert. I so long to pray more longer. I so wish I had more money for books. I so long for a greater time in Gods presence but also to learn more like no time before.

What most people dont think is that christianity is at war, we have not woken up to the fact, From within, without.
With the numerous books that deny the faith give unto the saints, it seems we do not call a duck a duck even thou it has wings like a duck and has a beak like a duck.

2 Timothy 2:4
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

All I can really say is jesus help me as the numerous reports of christian persecution floods in from every tribe, toungue and nation in both mental and physical ways.
As a christian in breaks my heart to know that christians are going through this but we know jesus is greater. Then we have christians in churches who struggle to make ends meet, get married because of finances, cancer.

Psalm 40:12
12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up ; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

Sometimes like Gideon I cry

Judges 6:13 KJV
And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying , Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.

and also a hunger a thirst after truth as we live in an age of lies, so wanting a true revival or to hear truth from our pulpits.

Jeremiah 9:1 KJV
Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

Romans 15:13 KJV
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing , that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Like David my sins and compass me and so want to be reconciled with people i have hurt, I need the god of all hope

2012/8/18 5:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy