Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : God Wants You Healed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

God Wants You Healed

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:38). So first of all healing is good. And second sickness is of the devil not God. God anointed Jesus for the purpose of healing (Luke 4:18). Notice Jesus was teaching one day and it says, "The power of the Lord was present to heal them" (Luke 5:17). So God uses his power to heal not to make sick. And notice people sought to touch him, people came to him to lay his hands on them, they ran and got all the sick and laid them in the streets so that they could touch his garment, they decided they were going to receive their healing not God. That's why God supplied the power for their healing. They sought him so that let's me know that it's not about if it's God's will, but their decision to go and receive. Have you noticed that Jesus never prayed for God to heal someone. He never told his disciples to pray to God to heal someone, he said you heal them. They didn't have to pray to God for him to heal someone because they already knew his will and he already supplied his power. Notice Jesus told his disciples to pray, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven." Are there any sick in heaven, no, so God doesn't want any sick on the earth.

The blood of Jesus purchased your healing. Just as God wants everyone saved, he wants everyone healed they are both by the same blood. Can you imagine taking someone out to a buffet and paying for them to eat and then not wanting them to eat. And yet, that's how some people view God. He sent his only begotten son to purchase your healing with his blood, so why would he not want you healed (2Peter 2:24). Healing has to be received. Notice Jesus didn't just go to people they came to him to receive healing. Jesus was full of grace and truth and people came to him to receive grace from him. And that power is present today. That's why Jesus said it was good that he go away so that the Comforter would be sent. Now that power is present everywhere at all times. And God does not change, the power was present to heal then and it is present to heal now.

2012/8/17 23:41Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: God Wants You Healed

Are you willing to say that if you a person doesn't get healed it is because they didn't have enough faith in God in order to be healed? For this is what the Word of Faith teachers preach as well and it nonsense.

2012/8/17 23:55Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Are you willing to say that if you a person doesn't get healed it is because they didn't have enough faith in God in order to be healed? For this is what the Word of Faith teachers preach as well and it nonsense.

Yup. Un-Scriptural rubbish.

2012/8/18 0:07Profile
proudpapa

We have to be careful to not throw the Baby out with the bath water, Scripture does clearly teach Healing. Our Supernatural God is Big enough to heal.

2012/8/18 1:09Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

No one doubts that God can and does heal today. It's a blasphemous insult though to say that because someone is not healed is simply because of their "lack of faith".

2012/8/18 1:18Profile
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

Hi EverestoSama.
I am not in disagreement. The thorn remained in Pauls flesh and I know of no one that has the amount of faith as Paul.

2012/8/18 1:22Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

For sure. Same Paul that left Trophimus sick at Miletus. Someone needs to chastise Paul for his lack of faith. Then again, the "Word of Faith" preachers who made these false teachings popular probably have the lowest and misconstrued understanding of the Hebrew and Greek concept of faith that I've seen.

:P

2012/8/18 1:25Profile
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

Hi EverestoSama good insight, I had never noticed that before "but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick"

2012/8/18 1:31Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Yeah, not to mention that same faithless Paul who advised Timothy to take a little wine for the sake of his stomach and frequent ailments. Poor Paul should have known that he just needed to prescribe the "taking of a little faith" instead.

Paul who was beaten, stoned, shipwrecked, persecuted, betrayed, and imprisoned for Christ's sake. Paul who heard the audible voice of the Lord Jesus, and went into Arabia to learn from Him. Who was raptured whether in body or out of he couldn't say, who saw things so glorious he wasn't even permitted to speak them. Who prophesied for the future about the deception that would infiltrate the church (WOF for one), and warned the church with tears of the perverse teachings of the ravenous wolves who would come after him. Who saw legitimate miracles, and healings, and resurrections by the power of God. Who wrote more about faith than any other author in our Bible. Who had such faith that it eventually cost him his physical life.

I'm so glad that in the 21st century we have a better understanding of "faith" and healing than Paul's incomplete picture of it. As I'm sure the WOF teachers of today can boast much better resumes than Paul could have.

(In case English might not be the readers' first language, my tone is nothing but sarcastic)

2012/8/18 1:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy