SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christ in you! Really? Yeah! Really!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Christ in you! Really? Yeah! Really!

Highest Greetings to All the Saints Scattered Abroad,

Here's a good thought!

Col 1:27 "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." nkjv

Wow! Every time I think of this scripture and all that it means, I can hardly take it in! I just want to live it out! "Christ in you, the hope of (God's) glory!"

Let's encourage each other day by day to let Him really live through us in all things. Isn't it great to know that we don't have to walk in the flesh. We are no longer slaves to sin or hopelessly bound to who we were before we were adopted through Jesus Christ. I was only nine years old when I was born again, and God kept me from a lot of things by His grace, but I still realize the awful consequences of the glory of myself. I don't want it and regret every moment when I have ever allowed me to shine. Oh, goodness! What a stench! But now that we are in Christ and He is in us, we can manifest the glory of God - literally! We can walk in love, forgiveness, grace, goodness, joy, and on and on. We have hope in the midst of the world's collapse too! We can endure long-suffering, growing stronger when we are weak. We can know the wisdom of God by the mind of Christ we have been given, and make right decisions. We can demonstrate the power of God according to the gifts and callings He has chosen to give each one of us. We can answer softly in the face of wrath. We can speak peace and expect it in the midst of turmoil that may surround us and through emotionally charged storms. SO MANY things that we can do now that Christ is in us and we are in Him!

Anyone care to add to this list! It is literally endless!

Something to think about and live out today!

2012/8/17 14:36
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Christ in you! Really? Yeah! Really!

Hi Proclaimit,

This is truly the most wonderful hope. Just as the Father dwelt in the Son, and the Son in the Father, and to hear the Son was to hear the Father, and to see the Son was to see the Father, for He spoke only what the Father was speaking and did only what the Father was doing... so with us now. If Christ-- because of the Holy Spirit-- dwells in us, and we in Him, let Him shine forth from us then, so that those who hear us hear Him, those who see us see Him...

...So that "to Him be glory in the church..."

Oh, let us give ourselves to this hope! This is what it is all about.

Allan H.

2012/8/17 16:47Profile

Re: Amen, brother!

Amen, brother! I like that!

How good God is that He would dwell among us; and give us this living hope that we have. And just imagine, He is going to deliver us from this present world one day unto eternal life! How can we not pour Him out to others all around? How can we not permit His gifts in us to flow out to His body on earth? We simply must! What a privilege to let our cup run over so that they too, might behold His glory and enter in! I praise the Lord that it is not through the anxiety of the flesh or of the mind that we show Him, but rather it is by the overflow of His life lived through us. The labor is ours, but the burden is His. How restful and joyful to know that His glory is revealed through us without the toil of carnal stress and man-made agendas, but by His Spirit's personal directive according to each one's gift and call. It is His overflow!

"For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea." Habakkuk 2:14

2012/8/17 17:51
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

John 15:7

Proclaimit,

Your post has revealed what I chant under my breath all day long: "Christ in me, me in Thee, the Hope of Glory" -

Whenever I'm afraid, unsure, or approaching anything which seems insurmountable this is my mantra.

Thank you for bringing glory to this Word,

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/17 18:37Profile

Re: John 15:7

Praise the Lord, brother KP!

What a comfort to know that even though in the world we have tribulation, we can "be of good cheer." He has overcome the world! John 16:33

For many, this is just a common statement; but for you it seems to be a reality. He HAS overcome the world indeed, and He HAS enabled us through Him to do the same. I am reminded of Psalm 105 at the moment.

It begins this way:

"O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;" Psalms 105:1-5

He goes on to remind us that it is "HE" that has done such great things!

1. He is the Lord our God! (not America, or any other thing that we would look to for our hope and victory)
2. He suffered no man to do them wrong. (His people were always under His care and guard)
3. He reproved kings for their sakes. (no authorities can go beyond the limits He sets on them concerning His people)
4. He called a famine, and He broke the staff of bread. (to show Himself strong on behalf of His people when all the world was in trouble - and to cause all to fear Him)
5. He sent a man before them. (to have in place the one through whom He would provide for His people in famine)
6. He made him lord of his house. (to administer grace to His people in the time of need that was sure to come)

...and on, and on, and on, and on, and on!

Let us rejoice in the Lord, our Lord, and our God! He shall give us strength in the time of trouble and be glorified through us for HIS name's sake!

2012/8/17 22:40
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

It all comes down to living according to the Spirit and making no compromise for the flesh. When those compromises arise it is by faith we walk out of those areas and according to the Spirit. It is in those time that we can have an understanding of the war between the flesh and the Spirit. Is it that walk of faith through that fire that allowed me to stay out of certain troubled while in my early 20's. Having the goodie goodie tag attached to you by others and then using that tag experience as a teaching tool to educate others on the gospel and the reality of the Spirit and the flesh and the lusts thereof.

2012/8/18 0:00Profile

Re: How Right You Are!

I think you hit the nail on the head, brother. Its all a matter of walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh. His glory is free to really shine when we do that.

Hey. I posted a brief word about Rom. 6-8 on our website just a couple of days ago. That passage is SUCH a blessing when we really get a grip on it. The Lord really gave me some fresh insight into those three chapters recently and I would love to share it with you.

As you say. It is all about walking in the Spirit! Let's do it! If you would like to read the brief article I wrote recently about victory in living the righteous life, just go here: www.proclaimit.org

But then be sure and come back for more fellowship!

2012/8/18 0:31

Re: Christ in you! Really? Yeah! Really!

Yes it is true that we have Christ Himself living and residing within us. Now this is not a positional truth but we really have the actual living Christ within us. We are now the holy temple of God. We are a now a NEW creation.

Look what Paul said in Acts 17:28, "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring."

He, Himself is our Victory, Righteousness, Joy, Peace, Love for He is our very Life and existence.

He is our ONLY hope of glory. We can have no hope at all without knowing and embracing this truth.

2 Cor. 1:20, "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us."

Now the truth is even greater then this. We have been crucified with Christ and are dead and buried in him.

Now this is not a positional truth but we really have been crucified with Christ and are dead and buried in Him and we have been FREED from sin.

Romans 6:4-7, "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Gal. 2:20-21, "I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

Having Christ within us and relying in Him is the only essence of true Christianity.

All religions including the Christian Religion puts all of it emphases on what you can do to become what God intends you to be. All your energy, efforts, time and works are spent in the vain attempt to be all that God wants you to be.

True Christianity is only based on what God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us through the cross and the resurrection. The truth is we are now complete in Christ because we now have Christ, Himself living within us. We do not have to waste any of our energy, efforts, time and works in the vain attempt to be all that God wants us to be because He has already made us to be everything He wants us to be.

Now our energy, efforts, time and works are only the RESULT of who we already are in HIM!!!!

We can not do anything to somehow improve ourselves or make us more acceptable to God. God, Himself has already done that for us in Christ.

2 Cor. 5:14-15,"For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."

Ask God to open your eyes the reality of what God in Christ has already accomplished for you and in you through the cross and the resurrection.

2012/8/18 8:11
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brothers, what you all have so well described in your posts is more
Than just a doctrine or a good thought, but it is a living reality through
the revelation of the Holy Spirit. It is true Christianity that Christ is becoming the life of our lives, our everything, our all in all.

Mike

2012/8/18 8:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy