SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone use ISA Interlinear Scripture Analyzer?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Does anyone use ISA Interlinear Scripture Analyzer?

Just wondering if anyone uses this program? I have it have have used it for certain studies.

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Blessings

2012/8/16 20:03
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Does anyone use ISA Interlinear Scripture Analyzer?

Though you could use this and benifit from it, the author of the concordant translation Adolph Ernst Knoch http://www.concordant.org started to believe there is no literal eternal hell and other doctrines. I would be very careful with this translation personally.

The logic is there is only 1 english word for every greek word used. But this does not work in language and can cause great confusion in bible translation.

If you have any good version of the bible you can read it very slowly and get 90% of most of the greek nuances from it.

2012/8/16 20:10Profile

Re:

The concordant translation is the greek/hebrew used?

But Greg are you sure? When I view ISA in the CV line (concordant version?) it lists more than one word very often.

For example: 2 Peter 1:10 G4704 says in the CV line "BE-YE-DILIGENT"

Do I understand correctly what you are saying?

I don't mean to waste your time!

2012/8/16 20:30
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

Quote:
For example: 2 Peter 1:10 G4704 says in the CV line "BE-YE-DILIGENT"

yes some of the words they use are a "phrase" so for every single occourance of G4704 in greek they will use that same naming convention in english. Of couse we can get some light from this and help but it seems they have forced this to happen and "make it" work.

I personally had a hardcopy of the Corcondant version and used it for a month until I found out some of the belief's of the organization that developed it. I trust that helps you in discerning this and how you use that tool. E-sword works just as well in many ways and has a great KJV-Greek version for free.

2012/8/16 21:24Profile

Re:

ok great thanks for the info. I will use with caution.

Blessings

Noah

2012/8/16 21:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy