SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Be cool and don't tense

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
udaybhas

Be cool and don't tense

As an young believer, Initially either I try to escape or getting depression in my suffering times. Here I would like to say suffering in me is the battle between my spirit and body, not the external things. My body longing to see filthy movies but spirit is trying me to avoid so that I may be win the battle. So many times I lost in this spiritual game. But whenever I loose the game, I was full of tears, and asked God's forgiveness with repentance. Although, it repeated several times I did not understood what is happening to me. I cried before the lord.
I prayed like this "God there are several people better than me, I am so weak, I am not able to stand for you.Why did you choose me? I want to see your hand in this area. Please show your grace on me."
After several days I saw the Gods hand in this area of my life. I also saw whenever I get pride I used to fallen also. However, First time I enjoyed the helping hand of God to overcome the sinful nature. Now I know what is the value of the overcoming life in a particular area. The failures in past giving me more strength (showing me how horrible is my situation that time), now I don't want to enjoy in filthy movies.
In this way lustful suffering gave me strength to overcome . If it is not there I will think I am good in this area.
But praise the lord that he showed how much weak I am. I don't forget his mercy on me.
After this I saw several of enemies against God in me. Previously I don't know about them. Then onwards I started to seek Gods mercy in every suffering of sin. Still I am failing in some of the areas (Laziness,anger,underestimate others,and etc.). Now I am praying that "God I need a rapid change in these areas So that I may get more light in me to please you more.
God is sufficient in our sufferings.

If anybody frequently getting anger say to lord that "Thank you lord for showing my anger to me, also allowing reasonable temptation in my life so that one day I will get-rid of this anger in my life through your grace. (Form one brother suggestion, one day is not correct here, Everytime we fall we need to believe that his grace is sufficient to help me overcome starting now.)
Be cool,don't tense, when body/Satan forcing to do sin in you. Endurance and patience we need (col 1:11) in the time of suffering then we will see the glory of the lord in our life.

2012/8/16 12:54Profile

Re: Be cool and don't tense

You hit a very key point -- "Laziness".

Pro 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

"Laziness" is "SELF Indulgence". What do we do when we're lazy?

This is the one that stumbles more times than most weaknesses.

If we are to be here on earth FOR others and not for ourselves alone - we will have the welfare of others on our minds - just as Jesus did.

It is when we are 'self-indulging' that we are not doing the work that was created for us to do By Him - and we have made that lazy time, that the enemy of course, will use to tempt us.

With each "self-indulgence" our guilt causes "Anger".
We're really 'angry' at ourselves - but it snaps out at others.

Memorizing that important verse from Proverbs - helps us to see that we are here to "Live for others' welfare" and gets our eyes off of selfish-self that wants to be "catered to" rather than cater to others' needs.

We will be doing what He would have us to do, when we serve and help others and our time to think of what lusts of the flesh are calling out to us to be satisfied are not able to be heard - as we are too busy "listening for His Voice" to help us to help others only.

Self-indulgence [as the world calls "ME time"] is what we need to discern in ourselves - Is it from GOD at the moment our flesh begins to demand "me time" or is it one to fight!
We need the veil on our eyes to be cleared with His eye-salve to discern what is calling out for 'our time'.

Thank you for your post. It will help others and may it be the beginning of a Very Fruitful rest-of-your-life.

2012/8/16 13:10
Sree

Re: Be cool and don't tense

Great post. I wish there were more posters here sharing from their own life and talking about Practical Christianity. But sadly only posts on Theology gets attention here resulting in battle.
Your post showed me the need for brokenness and also the need for faith that Christ can save us. To seek his power than mine.
I have a small correction though

Quote:

If anybody frequently getting anger say to lord that "Thank you lord for showing my anger to me, also allowing reasonable temptation in my life SO THAT ONE DAY I will get-rid of this anger in my life through your grace.
Be cool,don't tense, when body/Satan forcing to do sin in you. Endurance and patience we need (col 1:11) in the time of suffering then we will see the glory of the lord in our life.

I don't believe it is right. It is not that one day we will suddenly become overcomer. IT is starting today. Everytime we fall we need to believe that his grace is sufficient to help me overcome starting now.

One's in Zac Poonen's Church in Bangalore India, a person came to pulpit after the message and confessed that he has been struggling with anger against his children and wife after he comes home tired from work. He said he has been struggling everyday with this and he will overcome one day. Once he returned to his chair, the elder of Church called him to pulpit to confess his hope that starting now he will never get angry again and God's grace is enough to help him.

The people who came to Christ for healing did not tell him one day you will heal me. They all believed that Christ can heal them immediately.

2012/8/16 13:15Profile
udaybhas

Re:

Thank you brother for your suggestion.
I believe overcoming starts right now by the grace of God.

2012/8/16 13:48Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Good post! Thanks for sharing!

2012/8/16 14:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy