Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : John 14:21 question

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

[by SonsofLevi on 2012/8/16 18:39:29
For those who have experienced this, there is no reason to describe the experience. For those who have not, it is impossible to describe. Only believe]
--

Actually I kinda disagree with your viewpoint. I think Tim Conway's clips are very important and help us a lot with our assurance. THings that I've experienced in the past and things that I've experienced now, I understand better the context of it. Also, it gives one more motivation and encouragement to chase after God for those who have never experienced it or have experienced it to a lesser degree.

Also, I don't think one can really walk Christ's life in the long run (ie until one dies physically) if one does not have this type of assurance/witness.

Anyway this is just my personal viewpoint. No hard feelings.

2012/8/16 22:09Profile
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Re:

No hard feelings taken. I was referring to the manifest Presence of God Himself. The Scripture itself can't even describe it, for words always fall short, it can only liken it to something, but the actual manifest Presence of God Himself face to face has to be experienced to be known, not described.

2012/8/16 22:26Profile
learn

Re:

You may very well be right SonsofLevi. Thanks for sharing.

2012/8/17 0:59Profile
learn

Re:

[by onemite on 2012/8/16 18:17:28
So what is it to keep His word again? What are his commands?
I think they are:
"Follow Me!" They are the steps that keep us walking that narrow path that leads to life which is a person- and we cannot so much as walk it unless it is the life of Christ in us doing the work.
Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.]

--
...and we cannot so much as walk it unless it is the life of CHrist in us doing the work---thank you onemite. That's one of the most beautiful sentence you have written and so important to understand and I'm just beginning to grasp it.

BTW, love your username onemite--1 little step at a time isn't it.

2012/8/17 4:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy