SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

At first I thought this was a joke, and I was looking for the punch line. Okay, I see it is not, and so I'll share some of my own thoughts on the matter:

What we understand about ourselves, others, and God is not necessarily perfect truh. To some extent it be quite false, even if we don't recognize it as such. Truthfulness is something that we grow in through the Spirit's work in our lives - as our faith grows.

Rahab, who hid the spies, was an honest person because she acted out of real faith. She recognized truthfuness about God and God's ways with sin - and trusted him. Thus she hid God's servants in her home, and protected their lives by telling their pursuers a "lie". It was an act of faith through which she revealed her integrity and trustworthiness. To betray the spies by disclosing their wherabouts would have been the antithesis of love - as in the great commandment. It would also have revealed her loyatly to her own people over and above the God of the Hebrews.

God looks at the intent of the heart. That's where he saw that Rahab had faith. Contrast that with Peter's denial of Christ - which was not a faith response, but a fear response.

It seems that original question misses the meaning of truthfulness, and so it is not a valid question.

Diane

2012/8/15 14:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

God looks at the intent of the heart. That's where he saw that Rahab had faith. Contrast that with Peter's denial of Christ - which was not a faith response, but a fear response.

It seems that original question misses the meaning of truthfulness, and so it is not a valid question.

Diane

GOD does look at the intent of the heart, that is true. The motivation of our hearts does matter to GOD.

God bless
mj

2012/8/15 15:14Profile

We all do, but we all will not, as He transforms us...hopefully.

"How many lies does it take to be a liar?"...Well, the answer would be when one gets to the point that he loves doing it, and practices the doing of it.

This is an indeterminate number as it is assessed as a mortal sin only by God Himself. Abraham lied about Sarah as his sister...or at least misled; a little white lie, but God showed no judgment. Saul of Samuel fame committed one act, and quoted a justifiable lying reason for saving the cattle, and keeping the king alive...and it seemed he immediately was judged, and never forgiven.

Jesus named Himself as THE TRUTH, and cannot by nature lie, as the Holy Spirit cannot. As was said; "To be human,
IS to err." In some arenas, we all lie, and especially in the Pride arenas, and what we think about ourselves.

"For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?

Certainly not!
!Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar.!

As it is written:

“That You may be justified in Your words,
And may overcome when You are judged.

"But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters,
....... and whoever loves and practices a lie."

God shows mercy, and chastises all of us liars, that we may become like Him, but if we reject the Truth, judgment is sure.

But He forbears with us if we reject the lie and hold Him in honesty and goodness; that is where He broods.

" But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart,

and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance."

2012/8/15 16:58
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re:

Bearmaster said: "Sigh!!!!! This forum is going downhill real fast."

I don't understand this comment. It does nothing to edify the body. If you are calling to question the vagueness or relevance of the question, why is it you yourself started another thread asking "Do we need to know the Scriptures?" I do not see this forum going "downhill." This has been a wonderful forum for many believers and nonbelievers.

I do not wish to start anything, but really felt this tugging at me.

In love,

2012/8/15 17:27Profile

Re:

wow... really... wow... Our works will do nothing to get us into heaven - So are you saying that God will overlook our sinful behavior if we do works for others?

God says in HIS word - "ALL liars will have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone." Now, I could be wrong but the last time I checked, the lake that burns with fire and brimstone is HELL...I don't think our HOLY God will overlook any behavior that is sin - lying, cheating, adultery, stealing, fornication, covetousness, and even worshiping graven images or idols

I pray God speaks truth into your heart my friend and I know that I'll be chastised by the moderator for posting this but it's time for people to stand up for Christ...I don't fear what man can do to me I fear what God thinks of me. Its real easy to say your a "Christian" but it takes a lot more than clicking a "like Christianity" button on your Facebook page to be a True Christian.

2012/8/16 16:56

Re:

Understand that his conscience has been seared... he doesn't want to hear the gloom and doom preaching .. he would rather walk into a building he calls church with a smartphone in one hand, and a coffee in the other sporting some Bermuda shorts while putting his feet up in the altar saying just tell me how blessed i am, tell me i'm okay, tell me everything's gonna be okay ...all the while watching PowerPoint presentations about a God he doesn't even know... It's sad to say but some of today's "Christians" know NO more about God then the pagan that sits in the bar on Sundays.

2012/8/16 17:02
MaryJane

Re:

by Fishn4Souls1 on 2012/8/16 10:56:39

wow... really... wow... Our works will do nothing to get us into heaven - So are you saying that God will overlook our sinful behavior if we do works for others?

Sorry but which post are you responding to?
Edit: there are a few who have tried to answer your original post I just don't know from your answer who it is you are posting back to?

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/16 17:05Profile

Re: corrie ten boom

MaryJane,

Sorry i don't know how to reply inside a specific post.. but that statement wow... was for the author that spoke of Corrie Ten Boom

2012/8/16 17:10
MaryJane

Re:

by Fishn4Souls1 on 2012/8/16 11:10:53

MaryJane,

Sorry i don't know how to reply inside a specific post.. but that statement wow... was for the author that spoke of Corrie Ten Boom

No worries, if I may offer a tip that will help. I copy the portion of the other persons post and paste in my reply that way others know who I am speaking to. Like I did above with your post to me :)

Again wanted to welcome you to the forum. There are some really great teachings here. Ten Shekels and a Shirt is one of my favorites.

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/16 17:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
So are you saying that God will overlook our sinful behavior if we do works for others?

Look at how you reworded my words. The devil does the same thing, he rewords what is written to create an accusation.

I said, "God winks at this and sees it as nothing when we are sacrificing our lives for others."

Where do you see "works for others" in that?

Sacrificing yourself for the sake of others is not working for others.

The ultimate of love is to lay down your life for the brethren. This is love and that great woman of faith Corrie Ten Boom did.

The scriptures says, "Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever LOVETH and maketh a lie.

Do you think that this godly woman loved to make lies? Do you think she wanted to lie? Certainly not.

I can tell you of a truth, she was repenting that she lied, but a lie that she had to do to save lives.

The Pharisees never saw that about the Lords work on earth, all they saw was his supposed unrighteous behaviour concerning the law. They didn't see the God of mercy in the scriptures, all they saw was cause and effect. If you don't obey the law, you die! That was their thinking.

OH BUT wait a minute, Ah YES. MERCY overrode everything. Have you not read,

Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

David was such a man. His first child from Bathsheba was judged to die instead of David. God had mercy on David and would not impute sin. Even when He numbered Israel, God would not impute sin, God killed David's countrymen instead.

This man committed adultery, fornicated with another mans wife, schemed and plotted against her husband and killed him and God spared his life and killed the child instead.

Yet this Holy God spared this man from death, for the law required that he and Bathsheba should be stoned to death and without mercy.

You talk like I was at one time, filled with religion. I was a Pharisee to the core, I demanded exactness, but I lacked mercy. I looked down at everyone that didn't line up to the word of God. But mercy cast me down to the ground and God taught me to be merciful before lifting a hand to judge.

Each man that saw the injured Samaritan looked upon him and judged, but one came along who didn't care what this man had done to deserve such a calamity, he had mercy on him. Picked him up, tended to his wounds and left him in the care of some Pastors.

Quote:
I pray God speaks truth into your heart my friend and I know that I'll be chastised by the moderator for posting this but it's time for people to stand up for Christ...I don't fear what man can do to me I fear what God thinks of me. Its real easy to say your a "Christian" but it takes a lot more than clicking a "like Christianity" button on your Facebook page to be a True Christian.

Personally I don't like clicking "I like Christianity" in face book. I find those links to be quite foolish.

Thank you for your prayers brother, we need all the prayers we can get.

2012/8/16 19:05

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy