SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Question

How many lies does it take to be a liar?

2012/8/15 10:00

Re: Question

Sigh!!!!! This forum is going downhill real fast.

2012/8/15 10:11
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

The answer is NONE.....you simply have to be born of Adam.

2012/8/15 10:12Profile
SkepticGuy

sum1 is trying to sell his book. notice the tag at the bottom of his post. it's spam.

2012/8/15 10:27Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

The same amount of times it takes to steal to be a thief. :)

2012/8/15 10:28Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Fishn4Souls1 on 2012/8/15 4:00:51

How many lies does it take to be a liar?

Your question reminded me of a conversation I had with some young ones a few years ago.Although its not exactly the same it did remind me, we were discussing movies at the time and they were sharing how they felt that pg 13 movies were not so bad because they did not use as much profanity and they did not take the LORDS name in vain as often. I asked them what was the line then that is drawn that makes taking GODS name in vain a sin, how many times was acceptable in their minds vs how many times does GOD say he will ignore it? As I remember no one really had an answer for that one. I believe some said they would pray about it. I said I would do so also...after praying I realized that the attitude about the whole thing was wrong. They were always looking to see how far they could go with out crossing the line of sin, it was like how much can I get away with before I offend GOD. I realized that the attitude alone was an affront to GOD. The real question should be does this movie regardless of "how clean" it is offend GOD and if the answer is yes then we should stay clear of it. GOD is offended when we take HIS name in vain even just one time, its not about seeing how close to the flame you can get before getting burned, its about loving the LORD so much that you don't even consider lighting the match:)

So how many lies does it take to be a liar? What do you think? I'm pretty sure GOD has an opinion on this actually in HIS WORD. That is the best place to find the answer :)

Welcome to forum. I hope your time here will be blessed:)

God Bless
mj

2012/8/15 10:31Profile

Re:

"That is the best place to find the answer :)"

Amen!
:)

2012/8/15 10:38

Re:

May God richly bless you my friend... I don't need SermonIndex to help sell my book... matter of fact i'm pretty sure that some of you that post here would absolutely reject it...it speaks Gospel Truth..not just what makes you feel good... So I am eager to get it into as many hands as the Lord will allow... so I assure you i'm not spam and I assure you that I will freely give away my book to anyone that asks.

Matthew

2012/8/15 13:22
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother and Sisters,

Let us not accuse each other and slander each other, this is not the way of Christ. Philippians 2:3 Let us value each other above ourselves.

I believe the comment the brother made about the forums is that we desire not to have one line points but more thoughtful longer posts and discussions.

So I hope that clears that up. Bless you brother.

2012/8/15 13:34Profile

When Corrie Ten Boom refused to tell the SS Guard of the whereabouts of the jews she was holding behind her closet wall, she denied that she was hiding Jews.

Was she a liar?

Yes she was.

But I want to share something with you about the love of God.

God winks at this and sees it as nothing when we are sacrificing our lives for others.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

2012/8/15 14:35

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy