Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "Philadelphia woman faces $600..."

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

"Philadelphia woman faces $600..."

Check this out:

Philadelphia woman faces $600-a-day fine for feeding needy neighborhood kids

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/14/philadelphia-woman-faces-600-day-fine-for-feeding-needy-neighborhood-kids/?test=latestnews#ixzz23Zkyfdk4

Back when Communism ruled Eastern Europe, it was illegal to render assistance to those in need, esp. Christians who had family members imprisoned. EDIT: is this where modern gov officials are getting their inspiration in governing?

This is an example of legalism run crazy.

2012/8/14 22:06Profile

Re: "Philadelphia woman faces $600..."

This is so insane. Let the old girl alone to her giving, I hope people will rise up against this town for thier insolence.

It's the Pharisees all over again, instead of looking at the good work or miracle as wonderful, they scan the law looking for something to come against godly charity.

2012/8/14 22:24
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Part of what makes this difficult is that the program providing the food gets government funding. If you accept money from the government you do it on their terms.

...the borrower is the slave of the lender.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/im-not-stopping-penn-woman-faces-600-daily-fine-for-feeding-hungry-children/

2012/8/14 22:38Profile

Dear Ginnyrose,

Other than a brief revival, this is what Revelations speaks on. I have never been imprisoned for the faith, but I have experienced the torment of having judges and other government officials stand against what was right, almost losing my children to a very wicked man, and the officials playing an active role in my son's death.

Corrie Ten Boom's book, The Hiding Place, is one of many excellent books on how to live faithfully for the Lord during a time when the post you wrote about will be commonplace. One of the most chilling verses in the Bible speaks about the death of true Christians (Rev. 11:10), and the lukewarm and ungodly will be so happy, they'll send each other gifts - like Christmastime!

Thank you for alerting us. It's a great reminder of what's coming down the pike for all of us who want to prepare against the disobedience that will result in many unable to withstand the coming persecution (the love of many will wax cold).

Blessings

2012/8/15 13:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

It's the Pharisees all over again, instead of looking at the good work or miracle as wonderful, they scan the law looking for something to come against godly charity."

Approved: you said it better then I did.

You know I am getting exasperated with the stupidity of gov officials going after law-abiding or rather common-sense abiding citizens. My Biblical non-resistance stance is being sorely challenged!

2012/8/15 19:04Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Sadly....we are becoming a police state. I'm sure that more of this type of insanity is on it's way.

2012/8/17 23:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy