SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Body of Christ ~

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Body of Christ ~

Here, I'm trying to get some housework done and get over to Dad's to do what needs to be done there and I keep getting this mind-picture, [for a lack of a better descriptive word] of Walls around a city and these walls are massive.
I've been trying not to get back on the computer but it won't leave me.

Instead of a "city" being surrounded by these 4 very long walls, it's "Something Sacred".

The impression that it is giving me is that, there aren't just a few "watchmen" on the walls - but the Whole Body of Christ standing watch on these 4 walls.

Some are watching the east - some the west -some north and the rest south and even all of those on the same wall, watching in their designation direction, are viewing only a portion of that direction.
In other words - each having a necessary piece of the puzzle - none seeing/knowing it all, but everyone assigned to report.

It's their assignment to watch in that direction. None feel any more important than the next person and all have the same Manual in their hand. Occasionally, one will call-out to those relaxing or looking in a different direction - "Look" or "Watch" or "Listen" to each other or "Enter" to those outside of the Walls.

In the center of this Sacred Place - in the center of what would normally be a city - is something like a look-out station - but within it - a Voice can be heard, like a Command Center - giving directions, corrections or affirmations - but the watchmen on the walls need to quiet themselves to hear this Voice.

The watchmen are free to sit down if they want and pull something else out of their pockets to read instead of their Manual - if they so choose, or to talk amongst themselves about anything they want to talk about. But some have chosen to keep a steady watch and keep their ears clear, so that they can hear the Voice that's coming from the tower that's raised up in the center of this Sacred Place that they're a part of and to hear others on the wall yelling out those words above.

It's up to these watchmen to decide how much of their time that they'll devote to watching, listening and reporting back what they see, according to the Manual and what they feel lines up with that Directing Voice at the Center of all that these walls surround and how they can best fulfill their own personal position on these walls. Some may decide to be the water-carriers for the others that must remain on their wall. Others will double duty if one of the others needs to rest for any reason.

The whole of the Body of Christ is on these walls and free to do as they choose and each knows that one day these walls won't exist anymore and they'll be before The One Who's Voice was in that Command Center and judged by what they've done during their time on their assigned wall.

Did they care about each other, even those they couldn't see from their own spot on their assigned wall. Did they care about those outside the walls. Or did they feel that their position on the wall was more important than those others on all of the four walls? Did they see that each one was just as important as the others?
That though the many had differing fields of vision -- that the many were supposed to be as One?

LORD, heal our minds and ears and hearts and vision - by Your Love - Our Caring and Good Shepherd. Amen.

2012/8/14 17:05
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The Body of Christ ~

In my mind that is the greatness of the body of Christ that is not about one or a few but all. We need each other to see the whole picture. There is no balanced Christian by himself or herself, God has ordained it this way.

Especially for His end times work we need to be fully engaged in the body of Christ active and serving each other in love.

Great vision.

2012/8/14 18:47Profile

Re:

I knew you knew this, Brother. I've watched you do it.

When I got offline after posting the thoughts as best as I could, about our 'jobs' on The Wall, I heard in my mind - "I'm an 'Equal-Opportunity' Employer." .... and I smiled.

Also found this just minutes ago, and I hadn't thought of how protected we are in our position up on His wall with Him as that Tower.

http://www.crossroad.to/Victory/names/tower.htm

Who could ask for anything more? Praise GOD!

2012/8/14 23:13
browny

Dear, dear sister,

Praise the Lord for giving you words to express the image He put into your mind.
All is so clear and understandable. I sincerely believe this is one the manners how the Lord, by the Holy Spirit will speak to us.Helping the whole body of Christ to stand (or to stand up again)

And now indeed The Lord spoke to us.....
Thank You Father for speaking so clearly.

May the Lord give to us wisdom and insight to fully grasp the meaning of these words in our heart.

Sending you my love!
Praying the deep Shalom of Messiah Yeshua over you,
our "Sar Shalom".
Our beloved Saviour

browny.

(ps...still praying for your dad)

2012/8/15 2:42Profile
arkp

The whole of the Body of Christ is on these walls and free to do as they choose and each knows that one day these walls won't exist anymore and they'll be before The One Who's Voice was in that Command Center and judge by what they've done during their time on their assigned wall.

Did they care about each other, even those they couldn't see from their own spot or assinged wall. Did they care about those outside the walls. Or did they feel that their position on the wall was more important than those others on all the four walls?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and more...very much so, Pardon me.

And i thought i would never cry again..These Watchman are Intercessors. Intercessors are trained to hear the Voice of God.

You can not prophesy..if you do not pray.
You can not preach..if you do not pray.
You can not teach..if you do not pray.

God is not a man that he would lie, nor the son of man that he would change his mind..the promises of Abraham are and have begun to come to pass. I am fully aware of it and my Spirit rejoices. Behind these walls are so many Souls and if i were to begin to name them, this post will never end.

The Spirit of God knows no distance, just pray. God is faithful. Everything that you do..you do it as unto the Lord. He is worthy of all the Glory, he will never leave us nor forsake us, Amen.

I may not be able to answer/reply again to this post, as God is leading me in a different direction, but know that the Watchtower in God's command center are always facing the Wall.

Thank you.

2012/8/15 5:42Profile

Re:

Sister Browny, Bless you and your GOD given Ministry and friends there!!

arkp, your post is rich. Thank you for posting this exhortation to us to "Pray".

Amen. I know we're all here in agreement with what you posted.

Thankful for this Body.

2012/8/15 21:12
Elibeth

Ann,

This word is so true,and so beauififully put !

I so appreciate these truths and the encouragements .

Blessings,
elizabeth

2012/8/15 22:11Profile

GOD really Bless you as well, Elizabeth. You and yours. Amen!!

~*~

Another Brother's post today got me thinking about our work on the wall again. I think the water carriers are the intercessors. I think we all need to be intercessors - so we take turns carrying the water to the others. Praying the Holy Spirit strengthen those on the wall doing their work ... together 'with' the others of His Body - one with one another.

They say that this is the "ME Generation" and I've seen this happening in the Body since the 70's. I'm sorry, but there is a difference in the general atmosphere of 'the church' since then.
It was 'normal' to use the word "works" back then and everyone felt they had a 'work' to do and kept busy with whatever GOD would call them to. Helping people, etc..
Now - because we've dropped the ball on helping others - the counterfeits have taken over helping others and loving them. This actually brings one to tears. And those, like Missionaries and Ministries that give everything, can barely get the support that they need.
Something needs to change. We're not here on earth to serve ourselves and only think about our own things - but the things or needs of others ... like Christ.

As soon as we bring up "works" - that same spirit raises up yelling "We're not saved by works". I never heard that before just a few years ago. It seems almost pandemic.
NO - we're not saved initially by works - but we are to be Working as He would work and by His strength and leading.
The "SELF" focus needs to stop and with it the laziness/self-indulgence that goes with that.

We need to encourage one another with these words - because we're literally surrounded with an entire planet that needs our "help".

Grateful for those those that are on the ball, or wall, that make room for us to share our hurts here!

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Gal 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

**Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

2Th 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2Th 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

1Ti 5:25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Tit 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Tit 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Tit 3:14 And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

Heb 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Heb 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

1Pe 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

2012/8/16 14:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy