SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Individuality

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
getrealwithg

littlefield, tx

Individuality

It’s dawned on me this morning that I’ve spent my whole adult life trying to please people, trying to be a success by their standards. I’ve done the same thing as a believer for over 24 years now. I’ve strived to become a successful “christian” by the standards of my own church group. That’s the most miserable life a person can live folks. In the end, I’m a success when I learn to see myself, & my potential through God’s eyes & strive to live up to that potential God alone can see in me. If I’m going to help you, then I need to strive to see you through God’s eyes as well. That’s the source of everything i see wrong with the church world today. We, the leaders in the body of Christ are striving to build an army of “clones”, fashioned in our own image, or the image of whoever our “hero” of the moment may be. Each of us is a unique individual, & God will never strive to destroy that individuality. Men will. God’s goal in your life is to help you to become the very best “you” that “you” can be. My goal as a believer should then be to get to know you as you really are & also encourage that individuality. When I get bent out of shape with you, most of the time it’s because you’re not living up to my own self imposed standards for you. First, I need to see myself through God’s eyes, & then I need to strive to see you through His eyes as well. May God fill our hearts & lives with His light; cause us to see themas He sees them, give us wisdom showing us how to live up to that potential, & give us the power to overcome every obstacle that stands in the way.

2005/2/19 13:18Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Individuality

Just as small aspect of what you saying is the Sabbath rest of God that is promised to us who enter in. Peace that passes all understanding. I think also that in Christain life like normal life, if you do not know what is available to you you might never experience allot of stuff. Ever met people that have traveled the world, climbed mountains, or even traveled overseas. There is something about their perspective on things that they never would have had, had they just stayed in their little world.

Everyone has a cup of life that is given them, unfortunately many folk, and sad to say I among them at times, just take a sip here and there not wanting to get to much out of control.

2005/2/19 13:37Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Quote:
It’s dawned on me this morning that I’ve spent my whole adult life trying to please people, trying to be a success by their standards.

The Holy Spirit is saying the same thing to me these days Wayne.

It sounds something like this in my spirit "Do you want to please others or do you want to please me?" "When will you just do what I say?"

Harrowing words. May we live only for Jesus and only do what He tells us to and only say the words that He has laid on our hearts.

2005/2/19 14:26Profile
getrealwithg

littlefield, tx

Re:

One of the obvious side effects of being led by God's Spirit is to avoid all of this denominationalism, all these church splits over the stupidest doctrinal disputes. Looking back @ the history of some of these major splits, they split over things that had no eternal significance @ all, & had nothing to do with living a better life here on Earth either.

2005/2/19 15:14Profile
getrealwithg

littlefield, tx

Re:

I focus much of my energies on teaching believers to walk in the light of God. What it is exactly is allowing the new life God placed in each of us to control our lives on the outside. It involves consciously seeking God's light that we might see each situation we face through His eyes, seeking His guidance that we might respond to these situations instead of reacting to them. it's far more important to me to hesitate before dealing with a situation than it is to most because it was pounded into me in the Marines for 2 years to react & think later. I still find myself doing just that 39 years later. That's how strong the hold on my life is from just 2 years in the Marines. Prayer allows me to hesitate before reacting in the natural. Actively seeking God's influence & guidance allows me to deal with each individual situation successfully. My one really weak point right now is getting sucked into these theological debates. :-?

2005/2/28 11:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy