SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Dear Saints,

This has been a burden personally of mine for many years to see many of the brothers and sisters not only on this website better connected together. I have personally been in many house churches and simply homes of families of believers that cannot find good local fellowship in their area at any church.

So we have started a section on the website to allow networking to happen more and for like-minded believers to meet weekly for fellowship under the Lordship of Christ. The reason we have labelled this "house churches" is that were 2 or 3+ more believers are gathering in the Name of Christ, that is essentially the church in the new testament. We thank God for larger assemblies of believers but many do not feel free to meet on their own. But God does accept this.

You can read more here: http://www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/

The Lord has given me the name: "Gospel Fellowships" as a name for these meetings but that naming convention is not required to be kept for the groups. It is just a way to associate what God is doing in these groups and those that join them. We believe this will be much bigger than just SermonIndex, so we have decided not to call them "SermonIndex fellowships" etc!

We are co-laboring with other ministries and brothers and sisters to see this be a networking tool not just for some here on SI but across other ministries also.

May God unite and join His body in these days that Jesus Christ may be glorified and the church strengthened.

You can read more of this vision and network here and get involved: http://www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/

2012/8/13 16:17Profile
jstrang

Marshfield, Wisconsin

Re: New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Brother, I will for sure share this with every one tonight and add to my sites as well. I have thought about this for a long time. Praise God that you have put this together.

Sincerely,

Jeremy B. Strang
Christian. Husband. Father. Author.
Realities of a True Christian & more.
www.time2stand.com

2012/8/13 17:49Profile
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Hi Greg,
I left my information for this for Medina, Ohio. It came from a different email address than what is on my profile on this site so I hope it comes through. I never use it but my phone would only send it from my gmail account. I left my phone number or you can respond to the email listed on my profile here.
God bless,
Rich

2012/8/13 17:54Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother Rich,

I will try and be in contact with you tonight and call.

2012/8/13 19:05Profile

Re:

Awesome brother, this is going to be strategic as we move forward..............bro Frank

2012/8/13 19:23
ccchhhrrriiisss

This is a wonderful much-needed addition, brother Greg!

2012/8/13 19:48Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re:

This is good. Some brothers and sisters in Christ and I have been meeting for 3 years strong in different places each week. Mostly in a house though. I have spoken with another member and we are going to begin praying about it. May the Lord use this for His glory.

2012/8/13 21:00Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This is good. Some brothers and sisters in Christ and I have been meeting for 3 years strong in different places each week. Mostly in a house though. I have spoken with another member and we are going to begin praying about it. May the Lord use this for His glory.

Thank would be great dear brother, I believe there are many pre-existing house church groups that have been meeting but are not connected with other like-minded believers across North America, may this be one means God uses to connect some of them in a like faith!

If I can be of any help let me know and it might be great to talk with you or one of the brothers on the phone to have fellowship at some point.

2012/8/13 22:49Profile
jstrang

Marshfield, Wisconsin

Re:

Greg, I posted a link on our home page. I will add more as time permits! It is a blessing. Only one thing we must pray about much. As we approach coming persecution, we must be very careful about posting links to the homes of our brothers and sisters. Internet has made finding Christians easy, and much of this has been very good, but I wonder if as you develope this, is there a way to better conceal the meeting places of the brethren yet at the same time accomplish the goal? Just something we should all commit to prayer and see how the Lord would have this to move forward.

Thanks again brother,

Jeremy Strang

Realities of a True Christian
(get it while it lasts - www.time2stand.com/reality.html)

2012/8/13 23:44Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
but I wonder if as you develope this, is there a way to better conceal the meeting places of the brethren yet at the same time accomplish the goal? Just something we should all commit to prayer and see how the Lord would have this to move forward.

Dear Brother, that is a great point. We are just listing the phone number and email of a brother and sister that want to represent an area or a home church. Sometimes one of those brothers could represent multiple home churches in his area that he is in fellowship with and will connect people accordingly. We are NOT going to list any addresses or a list of addresses to anyone. I believe in this way it is the best method to connect brothers and sisters.

2012/8/13 23:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy