Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Husband saved during stroke

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Husband saved during stroke

Friday morning my husband had a stroke. Here is the sequence of events and my posts relating what happened.

8-10-12 7:16 AM
My husband is having a stroke. He can hardly move. Will not allow me to call 911. We have a history of me calling against his wishes and have made a deal not to call unless unconsciousness is involved - or blood. I gave him an Aspirin and we prayed the Lord's Prayer before he could not speak any more. His arms will nor work right and his face is distorted.

7:36 AM
He set back with his eyes closed for 5 min or so and now can talk almost normally. His understanding is fuzzy but he is still in there when I look in his eyes.

He was able to get into bed by himself. Says he wants to 'lay down a little.' Can't say how wonderful it is to understand his words. God answers prayer.

8-11-12 8:20AM
Update:

After a short nap my Husband opened his eyes and said, "Hi, Honey" From there on out he was his old self. Even went outside and filled in the line we had dug to lay some water pipe. There are no signs that the event ever happened.

My Husband asks me to let you all know that his is very grateful I did as he asked concerning calling 911. It is only in the last few years the illusion of immediate care has blossomed. Even 50 years ago, on a farm/homestead the emergency care would have been what I gave yesterday. Possibly, minus the aspirin.

We praise Jesus for His mercy upon our family. Every day is icing on the cake! A marvelous gift from our good Lord.

Chuck is as well as he was before the stroke. The whole episode has an unreal feeling to both of us, but we know it was very real. I wish others had eyes to see God's hand upon us. I guess if it was not for His grace, giving us eyes, we would discount it also.

It is possible the whole event was my 'fault.' I have prayed, recently, to see God work mightily, as He did in the scriptures. After I confessed this to him, my husband says, since he got to see it, too, and he is fine with that.

God still works miracles and Jesus is Lord of our lives.

White Stone and husband

2012/8/12 23:52Profile

Re: Husband saved during stroke

Thank GOD, Thank GOD, Thank GOD!

Very grateful for His Amazing Grace in this event that you two have gone through Together. Bless you Both, mightily!!

2012/8/13 21:16
dvndsn

Kentucky

Amazing Grace, sister! All of Heaven rejoiced Friday during your husbands conversion.

2012/8/13 21:41Profile
MaryJane

White stone I give thanks unto the LORD for HIS care of your dear husband. It truly is a miracle. I can not even begin to imagine the faith that GOD must have given you in those moments to trust HIM for your husbands well being. GOD is so good to us, HE knows all of our needs and loves us so much.
I pray for GOD to keep you both near to HIM. Thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony.

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/13 21:57Profile
lindi1208

Re:

Whitestone

Praise be to God and Our Lord Jesus Christ for this amazing testimony! Glory be to God! Lovely to see your post it's been a while since your posted : )!

Love in Christ

2012/8/14 1:10Profile
Lee500

Re:

What a miracle. I will continue to pray for your husband.

God bless you,

Leelee

2012/8/14 14:42Profile
Lee500

Re:

God bless you,

Leelee

Lee500

Re:

God bless you,

Leelee

MaryJane

Re:

Was wondering how you and your husband are doing. I was so encouraged by what you shared here with us.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/8/14 22:37Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thank you all for your prayers.

My Husband had another 'spell' this evening. Not as strong or as long lasting as the one the other day. He has agreed to go see his Dr. in the morning. He is scheduled for a surgical procedure in a week but we don't feel it would be fair to the surgeon not to let him know something was up. He is not opposed to Drs, just emergency rooms.

Our faith in Jesus makes dealing with these spells possible. My husband does not get anxious, just calmly lets me know what is going on. I go for the aspirin bottle and we both pray. Tonight I told him that if he dies he will be with Jesus and have his tears dried. I will be able to take comfort in knowing he will no longer be in pain. I do not worry about myself, Jesus will provide and lead me. God sets our priorities.

Your prayers are a comfort.

white stone & husband

2012/8/14 23:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy