SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Might America Look Like in 2022? by Shane Idleman

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 What Might America Look Like in 2022? by Shane Idleman

WATCH PAUL WASHER FIRST: http://sermonindex2012.eventbrite.ca/

Mandatory Euthanasia Bill: What many call genocide, Congress calls necessary to curtail rising health care costs. In the hope of reclaiming financial stability, many legislators plan to sign a mandatory Euthanasia Bill. In defense of the Bill, some State Representatives claim that abortion has helped to offset rising health care costs. This new legislation will include those with terminal or chronic illnesses—life will be terminated when rehabilitation is uncertain, and/or when lingering illnesses threaten the economy. Those with extreme religious views, and the elderly, are also being considered.

Congress Lowers Age of Sexual Consent: Congress will vote later this year to lower the age of sexual consent to 12. Members have agreed to consider new research indicating that sex between children and adults may be beneficial. Although this new research is absurd and appears extremely problematic and biased, it may have prompted a trend in the lower Courts to assign convicted pedophiles lesser penalties such as community service, or rehabilitation, for committing lewd acts with children. This movement may explain why many judges now offer rehabilitation rather than imprisonment. Even though research confirms that punishment reduces crime, many appear eager to facilitate this new trend.

Same-sex Marriage Exceeds Traditional Marriage: Same-sex marriage now exceeds traditional marriage in some states. As a result, words such as “mom” and “dad” can no longer be used. Citizens must refer to parents as “partner 1” and “partner 2.” Congress, however, is concerned that decreased birth rates will affect the nation’s economy. In response, partners will be required to explore creative procreation options. Additionally, traditional families will be limited to two children. If couples fail to comply, infanticide may be considered.

Zero Tolerance for Christians: Homeland Security reports that Christianity is now under control. A recent poll indicates that fewer than two percent of the population report adhering to Christian beliefs and biblical absolutes. This decrease is attributed to a successful “Zero Tolerance” policy, which includes hate-speech legislation, outlawing use of the Bible, incarceration for Christians, heavy taxation on evangelical churches, and media scrutiny of anyone associated with the Christian faith. Additionally, many biblical terms dealing with marriage, sexual orientation, and family values are now identified as hate speech and cannot be used in public.

Although fictitious, these imaginary headlines may be more fact than fiction if America continues to reject God. “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap” (Galatians 6:7).

At the time of this writing, it is said that we live in the greatest country in the world, but the success we cherish is not the result of chance. Many early Americans understood that in order for a nation to thrive and prosper, God’s Word must provide the basis for the government and the welfare of society. I’m not suggesting a theocracy, nor were the Founders, but I am suggesting a return to Judeo-Christian values. Just as water rapidly eroded the banks of the mighty Colorado River and created a vast Grand Canyon, America’s current belief system(relativism) has eroded her foundation and created a moral void.

Interestingly enough, the stability of America is one of the top concerns on the minds of many today. There was a time in recent history when America felt secure knowing that the most formidable enemies were abroad. Not so today. While we are concerned with terrorist attacks, and rightly so, there is a greater threat from corruption within. There are people and groups who are strongly committed to the destruction of anything rooted in our nation’s Christian heritage. They attempt to be “one nation ‘above’ God,” rather than “one nation ‘under’ God.” Scripture identifies this as foolishness, self-exaltation, and arrogance.

There is a saying that one generation plants trees for the next generation. I’m concerned that instead of planting, we are removing and destroying the very covering that protects us. For instance, most schools no longer teach students about the spiritual foundation that has guided America throughout her history. Consequently, America’s moral and religious heritage is often deleted, grossly distorted, or revised altogether. This should concern us. The ideas of the classroom in one generation will create the ideas of government within the next.

Today, our culture promotes relativism, and man does what is right in his own eyes. According to Scripture, to his own destruction. God’s Word says to confront, confess, and turn from our sins; relativism encourages us to ignore, overlook, and continue in them.

Although this position may seem radical or extreme, we are living in extremely critical times. Make no mistake about it: We are witnessing the rapid deterioration of a nation right before our eyes. But there is hope: 2 Chronicles 7:14 calls out from the past with resounding clarity to America today: "If My people will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their land."

Let it not be said of us today: "And there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord" (Judges 2:10).

By Shane Idleman; www.WCFAV.org: 2008 © ONE NATION 'ABOVE' GOD.

*A sermon reflecting this article will be posted under sermon videos at www.wcfav.org after August 11th.

2012/8/8 13:01Profile

Re: What Might America Look Like in 2022? by Shane Idleman

The headlines are very thought provoking and sobering. But what is God saying to us and what is our response. The writer would suggest a return to Judaic Cbristan values. To preserve the culture. Perhaps an old fashioned revival as in times past will save us. Return America back to the 1950's Leave it to Beaver era.

I would suggest that we are looking at the soon return of Jesus Christ. I would suggest that America and particularly the church are already under judgement. Look at Romans 1:15-31. The judgement will increase and culminate in persecution. 2,Chron. 7:14 is not going to work. America and the church are too far gone.

What God is saying is for a remnant to come out of Babylon. What God is saying is for a people to come to faith and life in Jesus Christ. What God is calling for is a people to turn to God in repentence and have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

The death of Jesus on the cross was not to save a culture, most notedly the American culture. The death of Jesus was to save a people, sinners bound for hell. For Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world. Hs kingdom is a spiritual reality. One enters that kingdom through faith in the Lamb. For Jesus rules in thee hearts of men. Not Washington D. C.

We must get woth God's agenda. His heart is the souls of men and women. Not cultures. His nandate is the gospel. Not a Republican or Tea Party agenda.

Posted by Bearmaster.

2012/8/9 18:13

Re:

Bearmaster, you're 100% correct on this. I've been feeling that it borders on abuse and cruelty to give false hopes of where we're at. That the people are Not being Prepared for what's about to come upon this world.
When they say, "Peace, peace" ... is that a prophetic word or a false hope?

Blowing the wrong trumpet call is not something that GOD takes lightly.

The Church is not prepared for what will come.

But, first they'd have to throw out there televisions to cut off one of the other main sources of the lies that's lulling them to sleep.

I've noticed all of these men with names out there calling for prayer --- the same names that gave us easy-believism for decades. Now that it's too late - they're calling for desperate prayer and feel they've got over a year to have that prayer call.

GOD gives a nation over to 'delusion' and that's what we're fighting against and I feel it's a helpless cause. People love their delusions and choose their own - but later, toward the end of things - GOD chooses the delusions for them.

I can't go find the verses right now, but there are verses from the prophets to those that give the wrong message, rather than a Last Warning.
And I'm sure there's a "Woe" in those verses.

2012/8/9 21:08

Re:

7-7-12 - "Second, we should not overlook our civic responsibilities as Christians—if a mere 50 percent of eligible Christian voters would vote, the political landscape would change dramatically."

Vote for who?

Some man on a white horse?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/romney-says-boy-scouts-should-admit-homosexuals

Please - this is the danger of faulty eschatology.
When will we learn that?
Why can't we see what's coming or where we are, according to His Own Words about these days?

Why aren't we preaching about the days He spoke of?
Why aren't we telling those that are crying out for answers - "We're in the beginning of those days!" and Jesus spelled it all out for us - event by event, saying "Behold, I have told you ALL things."

2012/8/10 1:07

Re:

Jesus said the whole world lies under judgement. Thus the fictional headlines should be viewed as God's judgement coming upon a rebellious nation and church. The thing is a revival or return to Judaic Christian values will not save us or spare us from what is coming.

Jesus also said that if I be lifted up I will draw all men to myself. He is redeeming a people, a remnant to come out of Babylon. It will be a small remnant. The question is will we be in that remnant.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/10 11:34

Re:

I agree that it IS coming. The Lord has already decreed it. Jonah preached and Ninevah repented at his word and judgement was DELAYED. Ninevah went right back to their idolatry and wickedness sometime later and was destroyed/judged. I thought the Lord was sending judgement about 3 years ago, as did MANY others in the Body worldwide, specifically those with prophetic giftings. God sent out a cry and DELAYED this judgement. I believe He did it in His sovereign grace to call more in, and even more so to gracefuully prepare His Bride for the hour coming.

We were not ready as a Bride/Body and He knew/knows this. He is graciously delaying His judgement for the sake of getting ready His Bride to be to a place where she is ready. It will be a shock and awe even to her, but He is working in hearts, minds, lives, local fellowships to purify His Bride so this thing doesn't totally overwhelm her.

And this talk about the "Judeo-Christian culture", our founding fathers, etc. isn't from heaven, but from man. God is going to use this to build HIS church like in the book of Acts & bring Glory in the midst of tremendous darkness.

God is not intending to "revive" or "reform" our American church system, but to "crucify/kill" it and bring a resurrected Bride in the form of His original intent all along. No more Nicolaitin influence. No more Jezebel in the sanctuary. No more Balaam influence. No more Adamic men in "the pulpit" emulating the Synagogues or ne Body of Rome more than the Body of Christ.

Read I Corinthians and the book of Acts for God's original design/intent for the church. Read Revelation, the letters to the churches and the 3trademarks of the Bride in the end: " They overcame by the blood of the Lamb, the Word of their testimony, and that they love not heir lives unto death."

Putting a patch on this thing we have allowed ourselves to become is not sufficient. The prophetic call for repentance/reformation came in the last decade and was for the most part ignored (& even scorned). After the prophetic voice went out, it was an "entertaining cause" for the church for awhile, she then got tired of hearing it, the voice got minimized, and the church went back to playing church, for the most part. Judgement is coming. The Lord has only delayed because He is gracious, kind, patient, and working in His people to be prepared (& bringing in some more harvest even now). Make no mistake though, it is coming, when the Lord makes the call to blow the trumpet, it will come and will not delay. It's already been decreed from heaven. Abraham was a noble and righteous man and kept praying for Sodom, but in the end, it was still destroyed by fire. But the Lord sent in angels to pull out Lot and his family. Don't also forget to "Remember Lot's Wife" who was turned to a pillar is salt for looking back even as she fled.

Jesus told the Pharisees that they could discern the weather, "but could not discern the signs of the times". Obviously, no man knows THE DAY NOR THE HOUR, but that the signs of the times and the season was discernable. We are in the season. Nearing the dawn of the 7th 1,000 year day since creation. Nearing the day of Jacob's trouble. Does God do anything except he first show it to his prophets? Focus on your life in God, your inner man, dying to self, living out the carrying of your cross, separating yourself from this world and wicked generation, desiring/praying for/seeking out NT Body fellowship as defined by the scriptures, being filled with the Holy Spirit, keeping yourself from idols & unspotted from the world, & walking in the love, grace, humility, & power of God. Don't focus on "fixing" a broken American culture, an apostatized American "church system", world peace, or any other such distractions God hasn't called us to in this hour.

Keep your eyes on Christ alone, crucify your flesh daily, and look unto the heavens from whence comets our salvation. We are standing at the precipice of a new day unlike anything we have ever known. Get that Word off your shelf and out of your "brain" and into your heart, spirit, and daily experience in walking with Christ through this world as truly a sojourner. A pilgrim. Just passing through. My body temporary resides in ABQ, in NM, in USA, in N.A.,in the West, but may we truly understand that we seated in the Heavenlies with Christ. This world is not our home. Stay focused saints. The day just ahead will totally disillusion those whose "faith" doesn't truly understand this reality and lives such now.

2012/8/10 11:36

Re: Jeffnar

Brother you were much more elequent what I was trying to express. I say Amen to your post.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/10 11:47

Re:

Just read it.

Good word-ing, Brother Jeff.

Thank you!

2012/8/10 19:32

Re: What Might America Look Like in 2022? by Shane Idleman

Greg,
It says "WATCH Paul Washer FIRST" & provided a link. But the link just goes to showing locations for telecast of the coming conference with no Paul Washer anywhere? What gives?
Jeff

2012/8/10 20:53

Re:

It's your settings, Brother Jeff.

I have to lower my security settings to see it.

It's Paul Washer at last year's conference. [I think]

2012/8/10 21:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy