SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rush on Chick-fil-A: The target is Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

"Even a broken clock is right two times each day."

I am not a fan or listener of Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck or other pundits on either the right or left. Nor am I ignorant of the things that they say or believe. I also understand that we shouldn't throw out the proverbial "baby with the bathwater." Just because they might be abrasive or even wrong in many instances, it doesn't mean that everything that they say is wrong.

In this case, Mr. Limbaugh is correct. The attack on Chick-fil-A has meandered from an attack upon the views of the CEO of the restaurant into an all-out affront upon the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In fact, if you actually look at the message boards and news reports about this, there is a subtle or, often, overt attempt to link "hate," "bigotry," "intolerance" and "homophobia" (some of the Left's favorite angry slurs) against Christian teachings of the Word of God. Most of the comments left in those articles are all-out attacks upon the Christian faith.

Obviously, discernment is needed when we listen to ANYONE. This goes for pundits, others in the world or loud, over-zealous believers who too quickly pronounce the conditions of those in either the Church or the world.

I don't care if Rush Limbaugh or anyone else draws attention to it...because it is still true. The stage is being set for this world to not only turn their backs on Christians and Christian beliefs, but to begin treating us like we are a cause for the world's problems and lack of unity.

Now, the world, up to this point, has largely dismissed the faith but respected the rights, morals and conscience of those who are believers. However, the faith has been under an increasing assault where the world feels that "bad" is "good" and "good" is "bad."

Over the years, there have been groups that have endured terrible persecution. Historically, Jews have faced demonic persecution at both the hands of the world's pagans and even some supposed yet false "Christians." This intense and evil hatred has come at individuals who claimed to hate them for what Jews have "done" -- but, in reality, it was due to the status as God's chosen people.

Now, we are the spiritual children of Abraham that have been grafted into the vine. What makes us think that we will avoid the persecution and hate from the people of this world? We will be hated for who we are (the Bride of Christ), what we believe (the teachings of Christ) and our refusal to embrace those things that are contrary to God's Word.

As someone said, the pieces are being set up for Satan's final affront upon this world. He knows that his time is short. Satan's intense hatred for God and the children of God will be reflected in the hearts of the people of this world.

It is interesting that many individuals are beginning to recognize this attack on the Christian faith. When I discuss the issue of "homosexual marriage" with the people of the world, I tell them that it is simply one group attempting to infringe upon the clear conscience of another. They have painted it as an "equal rights" issue. I point out that the redefinition of marriage is less about "equal rights" than the redefinition of a legal contract and forcing others to accept and acknowledge it.

The Left's desperate attempt at redefinition of "marriage" has far-reaching legal ramifications -- including when a [Christian] business or person hires or is forced to extend benefits to some homosexual individual's "spouse." It also can eventually hurt the "free exercise" of a person's faith when a believer is forced to keep quiet (or face legal ramifications) when the issue is brought up at church, in a business setting or with co-workers.

While they continue to argue that it is an "equal rights" issue, I point out that it is a definition issue. Just because someone has "equal protection" under the law, it doesn't mean that they are "equal" in specificity. For instance, the law says that high school girls are "equal" to high school boys, but public schools still provide separate bathrooms, locker rooms and even athletic teams based upon gender differences. In this case, marriage is based upon gender.

So, on a legal plane, this is certainly a direct assault upon the Constitutionally-protected "free exercise" of a person's faith as activists on the Left try to push a desire as "normal" on a majority of Americans who do not see it as such. Yet, as Mr. Limbaugh points out, it is also an attack upon Christianity. You can't help but see EVERY discussion of this issue result in atheists, homosexuals or Liberals who point the finger at the Christian faith and dismiss it as "hateful," "bigoted" and "homophobic." Yet, their blinders don't allow them to see how the truth is just the opposite. Christians are being persecuted for faithfully following the teachings of their faith. Sometimes, individuals in the world are willing to stand up for the truth in one area or another.

2012/8/7 15:26Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
no wonder the north american Church is so limp and impotent, and the 'spokesmen'...self annointed with their well paying radio/tv gigs are a hate filled drug fiend, and a hell bound mormon?....and THATS your counsel?

Wow, that sounds like it was right out of the mouth of Christ doesn't it?

Ridiculous.

Brother Neil's hate is ok, Christ approves of it?

'Drug fiend' can you honestly hear Christ saying this about anyone? Especially someone who had an admitted drug problem that is caused by intractable pain in the spine which led to dependency on oxy-contin?

What happened to loving your enemies on here?

2012/8/7 16:12Profile

Re:

learjet... excellent word, brother. You're right on the mark. Kudos to Solomon too.

Krispy

2012/8/7 16:29

Hating Christ and His church.

Rush Limbaugh is simply observing a political move in National Consciousness, and his observation is that it is: ANTI-CHRIST. Opposite of Christ; opposed to Christ; the negative counterpart against Christ.

No doubt, Rush is lost, but interestingly, he is a Deist, as many of our founding fathers were also. He sincerely refers to God at times. I agree with him, on this highly charged boycott, that back-fired, as directed toward the church of Christ, as Anti-Christ; against Him.

I look at almost every agenda of the current Obama administration, and everything they exalt, as anti-Christ. There is something more tough, a "fifth column" so to speak, a ghost army, embedded in a variety of associations; who war against the spirit of Christ; and the tide is on the rise!

I think of NOW, Feminists touting Abortion and Lesbian superiority, the NACCP, various homosexual organizations, Hollywood charities, the "ACT-UP" crowd, and on and on and on in America. The idea is that you have no one to point a finger at...because they all meld in together, and there-by a few, may conquer many....the "moral majority that IS the born-again church.

We all know that this is but a sprinkle from the clouds before the Hurricane ploughs. The HATE is beginning, and the flood is coming. It is simply prophecy fulfilled,as it comes.

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

2012/8/7 17:51

Re:

I suppose Chris was referring to me as the loud mouth overzealous believer who pronounces judgements. Ok. So be it.

In the early days of some of his radio programs Limbaugh was heard to speak out against those evangelicals who would disagree with him.  However my googling cannot find reference to these programs. My guess is internet was not around then. So these things cannot readily readily be gleaned as they are now.

It appears now Limbaugh is the friend to the evangelicals. So I will retract the statement about him speaking out against the people of Christ.

But do I regard him as a born again Christian? No. Though some may choose to call him brother. I do not see any evidence of conversion. A google of his life will show that.

The sad fact is. I see some in this forum who will give credibility to Rush Limbaugh. Even Glen Beck. But excoriate men such as Dietrich Bonhoffef or Watchman Nee who gave their lives for Christ.
Yet Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and Mit Romney are the ones using the evangelical right to their own ends. In the end the joke will be kn the evangelicals. But they are too blinded by their worship of right wing ideology to realize it.

This is the price one pays when a believer loses sight of Jesus Christ and thinks the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ will begin in Washington D C. To some revival is a triumph of conservative IIdeology. Not a moving of God's Spirit.

And we wonder why we do not gave a true revival in our midst.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/7 17:57
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi bearmaster,

Quote:

I suppose Chris was referring to me as the loud mouth overzealous believer who pronounces judgements. Ok. So be it.

Whoa brother. You supposed wrong. I was speaking in general terms of individuals who loudly pronounce judgment on others (including believers).

Remember: We will all give an account for every word that we say or type. Ignorance will not be an excuse for lies that we spread in the "name of Jesus." We must be careful to refrain from spreading rumors, slander, gossip or even incorrect earthly judgments about others.

WE must strive for clean lips.

2012/8/7 18:10Profile
mama27

Re:

I just have to say that I have a tender heart, and I cannot stand all the heated debate that goes on here....am I wrong in observing that it is much of the time among the men? (not always)... I am most ALWAYS sorry when I post anything beyond "I am praying for you" regarding a topic. Is it possible that people can have just a plain, honest opinion out of trying to walk a godly life before the Lord? Why does there always need to be such horrible bickering??? I get the same horrible feeling btw when I listen to the Rush Limbaugh program....

2012/8/7 18:19Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Mama I have to say I am in agreement with you in this. Often lately, as I follow a thread, this passage comes to mind.
Gal. 5:13-15, 26 ~ NASB

13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

15 But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.
26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Have a blessed evening! May you see God's fingerprints in the day.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

2012/8/7 19:55Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
I just have to say that I have a tender heart, and I cannot stand all the heated debate that goes on here....am I wrong in observing that it is much of the time among the men? (not always)...

Hi mama,

This is the second thread in a few weeks that have been posted in this vein, both threads were hijacked by people posting slanderous comments about people involved in conservative politics. I could care less about conservative politics but would like to point out that slanderous rumors and innuendos about ANYONE are simply not acceptable regardless whether the untruth pertains to a believer or unbeliever.

Just getting along for the sake of getting along and letting this blatant sin go unchecked in this forum would be a form of acceptance of the behavior. This should not be.

The 'soft heart' does not yield to sin.

Just sitting around letting folks go to hell is not an option for me, this is not compassion, it's hatred.

2012/8/7 20:17Profile
mama27

Re:

I am NOT yielding to sin, and I am NOT in favor of slandering ANYONE....I am only asking why people can't say their points in a kind manner?? I have been so close to quitting this forum on more than one occasion....

2012/8/7 20:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy