SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rush on Chick-fil-A: The target is Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Rush on Chick-fil-A: The target is Christianity

oh please! there are at least 2 dozen major global chess pieces in motion, and THIS is what folks have been going ON AND ON AND ON about?

a fast food resturant?

no wonder the north american Church is so limp and impotent, and the 'spokesmen'...self annointed with their well paying radio/tv gigs are a hate filled drug fiend, and a hell bound mormon?....and THATS your counsel?

i REALLY dont believe the majority of posters here have any idea what is coming down the pike, God has been watching, and He is furious, more with those who KNOW better, and claim Jesus as Lord....yet stink of the world.

2012/8/7 11:56
MaryJane

Re:

by HezWelling on 2012/8/7 5:56:27

oh please! there are at least 2 dozen major global chess pieces in motion, and THIS is what folks have been going ON AND ON AND ON about?

a fast food resturant?

no wonder the north american Church is so limp and impotent, and the 'spokesmen'...self annointed with their well paying radio/tv gigs are a hate filled drug fiend, and a hell bound mormon?....and THATS your counsel?

i REALLY dont believe the majority of posters here have any idea what is coming down the pike, God has been watching, and He is furious, more with those who KNOW better, and claim Jesus as Lord....yet stink of the world.

Neil

I was wondering if I might ask you a question? Do you still feel led to be involved in politics at all? I know at one time you were a supporter of President Obama but I wondered if GOD has shown you anything different, not necessarily about voting for one man over the other but in the process it self?

I hope you don't mind me asking this questions, I know it is off topic but I have wondered about it for some time now. Of course you do not have to answer this question it is just my curiosity :)

I don't vote myself(you may remember that) I do see some of those chess pieces on the board that you mentioned but will admit I do not understand it all. I think there is much in the news that is being pushed to the headlines as a way of deflecting from what really is going on. I told my DH its almost like while we are all running around upset about one thing or another the real danger is sneaking up behind us and one morning we will wake up to some really shocking news and wonder when did this happen...

God bless and nice to see you posting again
Maryjane

2012/8/7 12:07Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

I don't have time to respond to all of these side bar issues that have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. Although I really want to as some are so out there. Anywayzzz...

Let me return it neat, clear, and clean to my one and only actual point.

Bearmaster said

Quote:
But this man has spoken out time and time again against the followers of Christ.

I said if you make that accusation against a person you have a responsibility to give the evidence, links, or proof of it. As a Christian you can't just throw that at people with no proof whatsoever.

Apparently many here disagree with me as that is the only issue I raised and it is completely dodged.

So...I take my leave of this thread. If you can of good conscience think that to accuse people of, "speaking time and time again against the followers of Christ" ,without a shred of evidence to back those accusations, then by all means.. carry on with that ethical standard for your life...I guess.

Bearmaster..or any others..as you have accused a person of
Quote:
this man has spoken out time and time again against the followers of Christ

and there does not seem to be anyone who can find any evidence of it. I suppose you will have to decide how you feel about people accusing others when no proof or evidence exists for what they say except perhaps biased opinions. How will you feel when that standard is turned upon you?

Carry on.... as I am sadly certain some will.

2012/8/7 12:16Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Solomon101 wrote:I said if you make that accusation against a person you have a responsibility to give the evidence, links, or proof of it. As a Christian you can't just throw that at people with no proof whatsoever.

I am one who took the thread off topic, sorry if I upset anyone with my post it was not my intent. I have not listened to Rush show in years, and when I did listen it was very seldom but in that time that I did hear him speak I have not heard him speak against Christians or say anything that could be consider as speaking against Christians. I do wonder if some of the current headlines are there for no other reason then to deflect from much more serious things happening while many are unaware...but that is another thread perhaps for another day :)

God Bless
mj

2012/8/7 12:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Personally, I do not see that Greg is giving approval of Limbaugh's radio program per se, but merely pointing out that here is a secular radio broadcaster who is seeing the same things we Christians have been saying for a long time. And then how is it that if secular folks see this issue coming down the pike but Christians are blind to it?

This is my perception of Greg's reasoning behind this OP. Quoting him in no ways endorses his philosophy. At least this is the way I understood it before reading the responses.

In the past I have listened to Rush a lot when we could get him on the radio, yes, Rush and Dr. Laura. I have learned a lot from listening to Dr. Laura as I did Rush. But this in no way meant I endorse them. I know what it does to a person who listens to them religiously - it ain't healthy spiritually. But I would listen to them occasionally just like I would read a secular columnist. This is all they are, secular. It does one good to have a faint idea how their minds work so we may be aware what we are up against when we talk with the public.

My opinion.

2012/8/7 12:27Profile
iceman9

New York

Re:

I agree ginnyrose - I didn't take it that Greg was endorsing Limbaugh just pointing out an article...

I'm sure it was never intended to start the big fight that it has...

2012/8/7 12:42Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

SI Moderator IS onto SomeTHING

MaryJane questioned:

"a fast food resturant?"

But ouvcyouerrrs ("of course" in French dialect)!

(1) Fast = Instant gratification

(2) Food = Essential to ongoing cell growth

(3) Obamacare = Combine option #1 AND #2 into a "Compound Word" (and then, if you're really bored...use it to illustrate a basic "algebraic law")

Put it all together and you have...

...the most subtle and powerful attack on a major world religion since, I dunno, the "poppyseed".

Yes, as a recovering conspiracy theorist and cynic, there is a connection here, saints.

I have no political perspective to withhold here, for "Christ is Lord, to The Glory of The Father" - but in the meantime...yes, Christian persecution is going to infect the North American waters at some point and unfortunately, the Golden Arches will not be going down with us.

Chick-fil-A was always a rebel with a cause in the Fast Food chain. McDonalds has always been fiercely envious of their "waffle fries" recipe, which have slowly over time undermined the opiate dependency power of their "french fries" like the 1st century Christians did to the Roman empire.

What I am saying here, is, have we not seen this coming? Do we really expect a Christian fast food chain to survive what is to come?

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/7 12:58Profile
MaryJane

Re: SI Moderator IS onto SomeTHING

by IssacharSon on 2012/8/7 6:58:27

MaryJane questioned:

"a fast food resturant?"

But ouvcyouerrrs ("of course" in French dialect)!

(1) Fast = Instant gratification

(2) Food = Essential to ongoing cell growth

(3) Obamacare = Combine option #1 AND #2 into a "Compound Word" (and then, if you're really bored...use it to illustrate a basic "algebraic law")

Put it all together and you have...

...the most subtle and powerful attack on a major world religion since, I dunno, the "poppyseed".

Yes, as a recovering conspiracy theorist and cynic, there is a connection here, saints.

I have no political perspective to withhold here, for "Christ is Lord, to The Glory of The Father" - but in the meantime...yes, Christian persecution is going to infect the North American waters at some point and unfortunately, the Golden Arches will not be going down with us.

Chick-fil-A was always a rebel with a cause in the Fast Food chain. McDonalds has always been fiercely envious of their "waffle fries" recipe, which have slowly over time undermined the opiate dependency power of their "french fries" like the 1st century Christians did to the Roman empire.

What I am saying here, is, have we not seen this coming? Do we really expect a Christian fast food chain to survive what is to come?

Love-in-Christ,

KP

KP I am feeling a bit under the weather today so my head is foggy but I don't recall questioning anything about the fast food chain. I was just saying that there are a lot of news articles in the headlines that seem to be there to keep our attention off of other things. Things happening with Russia, Syria, Israel, and even here in the United States, like the economy, the droughts that will impact food cost and supply, the job less rates. This is just my opinion which means nothing truly :) I am sorry I don't understand your post if you don't mind what is it you were trying to say to me??

God Bless
maryjane

Edit: I think you attributed Neil quote as coming from me by mistake :) He was the one questioning the fast food restaurant. In my response to him I quoted what he wrote.

2012/8/7 13:05Profile

Re:

It's people like Rush Limbaugh that are used to get these types of messages across. There is a difference in him speaking against Christ followers and sticking up for Christianity. We have made the world think that we are no different than they, why wouldn't they say something against us? We've given them hate instead of love, we've given them reasons for not listening to Jesus Christ through our liberal actions and carelessness.

We say the same thing when we find out a preacher has run off with his secretary. We run him down, make jokes about him, and say that he was never a believer.

People like Rush are doing a good thing standing up for religious freedom in this country and so what if the other day he said something against some preacher.

You know, it's voices like him that cause trouble for Washington, and if he can garner enough support a lot of these bills that they want to pass are stayed because of these types of people.

Luke 16:8 ..... for the people of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

I say let him be, he is doing a good turn by speaking up.

2012/8/7 15:19
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

There is one more thing about Rush.

He knows that if Christians are silenced, when they can no longer speak out on what they believe to be right or wrong, he could not either. He knows which side his bread is buttered on.

The freedom to speak one's mind is one treasured by most Americans. Conservative Americans relish this right. Liberals like it as long as people agree with them but hate it when people contradict them - this just is the reality.

What does this have to do with a body exercising his faith? A lot. You should know that - the freedom to speak on perversion is being challenged, called hate speech - but never mind them calling Christians bigots or worse, that is not hate speech, you know. Now go figure, if you can.

In any case, this is what Rush sees and understands. When Christians will be silenced it won't be only us it will include a host of others. No dissent will be allowed, speech will be censored.

Is this idea not one that has been lamented on here frequently? Sure it has, so why do you not give Rush the liberty to say the same thing?

2012/8/7 15:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy