SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rush on Chick-fil-A: The target is Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Rush on Chick-fil-A: The target is Christianity

Radio giant Rush Limbaugh says the ongoing national dispute over Chick-fil-A’s stance for biblically based marriage is nothing short of an attack on Christianity as a whole.

“Now Christianity has to be banned, and that’s where this is all headed,” Limbaugh said this afternoon on his top-rated program. “All this stuff at Chick-fil-A, the target is Christianity, not Chick-fil-A. The target is freedom of religion. [With] Obama and Obamacare, the target is always freedom. When we’re talking about liberals, the target is always freedom.”

Chick-fil-A’s president, Dan Cathy, has come under heavy fire from homosexual activists since he said he supported the biblical definition that marriage is between one man and one woman. ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/rush-on-chick-fil-a-the-target-is-christianity/

2012/8/7 2:56Profile

Re: Rush on Chick-fil-A: The target is Christianity

I would caution discernment listening to Rush Limbaugh. The gist of what he says is true. But this man has spoken out time and time again against the followers of Christ. And now the popular conservative thing is to appear sympathetic to Christians.

The likes of Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and MIT Romney are wolves in sheep's clothing. They are used by Satan to deceive the elect if possible. They are to be avoided.

Saints we need to use discernment in these times. Many servants of Satan are masquerading as agents of righteousness.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/7 9:52
mama27

Re:

I have to strongly agree with Bearmaster. Rush Limbaugh is a "god" in my home....his 3-hour radio show plays out loud during the waking hours here....YES - MUCH OF WHAT HE SAYS IS TRUE and accurate.....HOWEVER he is an angry, foul-mouthed man without the Lord. He is fighting the wrong battle of conservatism rather than Christ, and he has a considerable following. Psalm 1 tells us as believers NOT to walk in the counsel of the ungodly.....Radio talk shows are such a sneaky and crafty deception of the enemy as I see it....I believe revival praying must include prayer against such deception which seems "good" to the masses....

2012/8/7 10:04Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Bearmaster,

You stated

Quote:
But this man has spoken out time and time again against the followers of Christ

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you in this post. I am however requesting that you give specific places , links, documentation, and proof as to the accusation you have made.

If you can not produce the documentation and proof of those things you accuse then you should retract your statement and apologize for it.

Unsubstantiated attacks on people are character slander at best.

Again, you may have those specific links, details, and references. If so then plain old fashion manners and character demand that you include those in your post. If you do not already have them then you should totally refrain from attacking another person.

I have not listened to a Rush program in probably 5 years or so. However, did you notice the quote that the original post included.. let me reemphasize...

Rush stated
Quote:
the ongoing national dispute over Chick-fil-A’s stance for biblically based marriage is nothing short of an attack on Christianity as a whole.
“Now Christianity has to be banned, and that’s where this is all headed,” Limbaugh said this afternoon on his top-rated program. “All this stuff at Chick-fil-A, the target is Christianity, not Chick-fil-A. The target is freedom of religion.

That is perhaps the most concise and accurate assessment of the situation I have seen or heard. Do you really feel justified to attack someone shining the light of reality on that situation? I certainly see no attack on Christianity there by Rush. I see a defense of it and a attempt to help others see these things as they are... rooted in a spiritual struggle. The realty is that there are forces that attempt to remove expressions of faith in Christ from the marketplace of life. Rush does not in any way appear to be one of those. He is shining the lights on what the evil doers are attempting. A lot more light onto the truth than many who claim to be so "discerning".

Of course if we are busy attacking other people that disagree with us we probably won't have time to consider that.

-edited for clarity and additional thoughts-

2012/8/7 10:05Profile
mama27

Re:

Solomon,

You stated that you have not listened to Rush Limbaugh in probably 5 years....I believe if you listened to him on a daily basis you would see the subtleties....as I said in my post, much of what he says is true. He DID clearly state that the Chick-Fil-A thing was about an attack on Christianity...that is true, but if you also see that his cause is against the attack on "freedom of religion"...it is a political cause.....I am sorry, but my husband has asked me to listen to him many times.....he is not talking about born-again Christianity, he is talking about "religion"....there is a distinct difference....

2012/8/7 10:41Profile

Re: Soloman

You say I am slandering Rush Limbaugh. I believe Mama27 has stated in her post what comes out of his mouth. Turn on the radio and listen to what comes out of this man's heart. And tell me that he is a believer in Jesus Christ.

I ask you or anybody in this forum. Is Rush Limbaugh born again? Is Mit Romney born again? Is Glen Beck born again? Are these men followers of Jesus Christ? Are they willing to lay down their lives for him.

I have seen the likes of Watchman Nee and Dietrick Bonhoffef excoriated in this forum. Men who gave laid down tbeir lives for Jesus Christ. Yet we hail Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and Mit Romney as the defenders, heroes of the faith.

I am ever left in ceasless wonder.

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/8/7 10:48

Re:

HI Solomon,

What do you think of this quote and do you think it is concise and an accurate assesment of Paul and the Apostles.......

"These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation."

Wow, the bearer of this news should be held aloft and lauded for such sweet truth coming from her lips, correct? Solomon, discernment is needed more than ever today and especially by shephards less the flock be led into a ditch. Limbaugh is a Godless hero to a Christless Christianity............bro Frank

2012/8/7 11:09
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Bearmaster,

You said to me

Quote:
You say I am slandering Rush Limbaugh

I said no such thing. I did say
Quote:
I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you in this post. I am however requesting that you give specific places , links, documentation, and proof as to the accusation you have made.

If you can not produce the documentation and proof of those things you accuse then you should retract your statement and apologize for it.

Unsubstantiated attacks on people are character slander at best.

So...I am only calling it "slander" if you are accusing people with no documentation, proof, or evidence to put forth except you say so. If all you have to show is a couple of people with "I say it is so" ,but no actual proof, links, or evidence.... then yes, that by definition is to "slander someone" when speaking ill of them as you have.

So... if you have actual proof then please present it. Otherwise it would be slander and should be kept to yourself until such a time as you might actually have any proof other than an opinion.

You would be furious if others accused you with nothing but their opinions. You would ask where the proof was... when and where did you say such a thing. Friend...you are to treat others AS you want them to treat you. So.. do it.

You will of course do as you see fit. We all do. However, the testimony of those who follow Christ is so looked down upon by those who do not know Him for these very reasons. Very often the doors to the hearts of the unsaved are locked to us and our testimony... and for one reason.... we have locked their hearts ourselves by infighting and slander. Our fighting in the Church is the primary cause the unsaved reject Christ...WE lock the doors and break the key off in the latch.. all because we what to launch an assault on someone who may disagree over a political or small theological matter.

Praying for revival is useless unless we are willing to have the commitment to walk in unity and humility. Why? Because God resists (stands against) the proud. That often means putting theological or political differences aside and agreeing to have unity on the essentials and letting everything else go to personal conscience.

How in the world do we think Wesley and Whitefield, who were a good bit different theologically, were able to do the things they did? Toward the latter part they expressed deep love and commitment to each other. Would to God I could see that today!

If we have time to knit pick others theology and politics then we had more than enough time to go pray. Words I believe... and will try to apply more diligently.

Blessings brother. All spoken in love. My only passionate posts on SI come when others are attacked without evidence or when I now the "proof" given was actually different that what was presented. I suppose I feel this way here. I apologize if it comes on strong...however, it is important truth.

Blessings!

2012/8/7 11:24Profile

Re:

Solomon writes........

"How in the world do we think Wesley and Whitefield, who were a good bit different theologically, were able to do the things they did?"

Brother, do you realize that Whitefield sent out a letter to the clergy of the Church of Engalnd stating that almost none of them knew anything of ' the new birth." This letter caused him to be banned from the pupilts, which is just as well because no church could have held the thousands that showed up to hear him preach in the fields. You see brother, given your stated logic on this thread, you would have demanded evidence for Whitfields statements and given the lack of it you would have rejected what he spoke and would have been a naysayer of the day, of which there were thousands. It takes courage to stand and draw a line and to speak out, but that is what Whitfield did and God was honored and glorified. Paul was not confused by the rantings of a spirit possessed girl even although those very rantings were, in that case, the truth. Paul exercised discernment nt and then cast the demon from the girl and the girls mouth was shut............. bro Frank

2012/8/7 11:38
mama27

Re:

How is it pride to call the saints to be discerning??

One cannot quote Rush Limbaugh on this forum...he is full of sexual inuendos, and uses the word "hell" without understanding....

It is not attacking Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck or Mitt Romney to say that they are not born-again. It is not prideful to call Christians to be discerning - it is LOVE.

And in LOVE, we should be praying for the salvation of these men, just like we pray for Barack Obama. And how is it wrong to pray for revival and call the worship of political ideology a deception of the enemy?? It is sin, I believe, if we as believers fall into it....and yes - pride is also sin....

2012/8/7 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy